Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing gig

That old stand is a death trap and needs to rebuild

More later

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I really liked it. Good set list. Loved Wheels! Everlong as good as I hoped live as well, better even. Would have loved if they played Next Year. Next time maybe, will definitely see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Amazing gig

That old stand is a death trap and needs to rebuild

More later

The angelsea stays! Best part about the rds, love standing under it for a rugby match.

Honestly suprised the foos would be a big enough draw for a stadium on a Wednesday evening, suppose it bodes well for more acts coming over all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Honestly suprised the foos would be a big enough draw for a stadium on a Wednesday evening, suppose it bodes well for more acts coming over all the same.

I'm not surprised they're hugely popular although the appeal is totally lost on me.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm not surprised they're hugely popular although the appeal is totally lost on me.

Same as myself, different strokes for different folks and that I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It was grand. Wasn't blown away by any means.

Same pretty much, never seen them before always wanted to and happy enough with it but so much fannying around for me.

Never want to hear Happy Birthday again for a while ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They give 100% live though which is more than you can say about some bands, I'm looking at you Arctic Monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

First timer, won’t be last. 10 minute version of The Pretender, Walk, Drum Solo, Everlong and My hero (hates that song on album but WOW live) were my standouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 pjd435

antodeco wrote: »
    Better than Slane or Oxegen?

What time did it finish?

Not as good as slane, but still enjoed the gig. Finished at 10.40

• Registered Users Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The angelsea stays! Best part about the rds, love standing under it for a rugby match.

Don't get used to it. It's earmarked to be knocked down once the RDS get a government grant to upgrade the stadium as planning permission has been granted.

Cracking gig. Really enjoyed it! Wet as f*ck after it though.

Don't get used to it. It's earmarked to be knocked down once the RDS get a government grant to upgrade the stadium as planning permission has been granted.

Cracking gig. Really enjoyed it! Wet as f*ck after it though.

Yeah I’ve seen the plans, they’ve been knocking around quite a while without much progress plus I think the Terrance as is now has to be retained anyways so shouldn’t be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got in halfway through Hot Milk, looked down at pitch 2 seen so many people up against the barriers. Felt kinda sorry for them. Didn't really take to Hot Milk. I enjoyed Frank Carter, the man knows how to interact with an audience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Good gig. Dirty Water felt awfully out of place at the end. Killed the crowd somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Thought that was fckin class. Pitch 1, right in the centre, not too packed. Loved the rain and banter. Think twas Oxegen I saw them last..

Still, felt I got the moneys worth anyways. He's some showman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Haven't been to any of their previous gigs but I really enjoyed this one. I think we got lucky with the weather, didn't rain for the first half or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Good gig. Dirty Water felt awfully out of place at the end. Killed the crowd somewhat.

All I could think was the daughter is being paid millions per show and it’s a way of avoiding inheritance tax or something. Awful song, awfully out of depth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'd never heard of Frank Carter, but wow what a voice. Gained a fan tonight!

Foos were amazing, but I agree Dirty Water sounded so out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Yes I'm the one you need to help across the road. Loved the gig.

Was waiting for them to play outside though? Why why why not.. sorry hearing aid ran out of batteries. Maybe they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Absolutely loved the gig. The man knows how to work a crowd and I (weirdly) thought the rain added to the occasion, almost like we were all part of something!

Highlights were ‘my hero’, ‘best of you’ and ‘monkey wrench’.

Only negative was a mosh pit developing near us
    on pitch 1, which in itself is totally fine of course....but one lad started to get proper agro, doing a hulk hogan-esque rip off of his poncho. Can’t stand that macho bull at a gig where everyone should just be there for the music/craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Yes I'm the one you need to help across the road. Loved the gig.

Was waiting for them to play outside though? Why why why not.. sorry hearing aid ran out of batteries. Maybe they did.

They played outside all night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Haven't been to any of their previous gigs but I really enjoyed this one. I think we got lucky with the weather, didn't rain for the first half or so?

It was torrential rain at one point and fairly consistent rain for most of the rest of the gig so I certainly wouldn't call that 'lucky' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭prunudo

Great gig, plenty of classics in there. 3rd time seeing them and they still don't disappoint.

Did anyone else notice the back of Taylors top, considering they love Thin Lizzy so much you think they'd know how to spell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Absolutely loved the gig. The man knows how to work a crowd and I (weirdly) thought the rain added to the occasion, almost like we were all part of something!

Highlights were ‘my hero’, ‘best of you’ and ‘monkey wrench’.

Only negative was a mosh pit developing near us
    on pitch 1, which in itself is totally fine of course....but one lad started to get proper agro, doing a hulk hogan-esque rip off of his poncho. Can’t stand that macho bull at a gig where everyone should just be there for the music/craic!

I felt the same about the rain too! rain mixed with the lighting looked great! was in pitch 1, Got wet but didnt care. loads of room and great view, was lucky to get the pitch 1 tickets in pre sale.
    I've seen them before in Slane 03 and Oxegen 05 but was too young to fully appreciate the legend of a band they are back at the time but I sure did fully appreciate them tonight. Great gig!

The bus arrived late so missed Hot Milk but they sounded ok from what I heard from them on the way In.

Thought Carter and the rattlesnakes were good but not into that kind of punk stuff. Hes brave and mad enough to physically interact the way he does. Reckon small gigs they do are chaotic. Few yokes around I'd say lol

Felt the angelsea stand needs a big of work for gigs like more lighting. Had a bloody pillar in my way again but ended up standing at the steps just before the way to exit and had a great view and sound. Stewards seemed not to care after a while and a lot stayed on the steps/barrier in the stand for the whole gig. They should really open up the bar there but obv H&S etc

2nd time seeing Foos and once again blown away. There the pure rock and good fun band. Felt amazing hearing some of the old stuff like I'll Stick Around and Big Me (slowed up version sadly). Felt some of the new stuff they done killed the crowd a bit and dave went on a bit in parts. Its nice to be nice to people behind the scenes/family but not all of us care. All of them are amazing musicians and hard too believe 2 of them played parts in Nirvana's history (more so Dave than Pat). Who was the guy who sang with Tyler ??.Would of loved to hear Long road to ruin, next year and Breakout (heard it in Manchester but loved to have heard it tonight). The Thin Lizzy tribute bit was decent. Merch looked meh with a €7 foo fighters poncho lol

Overall great night and end to a big summer of open air gigs for me. All small gigs now til 2020 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

as far as a performance, they cant be faulted.
    natural and genuine crowd interaction, good sound, intimate and balls out rockin.

found the security measures ott.

rockshore out of a plastic bottle can suck my balls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭piplip87

Rockshore.??????? Drink one bottle and piss out 4.... Must be a marketing campaign. Only drank 5 bottles and still pissing.

As for the gig..... The pretender is an opener and what an opener.....

The Sunday bloody Sunday drum solo got me would have loved to hear a full cover..

Cried like a bitch during my hero.... Jumped and Moshed during these days.....

Top three gig for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭memorystick

The best of you must have went on for 9 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

as far as a performance, they cant be faulted.
    natural and genuine crowd interaction, good sound, intimate and balls out rockin.

found the security measures ott.

rockshore out of a plastic bottle can suck my balls

The only thing that pissed me off was 7 f**king yoyos for that plastic bottle of crap, but Dave cant be blamed for that

Advertisement