Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Le Bruise wrote: »
    That's mad! Do they think there are pit wristbands I wonder?

not any more i dont think, thats the "gold ticket" premium you need to pay these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wanton wrote: »
    not any more i dont think, thats the "gold ticket" premium you need to pay these days.

Except for the Foo's there was no extra charge , But yea a lot of bands are doing the Golden Circle thing for the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Oh I know (and fair play to the Foos for not charging extra). I was just trying to get into the mind set of why you'd queue this early in the rain for no pit!? At least head into Paddy Cullens or something if you're early!!

Last time I saw pit wristbands for early comers was at Blur in Kilmainham 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There is zero premium paid for This gig?
    It was simply a matter of buying tickets for pitch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone see the band around town ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Le Bruise wrote: »
    That's mad! Do they think there are pit wristbands I wonder?

Only leaving work at 5pm, so it'll be a good 7pm before I make it to the RDS....the back of pitch 1'll suit me fine though.

They're queuing at the entrance for Pitch 2 so id say it's to get up top of that. The back of pitch 2 is an age away from the stage.

As others have said, no pit wristbands. Pitch 1 is the "pit" for this gig (albeit it quite a big pit).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Parked on an empty Ailebury Road, all car parks full including Clayton hotel...

Herbert Park Road probably a good option. 10 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Parked on an empty Ailebury Road, all car parks full including Clayton hotel...

Herbert Park Road probably a good option. 10 minute walk.

Plenty of street parking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My partners office is vibrating with the soundcheck going on, really gutted I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Poncho bought. Getting SO excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Counting down the minutes to leave work

Just happened upon a google streetview shot at a gig in the RDS, can understand the pitch 2 people queuing early, it does seem very far back

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3255973,-6.229109,3a,75y,104h,94.39t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMxaKvQotJiOggVmycrr44GyciajuGabLiSnU04!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMxaKvQotJiOggVmycrr44GyciajuGabLiSnU04%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya54.555553-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352

Enjoy the gig everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Any foos inspired afterpartys tonight anywhere lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Wanderers Rugby Club, just up from Ailesbury road, are open for parking. €10 for the evening and loads of spaces left. Guy at the gate said they will have someone on duty for the evening so cars are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

If anyone could get me a mint condition poster I'll give you an extra tenner for it, I'm not at the gig but really like the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

what time foos on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

what time foos on?

8pm

cool few mins away

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Been waiting for this gig from the moment it was announced. Absolutely so excited for it. Then, last minute, I couldn't go. Absolutely devastated. Like so gutted. I actually just want to cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Foo's are always here. You'll get them next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

antodeco wrote: »
    Been waiting for this gig from the moment it was announced. Absolutely so excited for it. Then, last minute, I couldn't go. Absolutely devastated. Like so gutted. I actually just want to cry!

You missed nothing. A lot of talking but none of the urgency of the early years. 22 years since I saw them last. They've slowed down more than I have. Tepid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Were they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

You missed nothing. A lot of talking but none of the urgency of the early years. 22 years since I saw them last. They've slowed down more than I have. Tepid.
    Ouch

wet as daffy ducks arse but happy amazing gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It was grand. Wasn't blown away by any means.

Better than Slane or Oxegen?

What time did it finish?

Better than Slane or Oxegen?

What time did it finish?

1045 i think

1045 i think

2 hours 45 minutes sounds like decent value!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

2 hours 45 minutes sounds like decent value!

Only came on stage 8.20

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

If anyone has a spare poster from RDS id love to buy or trade it from you?.....just missed out #gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Usual crowd banter ****e but immense set

Advertisement