Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,861 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They might be too scared to.

Considering Epstein demise you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don't recall saying that. This case is nothing like that, Epstein is 100% proven to be guilty.
    I'm saying there are 1000's of victims here , and that a lot of them will never speak badly of the trips around the world and the money. I mean lets get real there are millions of young women on Sugar Daddy advertising looking for guys like Epstein to pay their way. The problem with Epstein is he targeted innocent underage people, and used his money at that point to control and manipulate them. I'm just saying many of them once in this circle wanted to stay in, they kept going back, seeking him out, seeking these benefits. That's why I think a lot of them won't speak up against him.

Well, you did. And bear in mind that the alleged victims in Jackson's case were prepubescent children. Yet you still feel the need to downplay and justify it. And here you are again, claiming the victims enjoyed it and it wasn't that bad because they weren't that young.
    I don't see Jackson as a child abuser like Saville, I don't believe Wade and James's stories of horrid abuse, but I would be open to imagining Jackson could have possibly been gay, that he had loving relationships with people who by law were under age, but that it was love, not some twisted abuse like Saville's or Church abuse.
    If what they say is truth, which I doubt, then it was a story of love not abuse, but by law illegal. But to suggest Jackson was like Saville, a guy who would visit hospitals to abuse everyone and anyone he came in contact with is just wrong. Jackson was a good guy with a great heart, If like Rene Angelil he fell for someone and had a relationship with them while they were underage then it would not make him a monster. Wade and James talk of love a lot, if true, maybe it was just love like Rene felt for Celine.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109709729&postcount=591

Can you really not see the difference between grown women choosing to be sugar babies and young teenagers (aka children)being groomed by rich and powerful people into sexual activity?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The trouble is only a few girls spoke out, 1000's more enjoyed the sugar daddy ride and will never say anything negative about Epstein or Andrew or the other high rollers.

So out of thousands of paedophiles and ephebophiles do you not think at least some of them might have been capable of things a lot worse than just sexual abuse? That Epstein was so blatantly murdered when "they" knew full well the sh1tstorm that would inevitably follow leads me to believe that this was waaaaay worse than pervy old men having sex with pubescent girls. As morally repugnant as it is, sex with 14/15/16 year olds could just about be gotten away with, especially with money, power and connections. (I'm not defending it in any way; that's just the way of the world.) I'd wager that we're talking about kidnap, torture and murder here.
    What happened to the boys involved? We know that at least one predatory homosexual (Kevin Spacey) was on the scene so I assume his tastes were catered for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The trouble is only a few girls spoke out, 1000's more enjoyed the sugar daddy ride and will never say anything negative about Epstein or Andrew or the other high rollers.

Do you say the same about Savile victims who haven't come forward? You initially entered the thread with poor zero knowledge on what Epstein was being charged with, now your just knuckling down on ignorance.

First off I'm not defending Epstein, geez, lets not go there. My only point is some of these girls benefited for knowing Epstein and would not label themselves victims.
    Example, Nadia Marcinkova, flown from Yugoslavia at 15 to be a live in sex slave for Epstein. And not only did Nadia not turn on Epstein, she lured more girls in for him, and she according to court documents forced these girls into lesbian sex with her, and in to group sex with Epstein.
    She was one person given immunity from prosecution in 2008, which is strange considering she was lured into his circle at 15, why was she not playing the victim.
    And look at her now, CEO of https://www.aviloop.com/ , she benefited from knowing these high rollers. I dunno what info she has on people but she's getting ahead on the back of it

Sarah Kellen is another who entered Epsteins world at a young age, now married to a NASS Car driver. Both of these girls were used by Epsteins, but both loved the ''Sugar Daddy treatment'' and all the step ups in life it gave them.
    And both are never going to claim to be victims, even though in reality they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Alfredo Rodriguez was Epsteins butler who had the goods on Epstein, he got 18 months prison for trying to sell the information to the investigators. The information was not used and Epstein got the easy deal. Alfredo Rodriguez has since died of cancer.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The photos of Ghislaine Maxwell at In-N-Out Burger are photoshopped, odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

tuxy wrote: »
    The photos of Ghislaine Maxwell at In-N-Out Burger are photoshopped, odd.

Why do it? To hide her location? If it fake it well done.

https://www.insideedition.com/infamous-photos-ghislaine-maxwell-n-out-burger-show-signs-being-photoshopped-expert-says-55365

Images appearing to show Ghislaine Maxwell at an In-N-Out Burger are now being called into question.

Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's ex-girlfriend, was allegedly spotted at a Los Angeles location of the burger joint last week. The photographer, who was not identified, told The New York Post that when spotted, Maxwell said, “Well, I guess this is the last time I’ll be eating here!”

But could the images be fake?

In the background of one, a poster for the movie "Good Boys" can be seen. But there has never been an ad for that movie at that bus stop.

Other possible clues the images may be Photoshopped? The photographer told the Post Maxwell was dining alone, but one image shows multiple meals ⁠— one on the table and one on a bench below ⁠— and two phones.

inside Edition showed the images to forensic photo expert Adam Wandt of John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

"There's a wave of line going down her back that's indicative of Photoshop manipulation," Wandt said. "There's also brush strokes visible at the bottom that would lead me to believe that somebody possibly added Miss Maxwell to this picture."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Tony EH wrote: »
    Nobody ever gets arrested for having "info". Nor do they get arrested for being friends with somebody.

The fact of the matter is that there is no actual case against Andrew or most of the others that Epstein was associated with and without a solid case, nobody is going to waste their time.

What's going to happen here is that randy Andy will keep a low profile and, eventually, this story will just go away.

A lot of people are asking questions at the moment. But, they're questions based on hot air, to be honest, and until there's a proper case, with bona fide evidence, involved on any of Epstein's associates, friends or acquaintances, that's the way it'll remain.

Prince Andrew was pictured with Esptein after 2007, when it was known he was a sex offender.
    Pictured in Epstein Manhattan New York house.
    Pictured with one of the young girls
    She accused him, a court case.

Prince Andrew clearly involved in Epstein activities with young women. He got away it so far. The FBI would have to go public and demand he answer the allegations and only then, will the official media and press be interested in pursuing it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Prince Andrew was pictured with Esptein after 2007, when it was known he was a sex offender.

Doesn't mean anything in and of itself.
    Pictured in Epstein Manhattan New York house.

Again, doesn't mean anything in and of itself.
    Pictured with one of the young girls

An once again, doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

None of the above would hold up as evidence in any legal case. It's great for sensationalist news sites. But pretty useless everywhere else.
    She accused him, a court case.

And that's just an allegation so far, with an ongoing investigation. But anyone can make an allegation.

However, until there's actual solid evidence, no law enforcement would ever make a move. It would be a complete waste of their time.

Whether people like it or not, that's how it works. An air tight, solid case has to be built before anything can happen. Into the bargain, with Prince Andrew being a British citizen and a member of the Royal family, too, that case would have to be absolute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Court records show he signed a new will two days before he killed himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/19/jeffrey-epstein-signed-will-days-before-death-estate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Revealed: Flight logs prove Duke of York's Epstein girl WAS at key locations and on each occasion Prince Andrew was never far away - so now will he help her lawyers?
    • Logs show Virginia Roberts flown to London, New York and Caribbean in 2001
    • Miss Roberts has claimed that as 17-year-old she met the duke in all three places
    • Research by the Mail suggests the duke was in the same vicinity at the same time
    • Palace refused to answer questions on duke's time with Epstein and Miss Roberts

source

Next Top Model scout Jean-Luc Brunel flew poor 12-year-old triplets in from France as a BIRTHDAY PRESENT for Jeffrey Epstein to abuse, unsealed documents claim

• High-profile Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre described the sadistic birthday present in unsealed court documents from a 2015 lawsuit
    • She said the millionaire bragged about paying to have the 12-year-old girls, believed to be sisters, flown in from France for one day
    • The gift allegedly came from Epstein's longtime friend Jean-Luc Brunel
    • Epstein invested $1million to help launch Brunel's Miami-based modeling firm MC2, in return for a 'supply of girls on tap', the suit claims
    • Brunel allegedly supplied illegitimate visas for underage girls from foreign countries and Epstein housed them at his brother's apartment in Manhattan
    • The model scout, 72, has denied all involvement in Epstein's alleged crimes

source

Jeffrey Epstein signed will just two days before suicide
    The 66-year-old former hedge-fund manager was worth $577,672,654, or about $18 million more than he previously stated in court papers while futilely trying to land bail on federal sex-trafficking charges, the new documents show.

He put all of his holdings in a trust, called The 1953 Trust, after the year he was born.

“It’s done that way for privacy reasons,’’ a city estate lawyer told The Post. “It’s pretty boiler-plate. It’s what we call a ‘pour-over will,’ which means everything pours over to a trust.

<Snip>
    Its executors are two longtime Epstein employees: lawyer Darren Indyke and businessman Richard Kahn. A third man, Boris Nikolic, is listed as an alternate. The executors will receive $250,000 apiece for their work on the estate, in addition to “reasonable’’ expenses related to the job, the papers say.

source

He kept the money detail offshore. how easy/difficult will that be to track.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Again, doesn't mean anything in and of itself.
    What hanging out with a convicted P? And in his private house, in casual attire, (not on formal business), without normal support or advisors, and a load of young girls/ladies coming an going, and this from someone in Andy's 'standing'.

This world exclusive from the Mail is all nothing to do about nothing much? Eh? Sorry but you do sound a lot like someone trying to excuse someone else's behaviour.

swLcxB7.png
    Anyone even associating in any way with a convicted P would need to take a look at themselves, nevermind someone deemed to (formerly) be in such high standing.

His main accuser (V,Roberts) is all over the flight logs for the 'love plane' including trips to Ldn. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7373055/Flight-logs-prove-Duke-Yorks-Epstein-girl-key-locations.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Prince Andrew and Epstein were pals for decades. There have been numerous stories quashed regarding Andrew.

15793274-7226211-image-m-62_1562619605652.jpg

Inside his mansion...

NINTCHDBPICT000504218541-9-e1566124264810.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This post (and many others by you in this thread) is disgusting you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Why do you feel the need to belittle the crimes of a serial rapist and pedophile? Hardly surprising that you’re a trump supporter. I bet you’re sad you didn’t get an invite to his island.

What hanging out with a convicted P?...
    Prince Andrew and Epstein were pals for decades...

That and the photos you posted are useless for building a case. They mean nothing in isolation and any lawyer worth their salt would dismiss them with ease.

Being friends with someone, even a "convicted P", and being photographed with them is not good enough.

Simple as, I'm afraid.

That and the photos you posted are useless for building a case. They mean nothing in isolation and any lawyer worth their salt would dismiss them with ease.

Being friends with someone, even a "convicted P", and being photographed with them is not good enough.

Simple as, I'm afraid.

Never said it was. Just pointing out they've been friends for decades.

Never said it was. Just pointing out they've been friends for decades.

I think we all know this, though, Matt.

We do though don't we though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

What’s the point of this “nothing to see here” handwaving.

Everything has gone quiet hasn’t it? The US press hasn’t really done much investigation - with the daily mail alone getting some pictures.

Nothing new about the autopsy. No interviews with prisoners, staff or medical officers. Nothing much on the continuing investigations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Everything has gone quiet hasn’t it? The US press hasn’t really done much investigation - with the daily mail alone getting some pictures.

Nothing new about the autopsy. No interviews with prisoners, staff or medical officers. Nothing much on the continuing investigations.
    Of course you won't get interviews with people during an ongoing investigation fl

Of course you won't get interviews with people during an ongoing investigation fl

No such laws in the US as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

This is not (as of yet, might be in the future) legal proceedings or a case.
    It's a case of 'morality and decency' for someone from a place of responsibility.

Sure (it seems) you don't seem find anything wrong? with such a prominent figure being very good mates (still), with an (already, years ago) convicted 'P'.

However ask anyone else here, there or anywhere what the think about AirMiles Andy and his associations, it will not be kind. You can only just imagine the massive embarassment he's caused.

MadYaker wrote: »
    This post (and many others by you in this thread) is disgusting you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Why do you feel the need to belittle the crimes of a serial rapist and pedophile? Hardly surprising that you’re a trump supporter. I bet you’re sad you didn’t get an invite to his island.

I dunno how you get that from my post. Only a few people spoke up against these guys, while 1000's more will never speak up, even though they have info and maybe proof to take a lot of these high rollers down. That is my point. You make it sound like I condone it, and I'm defending Epstein, geez.
    I'd hate to live with my head above the clouds, where everything is sun shine and rainbows, we live in a world where 1000's of girls seek out sugar daddies, they use sites to connect them with these guys. So many of these Epstein girls went on to big things on the back of knowing the high rollers, so they'll never come out and take these guys down.
    That is the point I'm making.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I dunno how you get that from my post. Only a few people spoke up against these guys, while 1000's more will never speak up, even though they have info and maybe proof to take a lot of these high rollers down. That is my point. You make it sound like I condone it, and I'm defending Epstein, geez.
    I'd hate to live with my head above the clouds, where everything is sun shine and rainbows, we live in a world where 1000's of girls seek out sugar daddies, they use sites to connect them with these guys. So many of these Epstein girls went on to big things on the back of knowing the high rollers, so they'll never come out and take these guys down.

Well, FWIW, I got your attempts at minimising Epstein's criminality from your posts as well! If that's not what you meant, mebbe you need to take a look at how you use language to express your thoughts...

Your posts have all the hallmarks of deflection of guilt and 'blame' onto victims of paedophilia just because they smiled at some point while they were being abused. That shows your crass ignorance about how powerful assholes like Epstein and Andrew manipulate their victims.

I hope you never father daughters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

So victim blame the **** out of them? Plenty of victims don't come forward. Do you think all of Savile's victims came forward? Plenty are still affected and others simply want it to remain in their past, I don't blame or judge them for that.

It's not 'nothing to see here'. It"s about what you can prove. Because in a legal case, that is all that matters. It's not not about what one thinks or believes. It's only about what can be proven.

This is not (as of yet, might be in the future) legal proceedings or a case.
    It's a case of 'morality and decency' for someone from a place of responsibility.

Sure (it seems) you don't seem find anything wrong? with such a prominent figure being very good

However ask anyone else here, there or anywhere what the think about AirMiles Andy and his associations, it will not be kind. You can only just imagine the massive embarassment he's caused.

Never mentioned anything about things not "being wrong". It's only about what can be proven.

You talk an immense load of sh1te. The investigations are test cases of dozens or more victims and what “big things” did any victim move on to?

• Advertisement

It's not 'nothing to see here'. It"s about what you can prove. Because in a legal case, that is all that matters. It's not not about what one thinks or believes. It's only about what can be proven.

None of us is arguing before a court of law here.

Advertisement