Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Necro and skeith with very late votes on Ted there.

Worth noting. The latest of any votes there.

If they did lump on Ted as wolves, who was it to save.... 2D was the other lad close to the chop. Others had 2 votes but didnt seem to be close to being lynched

beakerjoe voting for bounty hunter at 10:31:26 and never changing all day?
    2d voting for choc chip at 10:32:56 and never changing all day.

Did nothing that happen all day make any difference to you two?

how were you so sure at 10:30 am who you were voting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hell hath no fury like a Lady scorned.

2/3 that voted for me are gone.

Hang on

You’re a lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »

I voted early and stuck to it. It’s easy on D1 to do that, you’ve no idea who is a wolf so you go with your initial read. Like when people were going for Ted I wasn’t tempted to jump, there was no good reason other than one of four people had won a prize. I was one of that four. Ironically claiming the prize wasn’t enough to save Ted

I still didn’t win a prize

The discussion today was all fur coat and no knickers. Nothing major happened. A lot of guess work, gut feeling, etc. I've had nothing more than a hunch that Seacláide is the Night King since last night. Read nothing today to dissuade me from that. Admittedly nothing to strengthen that hunch either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’ve no idea. I find the start of games very tough, my radar is usually miles off.
    I FFA’d Lord TSC and BH but that was on feel

What specificly made you feel them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I vote BH as I felt he was best choice for convert. Did I feel like changing, yes. Did I feel strongly enough to change nope

I always vote early to make sure i never miss a vote.

I voted early and stuck to it. It’s easy on D1 to do that, you’ve no idea who is a wolf so you go with your initial read. Like when people were going for Ted I wasn’t tempted to jump, there was no good reason other than one of four people had won a prize. I was one of that four. Ironically claiming the prize wasn’t enough to save Ted

I still didn’t win a prize
    you voted at 14:57 for lord_tsc
    thats well later than 10:30, lynch form open notification was at 10:27.

Reformated day 1 vote table.

voted for | # of votes | voted by
    Ted_YNWA | 4 | tritium, Choc chip, sKeith, Necro
    Hello 2D Person Below | 3 | Ted_YNWA, Tusk, DublinAndy2
    Tusk | 2 | Stu Redman, fixxxer
    Guffy | 2 | Quickbeam, Bounty Hunter
    Bounty Hunter | 2 | Beakerjoe, Guffy
    sKeith | 2 | Micksjaguar, Lord TSC
    Lord TSC | 2 | gnr, Drumpot
    Choc Chip | 1 | Hello 2D Person Below
    Necro | 1 | Ladyskunk
    Beakerjoe | 1 | Ectoplasm

added colour.

Necro | 1 | Ladyskunk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

There will be competitions each day to determine if anyone should win prizes. Prizes mean powers. These powers may be character target specific, so please consider this before revealing your character.
    Just might be something to remember if people do have specific theories. That would suggest that some characters will prob win prizes that relate to their character.

Necro has power to revive. May or may not relate to his role. Necro could of started out as NK or his general, that makes Eva’s power only helpful for the convert part. I’m not sure how I feel about Necro so just wanted to record my thoughts.

But equally Eva’s power is, as I said, genius if it’s been thought up by a baddy.

Lordy lord of lordington manner, I’m keeping an eye on you my friend.... I’m perturbed with our interactions earlier. Your lack of curiosity on those who voted for you was ironically more suspicious then the very same thing you accused me of doing. Not responding to an accusation....

And last but not least
    Guffy wrote: »
    Its just very convenient that you can't be killed now and its the first time we've heard of it. And that you can save yourself after your dead too.

Anywhere else or in an other context this would not make a lick of sense. But it works right here, I can tell Guffy wrote that with a straight face and was serious.... What a Jolly good show this is ...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

This game is a little odd there is nothing much to discuss at times we are trying to find the NK to stop the conversions and thats it.

Some people seem to be holding back on stuff like Ted earlier to help the house alignment, which doesn't help.

My suspected converts are tied into my NK suspect which is sk, although I did note that I thought Tusk, QB and Ecto were different today.

Tusk was the only one on my list that Sk isoed on Day 0, maybe them isos where a double bluff though I'm not sure.

I did feel that Sk and guffys interaction last night seemed a little forced so that'd be my pick for his buddy.

But i'm basing this all on SK being the NK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Jeeze I’ve just gone back a good bit today. It all went off at the inn didn’t it :(
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    But....that's kind of the game.

No one knows for sure if you're good or bad, so will poke at your "research" in a bid to see if it holds up or not.

If you're good, other goods don't know and need to test you.
    If you're good, bads will try to pick you apart.
    If you're bad, then of course others will poke holes in your stuff.

I just wanted to highlight this post from Lord in response to Tuskys meltdown <3 This is something I struggle with sometimes and a bit today too, I can get p**sed off and paranoid when people question me when I know what I am but then have to remember that its the aim of the game :o

After seeing a couple of other people frustrated like myself, just wanted to say I get it. Very good post by Lord putting things in perspective though :)

And yes I know blah blah pocket pocket, I think it’s worth saying.

This game is a little odd there is nothing much to discuss at times we are trying to find the NK to stop the conversions and thats it.

Some people seem to be holding back on stuff like Ted earlier to help the house alignment, which doesn't help.

My suspected converts are tied into my NK suspect which is sk, although I did note that I thought Tusk, QB and Ecto were different today.

Tusk was the only one on my list that Sk isoed on Day 0, maybe them isos where a double bluff though I'm not sure.

I did feel that Sk and guffys interaction last night seemed a little forced so that'd be my pick for his buddy.

But i'm basing this all on SK being the NK

I just want to say this again because I wasn’t around to push this earlier and kind of let it go after. I said along the lines of similar earlier.

I think whoever won the prizes yesterday should reveal that they won regardless of their house being revealed. I think that will give us a small pool to work with for a possible NK/RH in the winners list yesterday.

Finding the NK is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack so going for the long game here in phase 2 might be completely pointless if we don’t even make it to phase 2 because everyone is turned into a white walker.

I know everyone can play how they want and I don’t want to tell anyone what to do but at this stage and for however long it’s going to take to find the NK all of the houses and other players are one big village team on the same side so should be working together.

Sorry that came out like word vomit after reading your post, just wanted to get that point out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

200.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just as a note that if I'm not converted tomorrow I don't care if no one listens to me, I'm going to continue to try and solve this game irregardless.

On the votes.

The highest comined votes today was 4.
    Tomorrow team NK will have 4 members.
    3 disposable members and the NK.

If those 3 disposable members vote in a group, on any bandwagon, that BW easily wins.

We need to work together more or else we lose due to not organising our votes to control the lynch.
    And it seems that team NK is winnning alot of these competitions.

Still one missing from n0 and unknown missing claims today.

Necro wrote: »
    200.gif

Why are you alone? Funnily enough I was just multiquoting and copying two of your posts on full site to bring over to mobile site and just checked the thread.

I’m sure you’ll be waiting eagerly for my post :P

On the votes.

If those 3 disposable members vote in a group, on any bandwagon, that BW easily wins.

We need to work together more or else we lose due to not organising our votes to control the lynch.

I don't think so.

I think players are holding back hoping to get to phase 2.

K3Z16ni.gif

And players need to cop on and realise there isn't going to be a second phase unless they wise up and start working as a united team, not fractured selfish houses.

Fcuk me it's really like GOT...:(

giphy.gif

On the votes.

What’s the downside to coordinating our votes? Can it be easily manipulated?

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Why are you alone? Funnily enough I was just multiquoting and copying two of your posts on full site to bring over to mobile site and just checked the thread.

I’m sure you’ll be waiting eagerly for my post :P

Will be tomorrow post conversion when people won't listen to me anyways:(

XOn3Clj.gif

• Advertisement

Just as a note that if I'm not converted tomorrow I don't care if no one listens to me, I'm going to continue to try and solve this game irregardless.

This is a little weird dude what else would you do give up?

I don't think so.

I think players are holding back hoping to get to phase 2.

K3Z16ni.gif

And players need to cop on and realise there isn't going to be a second phase unless they wise up and start working as a united team, not fractured selfish houses.

Fcuk me it's really like GOT...:(

giphy.gif

Calling it phase 2 is what started this.

Its not phase two, its end game, and will likely last all of 1 second or maybe five minutes if the auto win isnt triggered because there is a tie somewhere, and then its just first to make a successful alliance wins.

That is not something to aspire to get to if it jepordises routing out the real enemy, the whitewalkers.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    What’s the downside to coordinating our votes? Can it be easily manipulated?
    the downside to not coordinating or votes is that team NK wins all the lynches.

This is a little weird dude what else would you do give up?

It happens all the time man, villagers who are under constant pressure or assumed as wolves just zone out of the thread.

Just saying it ain't what I'll be doing is all

tumblr_na2ylanNF61r2bzz4o4_250.gif

Calling it phase 2 is what started this.

Its not phase two, its end game, and will likely last all of 1 second or maybe five minutes if the auto win isnt triggered because there is a tie somewhere, and then its just first to make a successful alliance wins.

That is not something to aspire to get to if it jepordises routing out the real enemy, the whitewalkers.

Hey, you're preaching to the converted bud. Unlike my other good buddy Stucifer :cool:

Just since you've mentioned that a few times now, it has got my attention and I can't ignore it - That's all well and good once you are not the NK yourself trying to protect this morning's convert or original wight follower (Necro).

Maybe if you were the NK though, you wouldn't be so vocal about 'Meh to killing converts' as it could raise too many suspicions.

I dunno, but I do know that whoever said it earlier (might have been sKeith) is right - Ignoring the converts and trying to get the NK might be grand for now, but could seriously hurt us in end game.

Converts, NK or any original NK follower there might be - I don't mind who once we get one of them. I'm eager to reach the politicking/House allegiances part of the game.

Most of this post is grand but the last bit just seems off imo. Only person that matters about getting is the NK, anything else is collateral damage.

That being said, there were three today so IF we could get one of those tomorrow then we might be able to wagonomics our way down the chain.

added colour.

Necro | 1 | Ladyskunk

Sooooo many people with 2 votes.

Not much point in doing anything though, I've gone down rabbit holes trying to do stuff with no red flips.

Right I'll be back in the morning. I need sleep been staring at a PC screen for almost 12 hrs straight at this point

I just wrote the most pockety post ever and had to metaphorically slap myself in the face and delete it :pac:

Feeling too warm and fuzzy as I nod off to sleep. Going to go to sleep myself. Feel a bit more involved after my couple of posts though and read back and on the bright side I’m off at 4 tomorrow and off the following day wooo, I’m going to wreck your heads.. More than I usually do :P

Will respond to Necro tomorrow, got distracted there. Night all

I did write that before I thought of Tandy being able to tell if Necro is converted or not

I stand by my point though, if we’re confident someone is a convert then I say leave them, were only after the NK. Converts are of no use and a wasted lynch is a day closer to the NK winning

And since you mentioned it - even if I was the NK it’s still a solid strategy

I’m not though

So you want to put any found converts on the lynch longfinger in favour of taking a shot to find the NK?

Cheers for the clarification, I'd be a bit peeved with myself if I didn't raise that point and you then popped up at endgame as NK to freeze the village in eternal Winter. Not as if you would reply now 'Sure, I'm Ignatius Night King, pleased to meet you', but I had to mention it.

Before I get onboard with any village strategy, I want to make sure I fully understand it.

• Advertisement

Hey, you're preaching to the converted bud. Unlike my other good buddy Stucifer

Most of this post is grand but the last bit just seems off imo. Only person that matters about getting is the NK, anything else is collateral damage.

That being said, there were three today so IF we could get one of those tomorrow then we might be able to wagonomics our way down the chain.

Wow, you also studied under Professor Shade Shadesteen at the Shade Institute? eek.png I thought Lordy was the only one to have had such an honour, you lucky pair!

I suppose Necro, it's getting to that stage in the game where if you are bad (despite numerous unprompted protests that you aren't) you would want to maybe keep an eye on me. I'm not a wolf, I'm not currently in danger of being painted as one or manipulated into a mislynch. I'm getting more into the game. I'm potentially a low lying wolf-hunter.

If you are village, then 'Hurray!' and well done for leaving no stone unturned. However, I feel the above is very cheap shade, lip-service shade...lipshade if you will. Even the way you tried to pull sKeith into it with "unlike our pal Stucifer", it just smells a little...funny. It's like you are trying to light a fire under me in advance for Tuesday's deliberations with weak fuel.

Getting the NK is paramount, but other wolf kills are not just "collateral damage". If we lynch a convert or there is a vig kill on a convert on Day 2, that's far better than us taking out another villager. We are a couple of deaths and a conversion into the game, if Tuesday goes that way without landing any wolf, we're approaching a dire situation for all Houses and lone players in the village.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of playing what to me will be a new element of WW and killing all bads in order to get there...so shoot me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm certainly not one of those players sKeith posted about and putting any House allegiances I may or may not have before the overall village fight against the NK.

It could be worse I guess, I could be claiming a power which is eerily similar to the NK's major power in the show (necromancy), in a game where the OP states that prizes could be character-specific powers. It could be worse, I could have just literally posted "Hey, you're preaching to the converted bud" cool.png

Advertisement