Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Guffy wrote: »
    Why was eva not converted this morning btw?

I don't know, maybe she was.

I'm not converted and I'm not either of the original evils

And I have a cool power that is pointless:(

That's all I know right now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Once Necro isn’t the NK then I’m happy for him to live, wight or not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Necro wrote: »
    Use the bullet on me, then box me off in my own little corner IF Eva says I'm converted tomorrow.

This is difficult as I'm saying what to do with future potential wolf me as villager me.

I am not the Night King, therefore wasting energy and effort killing me twice is a waste of our resources.

Resolve my ability, then ignore me.

Also this is why it was a terrible move not to use it imo. There's so much shadow, wasted bullets and lost lynches.

Why would you want to revive yourself after being shot if all you were coming back for was to be put in a corner? On what planet there a corner big enough for you :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Green&Red wrote: »

Wight or wrong would have worked better :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also this is why it was a terrible move not to use it imo. There's so much shadow, wasted bullets and lost lynches.

Why would you want to revive yourself after being shot if all you were coming back for was to be put in a corner? On what planet there a corner big enough for you :D:D

Well as either alignment I have to tbf, to play in the interest of my team (whichever side) and the game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Were you campaigning for Necro to use the revive? Were you trying hard to convince other people to join the cause? I don't remember seeing these things between 9 and 9.30pm.

My reasoning for not reviving Ted is as follows:

He claimed a prize that had no benefit to the village in Phase 1 and wouldn't reveal the contents.

Choccy pushed him a number of times to reveal his role and he did not.

In those circumstances it was my belief he was a wolf of some description.

Obviously that was wrong but I'm not psychic, I'm working and strapped for time and had to go with my own feelings as not too many were giving their own on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You said a lot of strange things but thats very senisble.

To answer Necros question for him, selfishness. The answer is selfishness

A man after my own heart is Necro.

We havent bickered yet, feels weird

My reasoning for not reviving Ted is as follows:

He claimed a prize that had no benefit to the village in Phase 1 and wouldn't reveal the contents.

Choccy pushed him a number of times to reveal his role and he did not.

In those circumstances it was my belief he was a wolf of some description.

Obviously that was wrong but I'm not psychic, I'm working and strapped for time and had to go with my own feelings as not too many were giving their own on thread.

So you believed he wasn't the nk

So you believed he wasn't the nk

No, he won the prize yesterday and never said boo about it until close to the lynch.

He could have easily been the Night king

• Advertisement

What if the nk is lynched and the revive him? Seems like a handy tool for the nk to have at his disposal, no?

Sorry qb, i had a very personal issue that needed resolving tonight so i wasn't available at the time. I did get this post in. Didn't realise necro needed hand holding.

How would I know he wasn't the Night King based off him winning a prize?

No, he won the prize yesterday and never said boo about it until close to the lynch.

He could have easily been the Night king

Your reason for not reviving him was he had a prize that could be used in phase 2. You literally said it 5 minutes ago

Your reason for not reviving him was he had a prize that could be used in phase 2. You literally said it 5 minutes ago

Yeah, he said that, but gave no details. It was close to lynch.

Would you believe him?

I've a new name for you now though

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Everyone plays the game differently. There is no correct way to play.

Reading back on the thread, he was in the firing line and revealed to try & save himself. Didn't work in the end for him.

Plenty of games have late reveals.

Anyway, is your prize gone now, Necro or can it still potentially be used if you survive the morning.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Everyone plays the game differently. There is no correct way to play.

Reading back on the thread, he was in the firing line and revealed to try & save himself. Didn't work in the end for him.

Plenty of games have late reveals.

Anyway, is your prize gone now, Necro or can it still potentially be used if you survive the morning.

No time limit that I've been informed of. I wish it was gone :(

Yeah, he said that, but gave no details. It was close to lynch.

Would you believe him?

I've a new name for you now though

giphy.gif

My first post was at 9.25 pointing that the revive was a major benefit to the nk. No hindsight in that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

No time limit that I've been informed of. I wish it was gone :(

The joys of WW decisions, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anyhoo, I am off for the night. matchsticks in the eyes will not a good look when in work in the morning.

Yep, I'd have an arbitrary mob out for me had I revived Ted as well.

I'm off too, there's nothing left to discuss tbh. Don't focus on me I guess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

My first post was at 9.25 pointing that the revive was a major benefit to the nk. No hindsight in that.

What if Necro had revived and Ted turned out to be the NK? Wouldn’t Necro have looked silly for reviving our worst enemy? You’d be here saying what a crap move it was.

• Advertisement

Just since you've mentioned that a few times now, it has got my attention and I can't ignore it - That's all well and good once you are not the NK yourself trying to protect this morning's convert or original wight follower (Necro).

Maybe if you were the NK though, you wouldn't be so vocal about 'Meh to killing converts' as it could raise too many suspicions.

I dunno, but I do know that whoever said it earlier (might have been sKeith) is right - Ignoring the converts and trying to get the NK might be grand for now, but could seriously hurt us in end game.

Converts, NK or any original NK follower there might be - I don't mind who once we get one of them. I'm eager to reach the politicking/House allegiances part of the game.

quickbeam wrote: »
    What if Necro had revived and Ted turned out to be the NK? Wouldn’t Necro have looked silly for reviving our worst enemy? You’d be here saying what a crap move it was.

Here's the thing: A character claim is resolveable. A prize claim that doesn't help us in this Phase is not.

Had he claimed Tyrion I'd have revived him.

quickbeam wrote: »

No i wouldn't. It was the best move possible given 4 people voted for ted and worst case we could lynch him the following day. We still save a lynch/bullet that we would otherwise have to use on necro anyway.

And what if necro is the nk? Its very convenient to leave him in a corner isn't it? The only way not reviving ted makes sense is if your saving it for nk imo

FWIW some posters, myself included, agreed he shouldn’t revive Ted, the no reveal was the clincher

Just since you've mentioned that a few times now, it has got my attention and I can't ignore it - That's all well and good once you are not the NK yourself trying to protect this morning's convert or original wight follower (Necro).

Maybe if you were the NK though, you wouldn't be so vocal about 'Meh to killing converts' as it could raise too many suspicions.

I dunno, but I do know that whoever said it earlier (might have been sKeith) is right - Ignoring the converts and trying to get the NK might be grand for now, but could seriously hurt us in end game.

Converts, NK or any original NK follower there might be - I don't mind who once we get one of them. I'm eager to reach the politicking/House allegiances part of the game.

I did write that before I thought of Tandy being able to tell if Necro is converted or not

I stand by my point though, if we’re confident someone is a convert then I say leave them, were only after the NK. Converts are of no use and a wasted lynch is a day closer to the NK winning

And since you mentioned it - even if I was the NK it’s still a solid strategy

I’m not though

And since you mentioned it - even if I was the NK it’s still a solid strategy

I’m not though

Whos your fav to be the nightking?

Right now Im leaning on Fixxxer based on his 902pm post. It seemed Disenguinous to me, esp now that his vote was placed at 835pm. Cant shake it that hes bad since then

duffman13 wrote: »
    Whose demise would you like to see this evening? Who are you? Timestamp Total
    Ted_YNWA tritium 8/19/2019 19:47:49 1
    sKeith 8/19/2019 20:55:42 1
    Necro 8/19/2019 20:58:08 1
    Choc chip 8/19/2019 19:54:02 1
    Ted_YNWA Total 4
    Hello 2D Person Below DublinAndy2 8/19/2019 20:43:40 1
    Tusk 8/19/2019 18:40:39 1
    Ted_YNWA 8/19/2019 20:03:10 1
    Hello 2D Person Below Total 3
    Tusk fixxxer 8/19/2019 20:35:31 1
    Stu Redman 8/19/2019 18:22:12 1
    Tusk Total 2
    Guffy Quickbeam 8/19/2019 16:34:52 1
    Bounty Hunter 8/19/2019 16:41:42 1
    Guffy Total 2
    Bounty Hunter Beakerjoe 8/19/2019 10:31:26 1
    Guffy 8/19/2019 19:05:14 1
    Bounty Hunter Total 2
    sKeith Micksjaguar 8/19/2019 19:25:55 1
    Lord TSC 8/19/2019 19:41:38 1
    sKeith Total 2
    Lord TSC gnr 8/19/2019 14:57:42 1
    Drumpot 8/19/2019 20:35:55 1
    Lord TSC Total 2
    Choc Chip Hello 2D Person Below 8/19/2019 10:32:56 1
    Choc Chip Total 1
    Necro Ladyskunk 8/19/2019 17:30:02 1
    Necro Total 1
    Beakerjoe Ectoplasm 8/19/2019 18:30:37 1
    Beakerjoe Total 1

Necro and skeith with very late votes on Ted there.

Worth noting. The latest of any votes there.

If they did lump on Ted as wolves, who was it to save.... 2D was the other lad close to the chop. Others had 2 votes but didnt seem to be close to being lynched

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whos your fav to be the nightking?

Right now Im leaning on Fixxxer based on his 902pm post. It seemed Disenguinous to me, esp now that his vote was placed at 835pm. Cant shake it that hes bad since then

I’ve no idea. I find the start of games very tough, my radar is usually miles off.
    I FFA’d Lord TSC and BH but that was on feel

• Advertisement

Hell hath no fury like a Lady scorned.

2/3 that voted for me are gone.

Advertisement