Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,392 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

janfebmar wrote: »

Francie probably has plans to brand people before enforcing his relocation plans in the event of a u.i.

Jan gets rumbled...jan starts the lies again.

Predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Give it a rest. He was simply querying the numbers, not calling for genocide.

Why would anyone be questioning the number of unionist posters on here? Quite sinister really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

gwalk wrote: »
    Its

It'll be March,March,March

The unionist calander

Not funny. There are plenty of people who are unionists or who understand the unionist position who do not March.

It's like some Republicans I heard once giving someone in the 26 counties an awful time and bullying them for months by nicknaming them a paisleyite etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

timthumbni wrote: »
    Why would anyone be questioning the number of unionist posters on here? Quite sinister really.

Only to people who wear tin foil hats.

You guys are constantly spotting and naming the shinnerbots...seems some are ashamed of their unionist leanings. Don't be throwing stones, you might break a windy! :)

• Advertisement

Not funny. There are plenty of people who are unionists or who understand the unionist position who do not March.

It's like some Republicans I heard once giving someone in the 26 counties an awful time and bullying them for months by nicknaming them a paisleyite etc.

To be honest J you don't help. You previously referred to the North as the 6th counties. No wonder your unionist friends feel uncomfortable.

You guys are constantly spotting and naming the shinnerbots...

Well in all fairness you are not difficult to spot Francie, even though you do not vote S F or so you claim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

It's not sinister, unless you are paranoid.

Are there many gay/lesbian posters on Boards? Yes, there's a sizeable enough crowd, enough to warrant their own sub.

Are there many farmers on Boards? Yes, again enough to warrant their own sub.

Are there many stoners on Boards? I can think of a quite a few.

Are there many FG supporters? Yup, there's a few.

Are there many Unionists? 3 or 4, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    To be honest J you don't help. You previously referred to the North as the 6th counties. No wonder your unionist friends feel uncomfortable.

I usually refer to it as N Ireland but have no difficulty referring to it as the 6 counties, especially here, same as I usually refer to L'Derry as Derry.

I think people know where I mean anyway. In conversation here in" the south" / the republic / the free state / call it what you want, it would raise eyebrows to refer to Derry as Londonderry for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Well in all fairness you are not difficult to spot Francie, even though you do not vote S F or so you claim ;)

Christ, you'd hate to see some of the lads around here if you think Francie is a full blown Shinner.

• Advertisement

I have yet to meet a SFer who isn't proud to be a SFer...unlike some of the unionist persuasion who think more of their windy's allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Are there many gay/lesbian posters on Boards? Yes, there's a sizeable enough crowd, enough to warrant their own sub.

Plenty GAA heads too. Let’s hope tim doesn’t find that thread with any Derry lads. That sectarian hatred won’t be kept in check.

And has there been any questions regarding how many farmers there are on boards? No would be the answer. Asking how many unionists are on boards is about as welcome as Liam Adams at a baby sitting conference.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Slippery slope next it will be the fourth green field!

And has there been any questions regarding how many farmers there are on boards? No would be the answer. Asking how many unionists are on boards is about as welcome as Liam Adams at a baby sitting conference.

Actually Tim whether you believe it or not I was doing you a favour. You may not be able to see it but there's posters having a laugh at the expense of your community. One minute pretending to be a nationalist voter then another pretending to be unionist. I think it's unfair for a poster to pretend to represent your community while openly taunting you (26 + 6 counties) ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Just sitting watching documentary on the work of the ira this day 40 years ago.
    Such slaughter All ambushed by cowards.
    I will confess it makes me a wee bit angry that these deaths haven’t had £100m enquiries followed by prosecutions of J118 etc for their involvement.
    20 something dead. Including men, women, and children. Why is Bloody Sunday more important than this.
    The murderers were able to hang around after the attack to attack the back up because they were in roi. And we talk about collusion etc. They couldn’t have waited if they were in the uk. What does that say.
    ... and people can attack the memorial regularly and rip up the poppy wreaths etc and very little said about it. Yet a 3 inch wing on a slieve and everyone is jumping up and down.
    It is time those involved in BS showed some compassion for equality of treatment of others murdered

. No wonder your unionist friends feel uncomfortable.

My unionist friends would not feel uncomfortable with what I may call a place sometimes. They know me better that that. It is a fact there are 6 counties in n Ireland, and if you look back you will see I usually call it N Ireland.

downcow wrote: »
    I will confess it makes me a wee bit angry that these deaths haven’t had £100m enquiries followed by prosecutions of J118 etc for their involvement.
    20 something dead. Including men, women, and children. Why is Bloody Sunday more important than this.
    The murderers were able to hang around after the attack to attack the back up because they were in roi. And we talk about collusion etc. They couldn’t have waited if they were in the uk. What does that say.
    ... and people can attack the memorial regularly and rip up the poppy wreaths etc and very little said about it. Yet a 3 inch wing on a slieve and everyone is jumping up and down.
    It is time those involved in BS showed some compassion for equality of treatment of others murdered

Bloody Sunday would be more or less forgotten had it not been for cover-up and whitewash and running away from responsibility.
    The conflict/war would probably have been over too had the responsible government done what it eventually did/was forced to do 40 years later and over 3000 deaths and untold suffering later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

Its one thing having your own langauge but the spelling cracks me up. I can't think of any other language in the world that use the English alphabet but that i could make no attempt of verbalising.
    Is there a reason theres no logic to it? Did you just throw a scrabble set in the air and make words out of how they landed?
    eg
    tiocfaidh - lets call that chucky
    siobhan - lets call that chevon and we'll say its a girls name
    We have a pile oh Hs to use up - what about Meadhbh, and we'll call it mave

I would love some of the stuff the guys were on when they made up those words lol

Meh. That routine was funnier when Lee Mack did it. 1/10 for effort.

• Advertisement

My unionist friends would not feel uncomfortable with what I may call a place sometimes. They know me better that that. It is a fact there are 6 counties in n Ireland, and if you look back you will see I usually call it N Ireland.

Your explaining too hard janfebmar, you know what that means...stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,042 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The only people in NI who are trying to murder in the most part nowadays are violent Irish republicans. That is a fact.

And then they will try to blame the brits..

So just ignore the catholic beaten to a pulp by 4 loyalists after the 12th

Also ignore the loyalist feud but yes it is only republicans doing crime and killing people

It's a Monday night and you're watching a documentary about bombings?

So you're telling me you call it the 6 counties in front of your unionist friends. Do they slash your tires as a result?

So just ignore the catholic beaten to a pulp by 4 loyalists after the 12th

Also ignore the loyalist feud but yes it is only republicans doing crime and killing people

156 dead since the GFA and Tim wants to exploit one of them to get at 'Derry'. Sick.

Actually Tim whether you believe it or not I was doing you a favour. You may not be able to see it but there's posters having a laugh at the expense of your community. One minute pretending to be a nationalist voter then another pretending to be unionist. I think it's unfair for a poster to pretend to represent your community while openly taunting you (26 + 6 counties) ect.

I know that certain posters laugh at the death of unionists. They certainly wouldn’t to peoples faces. But that’s Irish republicans for you.

Ira so called safe house. Imagine that. Nonce city.

So you're telling me you call it the 6 counties in front of your unionist friends. Do they slash your tires as a result?

No, actually I would probably call it Northern Ireland when in Unionist company, and I have called it N Ireland most of the time on boards.ie too I bet.

I know that certain posters laugh at the death of unionists. They certainly wouldn’t to peoples faces. But that’s Irish republicans for you.

Ira so called safe house. Imagine that. Nonce city.

How in the name of wine o clock is what you have said linked to anything I have said Tim. Are you OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

It's a Monday night and you're watching a documentary about bombings?

My 26 year old daughter had it on when I came in
    BBC 1
    I’ll tell you truth. It takes me back and makes me angry. I guess the secret is to be able to transfer my anger and hurt watching this to empathy for the other side murdered. Not easy but.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

But I don't think anybody has ever suggested that Bloody Sunday was more important, or a worse act, or more barbaric. The difference is that there was nothing stopping the authorities fully investigating those crimes and bringing those involved to account. Bloody Sunday on the other hand, though you probably won't accept this, was essentially State sanctioned murder (or at the least State covered up.). Would you not accept that's why Bloody Sunday took on such significance ?

Advertisement