Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

If I get converted I will be evil, until that happens I’m not.

So, if you were evil to begin with, none of this would make sense.
    Is that what you are saying?

If you were evil to begin with, you would not have been allowed to use the prize?

I can't trust you.

If you were being truthful, it would be a lot easier to make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The fact it was "over nothing" though would make me think it wasn't to deflect any attacks on himself. He wasn't under that much scrutiny, and I don't know if a baddy is going to throw a "lynch me" meltdown so quick tbh.

Thats also fair. I was just thinking aloud based on previous meltdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If I get converted I will be evil, until that happens I’m not.

TBF that’s how I read what you wrote. I can do that at times. (Write a post leaving a caveat that I could be of course bad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

sKeith wrote: »

If you were evil to begin with, you would not have been allowed to use the prize?

I can't trust you.

One of us is being intentionally or unintentionally stupid here. If it’s me I apologise but I think you’re trying to read into things to much. If you don’t trust me fine, it means little to me. You was the one first on my ffa yesterday that I mentioned before I moved away from you. So maybe this is a great plan f yours. Maybe I’m the slow one in this conversation.

Let’s agree not to trust each other as your questions are melting my head now.

Drumpot wrote: »
    TBF that’s how I read what you wrote. I can do that at times. (Write a post leaving a caveat that I could be of course bad)

You are always the creator of your own downfall Drum.

Ive missed playing with you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm going back to this because I still find that Skunk is acting strange this game.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Not for a very long time though, I would play it exactly how I would as a villager because I’d feel I had more to lose if I was on a small team. I’m not stressing myself out trying to get on and post because I’m more disposable when there’s so many villagers.

We’re on day1, I’m working. If any of you are going to meta then meta the fact that you all know well enough I have days where I’m not around much due to work.

Bottom part is fair, and I'm taking that into account in my read. I don't know how you'd play on a small team so I don't put any stock into your WIFOM about it.
    Why are you so interested in this? It’s the second time you’ve asked me about it.

Why am I not allowed have theories? I explained myself already earlier on as to my thinking on this.

To be honest Necro you’re being far too aggressive(not angry, cant think of better word) on your stance with me and if you’re going to do it then I’m going to be meta with you and suspect you have an ulterior motive here on questioning me so much and asking other people what they think of me.

Again, and I responded to this but she ignored me, I genuinely don't think I'm being aggressive.

Your original point was that because people haven't revealed prizes they automatically went to evil people.

I gave you a list of who the likely prize winners were and you haven't responded to that yet.

So you think that’s going to happen now? Except I’ll be a villager and then you guys will feel really foolish for being meta :rolleyes:

I’m voting for Necro, I’ll be back on later in the evening. Be sure to pile on me in my absence, I do enjoy that too :)

And finally... your initial point is about the Night King/his minion winning prizes.

You are aware that I've openly stated on thread I won a prize in the joust today, yet you still want to vote me.

So I'm not going to doubt this read of mine because you start calling me aggressive when all I'm doing is trying to engage with you about your thought process.

Vote in for LadySkunk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sKeith wrote: »

I can't trust you.

He's revealed he has a power that lets me see if someone was converted.

And you're trying to discredit him by playing a weird game of semantics?

One of us is being intentionally or unintentionally stupid here. If it’s me I apologise but I think you’re trying to read into things to much. If you don’t trust me fine, it means little to me. You was the one first on my ffa yesterday that I mentioned before I moved away from you. So maybe this is a great plan f yours. Maybe I’m the slow one in this conversation.

Let’s agree not to trust each other as your questions are melting my head now.

Sure,

Your interpretation of my reaction is you playing the game.

I think I like you better when i don't trust you.

It's just better that way.

I might learn to trust you, but for now, i concur.

Necro wrote: »
    I'm going back to this because I still find that Skunk is acting strange this game.

Bottom part is fair, and I'm taking that into account in my read. I don't know how you'd play on a small team so I don't put any stock into your WIFOM about it.

Again, and I responded to this but she ignored me, I genuinely don't think I'm being aggressive.

Your original point was that because people haven't revealed prizes they automatically went to evil people.

I gave you a list of who the likely prize winners were and you haven't responded to that yet.

And finally... your initial point is about the Night King/his minion winning prizes.

You are aware that I've openly stated on thread I won a prize in the joust today, yet you still want to vote me.

So I'm not going to doubt this read of mine because you start calling me aggressive when all I'm doing is trying to engage with you about your thought process.

Vote in for LadySkunk.

To be fair, just because you revealed a prize win doenst mean you've to be trusted.

However, I'm believing Andy more and more and by proxy you.

Still both could be evil. Im awful at reading on day 1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He's revealed he has a power that lets me see if someone was converted.

And you're trying to discredit him by playing a weird game of semantics?

We have history, were you around and have you the post from ~9pm to 11pm yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

#ffa1

Ted_YNWA: My guess for the NK’s aid (caster?) - calling the NK she seems like a slip. If it is then we have maybe something to go on to find the NK

The NK: Dunno, Guffy is my FFA but tbh it feels unlikely they’d be so blatant

The convert: I’m going to say Skeith here purely because he’s been taking a lead role and that’s what I’d do but tbh its not easy to say

I think Ted is my vote tonight tbh. I don’t think he’s the NK but he’s my current best shout for an information lynch

Awww you know I do enjoy when I’m not around for the start of a game and everyone thinks I’m dodge for not posting loads :pac:

Granted I haven’t been around much and just popping in and out but I’d just like to point out that you meta gaming me on being bad the last time doesn’t make a lot of sense as I was a high poster the last game and I’m playing completely differently this game. That’s not tactical and as bad as it is to say I would make a lot more of an effort to get on, grab the laptop and do some digging :P

But alas when I got home last night I died in bed and won’t be of much use until this evening either.

Lady, this isn’t enough to vote for you on but its wolfy as hell nonetheless

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just for context, Skunky never really answered me either in case people think I'm badgering her, below is the full conversation:
    I would assume the third prize went to NK or his right hand? Could also be a villager not wanting to reveal in case they get converted though. Could be a long game prize like the other one?

So she basically covers her bases here with every angle.
    Why assume that?

That would basically make one of

Ecto
    GnR
    2D Person
    or
    Ted

the Night King or his right hand man

I respond to her first point of assumption with the names of those highest in the meme comp.
    Because nobody claimed the third prize as far as I’m aware? And that’s normally why it’s not claimed because baddie got it or in this case villager who didn’t want to get converted.

Why those people??

Nobody claimed the second prize either. One caveat here is I think she'd be better informed if in a backroom. But this thing of not reading the thread is irking me.
    Because they all had 7 thanks on their memes, Dandy had 8

My response again
    That’s a very good point actually! So that list of people has a Targaryen and possibly NK/Right Hand or another two house members who don’t want to reveal their house.

Would it not be better to reveal your house and help us narrow down whether the NK was on that list or not? Now I don’t fully understand phase 2 of the game so that could be wrong to think like that but just my view on it.

Could NK and Right Hand win two prizes? That would make Andy a baddie though but not outside the realm of possibility. Claims prize that an event needs to happen for it to be of use which gives more time. Willing to put on back burner for time being to see how the prize pans out.

Then she completely ignores me and goes off to discuss it with BH. The middle part is interesting. A sceptical mind would consider this fishing for roles.

Bottom part is another of those questions she'd know if reading the thread, I responded to this as well and yet again no response.

Le sigh.

tritium wrote: »
    #ffa1

Ted_YNWA: My guess for the NK’s aid (caster?) - calling the NK she seems like a slip. If it is then we have maybe something to go on to find the NK

The convert: I’m going to say Skeith here purely because he’s been taking a lead role and that’s what I’d do but tbh its not easy to say

I think Ted is my vote tonight tbh. I don’t think he’s the NK but he’s my current best shout for an information lynch

I could get onboard a Ted lynch.

What would people say to flipping him if there was a way to correct our course if we were wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

What would people say to flipping him if there was a way to correct our course if we were wrong?

He's my number two so I'm ok with it in theory. I don't get what you mean by a way to correct our course though.

I am happy going with the majority if needed. Tomorrow I will have to be lynched as the assumption has to be I will be targeted now so tonight’s vote is important as I have to be lynched tomorrow

Personal reads aside, there's two liars in that group of 4

Ectoplasm
    Green&Red
    Ted
    2D Person.

I'd be ok with lynching one of those for info tonight tbh

I am happy going with the majority if needed. Tomorrow I will have to be lynched as the assumption has to be I will be targeted now so tonight’s vote is important as I have to be lynched tomorrow

I need to be sold on Ted more to vote for him. Little cuddly fella

Personal reads aside, there's two liars in that group of 4

Ectoplasm
    Green&Red
    Ted
    2D Person.

I'd be ok with lynching one of those for info tonight tbh

Green and red wasn’t converted.

2d I would think May be the dragon queen given his weird statement about fire earlier and the dragon prize yesterday

Choc Chip wrote: »
    He's my number two so I'm ok with it in theory. I don't get what you mean by a way to correct our course though.

I mean if you think I'm good just trust me till tomorrow. After that we reset again and we can probably do our usual hokey cokey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?

I'm still wondering if this has any significance, or if it is just snow & winter connections with the song.
    There is an empty place within me where my heart once was.

This is a quote from it. Anyone of the fans here know who said it & to whom.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm still wondering if this has any significance, or if it is just snow & winter connections with the song.

This is a quote from it. Anyone of the fans here know who said it & to whom.

Folk song

Green and red wasn’t converted.

2d I would think May be the dragon queen given his weird statement about fire earlier and the dragon prize yesterday

2D isn't the dragon queen unless the person who claimed it is lying.

I must have missed that claim then.

I moved to ted for you for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You are always the creator of your own downfall Drum.

Ive missed playing with you

I’ve missed you amigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

could be the makings of a plan there, can you elaborate at this point?

I mean if you think I'm good just trust me till tomorrow. After that we reset again and we can probably do our usual hokey cokey :)

Well I like the sound of that cos I'll actually be around tomorrow... does that indicate that you're good too, cos if ted is good and you reset, you're likely good as you are restoring a villager? And if he's bad you suggested the lynch so are u likely on a team with him?. Hmmm.

*unlikely on a team

I'd be onboard with 2d winning a prize as villager, taking a hero shot and thisviewpost.gif
    There is an empty place within me where my heart once was.
    being his whoops.

could be the makings of a plan there, can you elaborate at this point?

Well let's say someone, let's call him Minus 6 had a prize that could bring someone back from any death outside of a munch, as long as he orders it within 30 mins of their death.

Would that seem like a good idea?

There are caveats though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

#ffa1

I totally get where the heat is coming in my direction, I would be doing the same on the other side of this. But I can honestly say it was a innocent slip. I will flip green.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I need to be sold on Ted more to vote for him. Little cuddly fella

I don't know whether to be thankful or scared at this semi-character reference.

Folk song

Oh, I know the song alright. Just wondering was there any reason some of it's lyrics were posted.

Advertisement