Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    So you don't think it's weird she keeps asking questions that if she read the thread the answers are readily available?

Once or twice grand but it's like her only contribution bar the stuff on Dandy which is easy enough to latch onto if you're a wolf trying to find someone to FFA

Lemme reread with this hat on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Do me a favour and ISO Skunk's posts (There's only 14, so not a big number)

I'm interested in the impression you get from her so far.

Awww you know I do enjoy when I’m not around for the start of a game and everyone thinks I’m dodge for not posting loads :pac:

Granted I haven’t been around much and just popping in and out but I’d just like to point out that you meta gaming me on being bad the last time doesn’t make a lot of sense as I was a high poster the last game and I’m playing completely differently this game. That’s not tactical and as bad as it is to say I would make a lot more of an effort to get on, grab the laptop and do some digging :P

But alas when I got home last night I died in bed and won’t be of much use until this evening either.

So you don't think it's weird she keeps asking questions that if she read the thread the answers are readily available?

Once or twice grand but it's like her only contribution bar the stuff on Dandy which is easy enough to latch onto if you're a wolf trying to find someone to FFA

Necro you know I’m right here and you can ask me those questions yourself? Or you probably have and I missed it. As I said I haven’t been on to read everything so I got involved with what was happening live when I was on

Yeah I guess, there's something that doesn't seem like her usual self (#meta). But what she's posted I'm not getting a feel of loads of questions tbh. She's asking questions that seem appropriate.

Though her post about who she'd pick as nk is an interesting one to read back...

If she was NK, who would she pick realistically. Me? You? Dandy?

Could there be a Skunk Dandy partnership and the outrage was staged? Maybe. I don't know, but to be honest I'm not getting anything there that would put her on my FFA that nobody wants.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Necro you know I’m right here and you can ask me those questions yourself? Or you probably have and I missed it. As I said I haven’t been on to read everything so I got involved with what was happening live when I was on

Well your theory on the Night King/his minion winning a prize, why do you think that specifically?

Is it because they haven't outed on thread yet or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Awww you know I do enjoy when I’m not around for the start of a game and everyone thinks I’m dodge for not posting loads :pac:

Granted I haven’t been around much and just popping in and out but I’d just like to point out that you meta gaming me on being bad the last time doesn’t make a lot of sense as I was a high poster the last game and I’m playing completely differently this game. That’s not tactical and as bad as it is to say I would make a lot more of an effort to get on, grab the laptop and do some digging :P

But alas when I got home last night I died in bed and won’t be of much use until this evening either.

But, you were caught the last time, so you have to re-adjust your evil play-style somewhat and try something else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote: »
    Yeah I guess, there's something that doesn't seem like her usual self (#meta). But what she's posted I'm not getting a feel of loads of questions tbh. She's asking questions that seem appropriate.

Though her post about who she'd pick as nk is an interesting one to read back...

Could there be a Skunk Dandy partnership and the outrage was staged? Maybe. I don't know, but to be honest I'm not getting anything there that would put her on my FFA that nobody wants.

She'd probably pick someone she'd enjoy playing with, my thoughts lie with fixxxer at the moment actually.

Me playing differently is completely meta thinking.

The Andy thing was completely nothing to do with the game and if it were faux outrage there wouldn’t have been a mod warning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?

Only Our Rivers Run Free - Christy Moore.

:confused:

She'd probably pick someone she'd enjoy playing with, my thoughts lie with fixxxer at the moment actually.

sorry you're right. i actually meant to mention fixxxer too.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    But, you were caught the last time, so you have to re-adjust your evil play-style somewhat and try something else.

good point. what game are we talking about here?

I'm not getting into the stuff between Skunk and Dandy, mods have dealt with that already so I ain't using that as part of my thoughts

good point. what game are we talking about here?

Batman

Me playing differently is completely meta thinking.

The Andy thing was completely nothing to do with the game and if it were faux outrage there wouldn’t have been a mod warning

Fair. I did say meta in my post.

Also fair on the other stuff, I wouldn't expect a faux reaction like that. Although me thinking that could also be seen as meta :P

On the case of batman... I didn't peg harley at all until it was super obvious, so I guess none of my analysis should be worried about :pac:

Not much to iso. Plus sk did one yesterday. I basically only started playing now.

I've just started page seven and I'm losing the will to live, so I'm not going to bother catching up anymore.

I'm just gonna play from now.
    What don't you get? That i don't want to spend another 2+ hours reading a bunch of garbage?

The first seven pages were pure muck and it took me nearly an hour. I don't have that kind of energy in me tbh.

Don't lynch me because I'm good. Try to find the bloody NK hahaha. what are you on SK

If you think page 17/18 is important to read then thank you for the headsup. I will go back and read that. If there's anything else people think worthy of reading then i'm open to suggestions, but i'm not reading the whole bloody thing, simples.

I understand that feeling, I truly do. I spent hours between yesterday and today catching up. All the while, the thread gets bigger and the anxiety about being awol or what you're missing out 'right now' grows.

However, reading and/or catching up, that's the game. If a player is bogged down by real life or something and hasn't the time, fine, but just not bothering to 'read that garbage' seems to me to be a bit pointless in terms of playing the game. Also it isn't the most helpful to the village either.

Even if someone TVDRs the day's events for you or offers their take, how do you know that you can trust their take on things? Even if they are not intentionally misleading you, you might have a different opinion with your own reading than they do. Otherwise, you are essentially just going with someone else's opinion.

What if you are a member of a House, and one of your fellow House members tried to wave a flag in one of their posts to their fellow Starks/Lannisters/Targs/Brothers? By choosing not to read a multitude of posts, you would miss any such sign.

I know I'm not exactly Gill Grissom myself here in this game yet, but I find that it's the reading of all posts that gets me hooked into a game just as much as the headlines/kills do. If I am lagging behind and have to catch-up on a bunch of posts, it's tough, but so be it.

There is a point to all this - Wolves don't really need to read the game thread in order to survive or prosper. They generally go along easily with the opinion of others especially early on in game where it is easier to blend. I'm slightly suspicious of you Tusk.

Not for a very long time though, I would play it exactly how I would as a villager because I’d feel I had more to lose if I was on a small team. I’m not stressing myself out trying to get on and post because I’m more disposable when there’s so many villagers.

We’re on day1, I’m working. If any of you are going to meta then meta the fact that you all know well enough I have days where I’m not around much due to work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Back in for the evening now.
    #2 lord_tsc I can't shake the feeling from yesterday, that he is roled. and only role in game is evil roled. I didn't thank either of lord_tscs or quickbeams posts for the reason I suspected them as evil, but quickbeam has convinced me that i was wrong on her, lord_tsc has not.

I'm not really sure how to respond to that, tbh. Goes without saying I don't have a role, and my belief would be that the NK would be keeping his head down on Day 0. If there's anything that's made you think I'm rolled, I'll try to explain, obviously, but I'm not sure what I could have done that led you down such a path.

Anyway, at the moment, I find I've got a longer list of people I kind of trust, a list of people who are just super generic in what I feel, and only one strong worry so far.

Drumpot, I accused yesterday, and was interested by the lack of response. My main concern was that yesterday, he made this post...

Drumpot wrote: »
    Guys I’m out for the day so might not be back until later tonight.

Its Day0, so by and large, I thought it weird he felt the need to explain his absence. I've been told before that when I'm bad, I have a habit of over explaining my absences. "Look everyone, there's a reason I'm not participating!" On Day 0, it's mostly fluff and working over the OP anyway. No one notices quiet people massively. So it stood out a bit that he went out of his way to make an excuse to be absent.

After that, as I said, I have a trust list. I have Keith (like his ISOs), Trit (I do believe the NK team would have wanted to win a prize), Necro and QB (who drew attention to each other a bit yesterday and I don't know would wolves have done that).

There's a few people who I've no read on yet by way of the fact I've not much experience with them in games. Like, I can usually get vibes off Necro, who gets quite aggressive if you accuse him of being bad when he is bad. But I really have no clue what to expect from the likes of Skunk or Choc Chip.

I do worry Stu is usually a wordy MFer though so am curious bout his lack of essays :pac:

I understand that feeling, I truly do. I spent hours between yesterday and today catching up. All the while, the thread gets bigger and the anxiety about being awol or what you're missing out 'right now' grows.

However, reading and/or catching up, that's the game. If a player is bogged down by real life or something and hasn't the time, fine, but just not bothering to 'read that garbage' seems to me to be a bit pointless in terms of playing the game. Also it isn't the most helpful to the village either.

Even if someone TVDRs the day's events for you or offers their take, how do you know that you can trust their take on things? Even if they are not intentionally misleading you, you might have a different opinion with your own reading than they do. Otherwise, you are essentially just going with someone else's opinion.

What if you are a member of a House, and one of your fellow House members tried to wave a flag in one of their posts to their fellow Starks/Lannisters/Targs/Brothers? By choosing not to read a multitude of posts, you would miss any such sign.

I know I'm not exactly Gill Grissom myself here in this game yet, but I find that it's the reading of all posts that gets me hooked into a game just as much as the headlines/kills do. If I am lagging behind and have to catch-up on a bunch of posts, it's tough, but so be it.

There is a point to all this - Wolves don't really need to read the game thread in order to survive or prosper. They generally go along easily with the opinion of others especially early on in game where it is easier to blend. I'm slightly suspicious of you Tusk.

Be suspicious all you want. You'd be mistaken. I've clearly stated why i'm not reading back.

I agree that reading is the game, but i'm not going back to read 1000+ posts after what i read in the first 7 pages was basically nothing and there's another 20 of them. If you want to lynch me go ahead, cos i'm getting tired of this already.

NK. if you're out there convert me so i can kill some of these a-holes

I didn't actually read your whole post but just noticed the house bit there.

I don't care about houses right now. Like i've said there is only 1 objective for our village right now, and anyone using the time to do other things is more detrimental to the village than me not being fully caught up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And as I say that, Stu posts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

FFA#1

- Bounty Hunter
    - Lord TSC
    - Necro (Convert)

My vote is currently on one of the top two, I've given my reasons for not targetting the convert, I know someone has FFA'd me because of that strategy but I've explained my thinking and I feel its solid. I recognise not everyone will agree with it as a strategy but ....

*shrug emoji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

On the case of batman... I didn't peg harley at all until it was super obvious, so I guess none of my analysis should be worried about :pac:

She was pegged early due to her first post and a lynch mob was fully formed on her but somehow she dissolved the whole lynch mob away from herself before the lynch happened.

Well your theory on the Night King/his minion winning a prize, why do you think that specifically?

Is it because they haven't outed on thread yet or something else?

Why are you so interested in this? It’s the second time you’ve asked me about it.

Why am I not allowed have theories? I explained myself already earlier on as to my thinking on this.

To be honest Necro you’re being far too aggressive(not angry, cant think of better word) on your stance with me and if you’re going to do it then I’m going to be meta with you and suspect you have an ulterior motive here on questioning me so much and asking other people what they think of me.

She was pegged early due to her first post and a lynch mob was fully formed on her but somehow she dissolved the whole lynch mob away from herself before the lynch happened.

Yeah i was fairly slow to get involved in batman too so i kinda missed that bit. but then throughout the rest of the game I saw nothing on her that made her harley for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A wolf that was TWTBAW :)

Why are you so interested in this? It’s the second time you’ve asked me about it.

Why am I not allowed have theories? I explained myself already earlier on as to my thinking on this.

To be honest Necro you’re being far too aggressive(not angry, cant think of better word) on your stance with me and if you’re going to do it then I’m going to be meta with you and suspect you have an ulterior motive here on questioning me so much and asking other people what they think of me.

I've the same feeling here. Your arguement is flimsy for me and I can't see where the suspicion has come from.

However, like i've said. I can't read skunk.

Well if you think I'm being aggressive then I apologise, but I'm literally following up on what I felt was an unsatisfactory answer.

My only motive is to find evil peoples of which I believe you are one at the moment.

So you think that’s going to happen now? Except I’ll be a villager and then you guys will feel really foolish for being meta :rolleyes:

I’m voting for Necro, I’ll be back on later in the evening. Be sure to pile on me in my absence, I do enjoy that too :)

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    FFA#1

- Bounty Hunter
    - Lord TSC
    - Necro (Convert)

My vote is currently on one of the top two, I've given my reasons for not targetting the convert, I know someone has FFA'd me because of that strategy but I've explained my thinking and I feel its solid. I recognise not everyone will agree with it as a strategy but ....

*shrug emoji

Why me for the convert? Curious is all.

Advertisement