Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is the NK all on her lonesome on D1 and coversions kick in after that.

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this & make sure my dinner isn't being cremated at the same time.

Dinner at 12.30? Who are you D’unbelievables?

Also - “her”??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

A raven from the Iron Bank has been received and the maesters will inform you of its contents at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

quickbeam wrote: »
    Very strange answer to a very strange original post there Guffs.

Ok,

Or your really trying to make something stick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    A raven from the Iron Bank has been received and the maesters will inform you of its contents at 1pm

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yes, that's right, the maesters are into the auld divination now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this & make sure my dinner isn't being cremated at the same time.

I mentioned this in my post too. Everyone seems to be assuming he is but the OP does say Nightking and his army and that he can recruit to that army which may suggest he has pals already.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Guffy wrote: »
    Ok,

Or your really trying to make something stick

Just trying to work things out.

This raven thing makes me think I shouldn't wait until 2pm. But it's fun playing not knowing my role yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Her?
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Dinner at 12.30? Who are you D’unbelievables?

Also - “her”??

Typo, misread OP.

Also been up & about since 7. Have a casserole simmering here for later. Not having it just yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I mentioned this in my post too. Everyone seems to be assuming he is but the OP does say Nightking and his army and that he can recruit to that army which may suggest he has pals already.

Certainly possible he has a couple of wights already. Hence, presumption :)

Meh, dinner at 12.30 isn't that weird. I had lunch at 8.30am so *shrugs*

• Advertisement

The Nightking & the Army of the Dead. The Nightking will be able to recruit people to his army of the dead. Anyone chosen to be recruited with be converted into a White Walker and help the Nightking reach his goal of destroying all life in Westeros.

Sounds alone to me. Unless first convert got to be chosen pre-game or something. Which I guess is a possibility. Alpha Wolves have got to chose their team pre-game before. But at most I'd say two on team NK right now.

Necro wrote: »
    Certainly possible he has a couple of wights already. Hence, presumption :)

Assume nothing!

Sounds alone to me. Unless first convert got to be chosen pre-game or something. Which I guess is a possibility. Alpha Wolves have got to chose their team pre-game before. But at most I'd say two on team NK right now.

Maybe we'll learn more at 1pm :D

I agree with this though I'd lean to the side of NK being alone at the moment. But not ruling out the possibility of them having team-mates at the start

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Assume nothing!

Gotta start somewhere I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

That is the current presumption, yeah

I would think they get a convert before day 1, like the usual n0 munch.

That also led to my belief that all the converts die if NK dies, as otherwise there is never enough lynches to kill off dead army.
    without relying on extra kills.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd rather presume there's at least two baddies right now and overestimate them. At a guess, the NK and a Day 0 conversion?

If I'm wrong, at least the foe is weaker than previously thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

9 pages and the IP to catch up on already

Thanks a bunch lads!

Just trying to work things out.

This raven thing makes me think I shouldn't wait until 2pm. But it's fun playing not knowing my role yet.

Shouldn't wait for what, what's at 2pm? Sorry i couldn't see it in op

fixxxer wrote: »
    9 pages and the IP to catch up on already

Thanks a bunch lads!

Change your posts per page for chrissakes man! I've only got 3

sKeith wrote: »
    That also led to my belief that all the converts die if NK dies, as otherwise there is never enough lynches to kill off dead army.

That's also why I think no more converts after NK is dead, we'd never kill them fast enough if they keep recruiting. Too powerful for the NK.

OtoH having them all die once the NK dies seems too powerful for the village.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't wait for what, what's at 2pm? Sorry i couldn't see it in op

Oh, my own private game. I've not checked my PM yet. Said I'd do it at 2pm.

That's also why I think no more converts after NK is dead, we'd never kill them fast enough if they keep recruiting. Too powerful for the NK.

OtoH having them all die once the NK dies seems too powerful for the village.

Its in line with the show though, it would make sense for them to die with the nk as if it didn't the second part of the game might never come into play.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd rather presume there's at least two baddies right now and overestimate them. At a guess, the NK and a Day 0 conversion?

Why do you assume a day0 conversion?

sKeith wrote: »
    I would think they get a convert before day 1, like the usual n0 munch.

I know I shouldn't but I was presuming Ted was referring to today, right now as day 1.

It's not technically correct but I didn't want to get bogged down in technicalities.

I'd agree it's likely a convert tomorrow before day 1 begins.

Its in line with the show though, it would make sense for them to die with the nk as if it didn't the second part of the game might never come into play.

I didn't watch the show. I'll take your word for it.

Not ruling it out. I just think it's unlikely. Open to being wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Okay I’ve just caught up on my lunch.

Holy moly that OP is something to work through alright! :pac:

I would assume that the nightking is not alone. He had the main group of whitewalkers with him in the show before we saw him resurrecting people and that. Maybe one of them will become NK if he gets killed off too early?

I know he gets a convert each day but it would seem like an odd choice to have him alone starting off in case he gets dead straight away.

Oh, my own private game. I've not checked my PM yet. Said I'd do it at 2pm.

Hmm, that does seem a bit odd.

So do we disregard everything you say between now and then? Your conveniently able to say that anything that points to you being evil before then doesn't count cause you haven't read your role? Why 2pm?

Change your posts per page for chrissakes man! I've only got 3

Masochists gonna maso :)

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Okay I’ve just caught up on my lunch.

Holy moly that OP is something to work through alright! :pac:

I would assume that the nightking is not alone. He had the main group of whitewalkers with him in the show before we saw him resurrecting people and that. Maybe one of them will become NK if he gets killed off too early?

I know he gets a convert each day but it would seem like an odd choice to have him alone starting off in case he gets dead straight away.

How would he die though before the lynch tomorrow night, by which time his team will be +1 (assuming we're correct)

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

That was my logic too. Not necessarily a day 0 conversion but that the game might start with the NK having some members of his army.

As to continuing conversions, I can't see that happening as it would make village win impossible really. I don't know if the converts die either though. Is it possible they revert back to their original role if NK dies for faction purposes?

Advertisement