Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Would actually presume not.

Once NK is killed no more conversions could happen, but anyone previously converted will play on as team Zombie with the aim of winning for the NK.

Yeah but
    The Nightking & the Army of the Dead. The Nightking will be able to recruit people to his army of the dead. Anyone chosen to be recruited with be converted into a White Walker and help the Nightking reach his goal of destroying all life in Westeros.

How do they destroy all life if they can't convert? It doesn't say they have a kill... I mean it would make sense I guess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I am going to park who can make alliances for a while and not just because of the Night King being alive.
    Other factions / characters may exist in this game

obviously the word may is in there but the potential for more factions is interesting. That said can't imagine them trying to fix GOTs by having the Tyrells or Dorne win out in the end :pac:

Maybe the Iron Born will make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Green&Red wrote: »
    Why do you say this?

Once you said it I went back and read their OP bit, I had missed the bit about them and the Lannisters

Even in this deeply divided land there are men who swear no allegiance to any King or Queen, The Brotherhood without Banners a group of outlaws, who eschew loyalties to one house or another and actively work against Lannister interests throughout the Kingdom. Beric Dondarian, and the man who raised him from the dead Thoros of Myr are joined by Sandor Clegane, The Hound, younger brother of Queen Cersei's bodyguard The Mountain. There is no love lost between Sandor and his older brother, in fact there are many scores to settle.

So it appears that the three houses are not equal or at least do not have an equal run at the game. It'll be interesting to see how this bit plays out, could be a side-show we could do without in trying to get the NK.

But back to my original question? Why do you want to weed out the Brotherhood? Is this a claim to be house Lannister?

Still trying to get my head around this but as far as I can tell the NK would do well if the village was convinced he was part of a team/group. We aren’t going to lynch anybody who is not on the NK team (at least I don’t think we will)... Just saying, is there any downside to anybody on any team “accidently “ hinting their alliegance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

We need a nugget to help us on our way. The nk must be loving this confusion at the moment.

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah but

How do they destroy all life if they can't convert? It doesn't say they have a kill... I mean it would make sense I guess

Unless cersai or somebody else gets to kill at morning aswell? Maybe she gets to munch people while looking for brotherhood?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think the best thing to do (for now) is to ignore the faction stuff and try to focus on the NK.

I'd like an answer from Guffy though as to why we need to kill the Brotherhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

if we kill the night king, will all the zombies die?

if thats the case, then we only need to kill one person.

if we lynch the night king tomorrow, village wins, or goes into this weird shuffle thing,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yeah but

Yes but it says help the NK, it doesn't say they'll do it without him, I can see a scenario where we get the NK and they all die. Otherwise I think it might be too hard to kill the NK team if they were all essentially the NK.

Its basically an SK who recruits and wins once they reach parity, if they could keep recruiting after the NK died it would be too easy IMO

Wonder if there's hidden smaller houses then, and they can merge with 1 large house and any number of smaller houses. Plenty of houses in GoT to chose from.

Yeah I was wondering the same.

kinda what I am thinking,

someone could be this badass and represent house Mormont while pledgeing allegiance to house stark for example
    tumblr_o97bdokH3O1u27qi6o1_250.gif

Drumpot wrote: »
    Unless cersai or somebody else gets to kill at morning aswell? Maybe she gets to munch people while looking for brotherhood?

I'm not sure if the factions would get a munch though as

A) that would be four potential kills per day
    B) If one or two factions get a kill then it would enhance their chances of winning above those that don't

I mean maybe there's an off thread contest for kills between the house but they don't seem to get a backroom until the Night King is dead.

Just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow morning I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah but

I would seem like an impossible game for the village to win if the conversions kept happening after NK was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hey everyone :)

Green&Red wrote: »
    Yes but it says help the NK, it doesn't say they'll do it without him, I can see a scenario where we get the NK and they all die. Otherwise I think it might be too hard to kill the NK team if they were all essentially the NK.

Its basically an SK who recruits and wins once they reach parity, if they could keep recruiting after the NK died it would be too easy IMO

Yeah that was my point :D

I agree with you (although you put it better than me tbf)

In terms of game results... I've no idea who counts as a wolf. I guess only the NK although that sounds more SK that can convert instead of kill.

anywhoo, you guys work this out will im out getting dinner and we can kill the NK when I'm back... a nice productive day 0

I would seem like an impossible game for the village to win if the conversions kept happening after NK was killed.

My point is this...

It states the NK converts, not kills.

So unless he also gets a munch how do the undead whittle down the numbers after his death?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Right so. Totally confused. Things I've noticed from reading op are that we have:

The Nightking & the Army of the Dead. The Nightking will be able to recruit people to his army of the dead - Are we assuming that the Nightking starts solo or not? It mentions that he can recruit people to his army - does that suggest he already has one?

Then we have:

Cersei
    The Mountain
    Jamie Lannister
    Jon Snow
    Sansa Stark
    Arya Stark
    Daenerys Targaryen
    Tyrion Lannister
    Jorah Mormont
    Beric Dondarrion
    Thoros of Myr
    Sandor Clegane, The Hound

12 roled players who are somewhat irrelevant until NK and pals are dead.

At a minimum there is 13 roled players with potential for more as game proceeds.

Three major things struck me from OP. The first is that 'powers may be character target specific' assuming that this means that powers may vary depending who wins but suspect it is mostly to prevent mass reveal.

Second is from rule 3 "Failure to vote in the main vote" - this seems to suggest that there will potentially be other votes.

Third thing is from rule 7 "lynch and eliminations are announced. " This could be connected to the previous...can people be voter off the island?

sKeith wrote: »

if we lynch the night king tomorrow, village wins, or goes into this weird shuffle thing,

I assume not.

My point is this...

It states the NK converts, not kills.

So unless he also gets a munch how do the undead whittle down the numbers after his death?

By putting others forwards for the lynch?
    By winning competitions?

I dunno. Just seems far too overly powerful for the converted to continue to be able to convert after the NK is dead.

sKeith wrote: »

Well it depends on the intepretation of the show VS the mods tbh.

I don't think we can say for certain unless the Night King wants to tell us :pac:

In the show that's what happened though we are supposed to be ignoring season 8 for the game, so it could very well be different.

By putting others forwards for the lynch?
    By winning competitions?

I dunno. Just seems far too overly powerful for the converted to continue to be able to convert after the NK is dead.

I'm not saying they can, I just don't think it should be ruled out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

We need a nugget to help us on our way. The nk must be loving this confusion at the moment.

What confusion, this is normal working thru stuff.

The night king should be worried, as they are at their most vuneral right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Why weed out the brotherhood am I missing something?

Just didnt like them.

Guys I’m out for the day so might not be back until later tonight.

Guffy wrote: »
    Just didnt like them.

Are you the Night King :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Guffy wrote: »
    Just didnt like them.

Lol that comment seemed to have took off for a bit.

Erm it was a throw away comment on day 0 as i was getting out of bed. Chill Winston

Very strange answer to a very strange original post there Guffs.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Guys I’m out for the day so might not be back until later tonight.

Laters Drummers. You'll have it all figured out for us when you get back presumably :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is the NK all on her lonesome on D1 and coversions kick in after that.

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this & make sure my dinner isn't being cremated at the same time.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this & make sure my dinner isn't being cremated at the same time.

That is the current presumption, yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Her?

Advertisement