Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

• 17-08-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The last thread on this was closed so I suppose this one will probably get closed too. However, I just have to highlight the absolute disregard with how the travellers are treating the area up there I pass through it once a week and it is steadily getting even worse with more and more filth and caravans. This afternoon they seemed to be having sulky races and no thought or regards to people driving in the road. Sulky pulled out right in front if a car almost causing a crash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Azatadine wrote: »
    The last thread on this was closed so I suppose this one will probably get closed too. However, I just have to highlight the absolute disregard with how the travellers are treating the area up there I pass through it once a week and it is steadily getting even worse with more and more filth and caravans. This afternoon they seemed to be having sulky races and no thought or regards to people driving in the road. Sulky pulled out right in front if a car almost causing a crash.

This topic has been dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

This topic has been flogged to death....will only end up being discontinued / closed down like the previous one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I dont think these threads will affect things up there. Try contacting the council about it. If you have and you have got no where then im afraid your flogging a dead horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

alta stare wrote: »
    I dont think these threads will affect things up there. Try contacting the council about it. If you have and you have got no where then im afraid your flogging a dead horse.

Speaking of flogging horses met sulky out by ballyscanlon lake today. 4 lads flying along the road.

debok wrote: »
    Speaking of flogging horses met sulky out by ballyscanlon lake today. 4 lads flying along the road.

Some dodgy road to be doing that on an all. Loopers.

• Advertisement

Some dodgy road to be doing that on an all. Loopers.

I don't know how they do it. I'd be shietting meself on it. One lad was only about 10. No fear

I don't know how they do it. I'd be shietting meself on it. One lad was only about 10. No fear

No fear, no tax, no nct....boss

Poor horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The animal welfare people had one of them by the entrance to Bowefield a couple of weeks back. Poor thing was starving and all its hair was either gone due to scabs or mud rash. It had been in a field full of ragworth. The gardai were there too.

The animal welfare people had one of them by the entrance to Bowefield a couple of weeks back. Poor thing was starving and all its hair was either gone due to scabs or mud rash. It had been in a field full of ragworth. The gardai were there too.

Did they take it away?

Did they take it away?

I think so. I used to see it in that field by the traffic lights but it's been gone since then.

• Advertisement

I think so. I used to see it in that field by the traffic lights but it's been gone since then.

Good. Hopefully the horse will now have a better life than what those cünts were giving it.

• Its a disgrance that travellers up on Carrickpherish Road get away with not giving a crap about societies rules. They throw their rubbish everywhere, burned out cars up there, horses that are malnourished and mistreated, caravans parked on the footpath, clotheslines hung up on trees, throwing diapers into the neighbours gardens, kids throwing stones at cars, having sulky races up and down the road and the list goes on.

Its actually got to the stage where I wont even walk on the footpath near them because its downright dangerous.

*I am not saying tarring all travellers with the same brush, I am just complaining about these particular travellers.

Agreed. It's the Carrickpherrish crowd specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Road-Hog wrote: »

Doesn't sound like it has at all by what the OP is saying

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

There's a dog lying in the grass on the opposite side of the road to the halting site. He's white with some brown patches. He was in the exact same position, in the exact same place yesterday, presumably dead. Is there anyone l can contact about this? If the dog is dead, he deserves to finally be treated with some respect and buried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Road-Hog wrote: »

They have (been) moved on? Or have seen the light and changed their ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Aceso wrote: »
    There's a dog lying in the grass on the opposite side of the road to the halting site. He's white with some brown patches. He was in the exact same position, in the exact same place yesterday, presumably dead. Is there anyone l can contact about this? If the dog is dead, he deserves to finally be treated with some respect and buried.

Contact Local Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Aceso wrote: »

Dog warden.

They have (been) moved on? Or have seen the light and changed their ways?

Nope. They are still there and more brazen than ever. Last thread was closed because it turned into an anti traveller/traveller hugger thread but this one is about that particular group up Carrickpherrish way specifically. More of them moving in up there all the time.

13 sulkys going together in convoy by Williamstown golf course heading in hospital direction must be something on

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

why don't social servies take their children?

it is obvious they cannot take care of them

13 sulkys going together in convoy by Williamstown golf course heading in hospital direction must be something on

They give those poor horses a terrible time. Their joints must be in bits from the tarmac and then they have thus unnatural gait to cope with too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Seen a sulky out by the Audi garage the other day heading towards the Carrickperish road with what looked like a father and young child on board,Garda car coming behind them they just indicated and overtook them heading into town!,the Guards dont care nobody cares and it will never change they do what they want will always get away with it.

Seemingly the council are trying to get Southfork removed.....they had no planning permission. The wall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What should the Garda car have done? You don't seem to suggest any law was being broken at the time. And the travellers will know this very well.

JohnC. wrote: »
    What should the Garda car have done? You don't seem to suggest any law was being broken at the time. And the travellers will know this very well.

Cruelty to animals for one and a danger to traffic,then stop and check to see if the horse is chipped and has a passport if it doesn't then they are breaking the law and the horse should be seized.

This is not the 1800's horses should not be on roads with cars.

Good luck finding a law saying you can't have a horse on the road.

Good luck finding a law saying you can't have a horse on the road.

They have them in Kilkenny.

So you're complaining that the Gardai should have pulled over a horse the other day in Waterford because there are limited horse-free zones in Kilkenny.

If you are going to go after them for things which are not illegal, they will just make a fool of you.

• Advertisement

So you're complaining that the Gardai should have pulled over a horse the other day in Waterford because there are limited horse-free zones in Kilkenny.

If you are going to go after them for things which are not illegal, they will just make a fool of you.

No,you said good luck in finding a law banning horses from the road,i simply pointed out that they have laws in Kilkenny banning sulkys.

Owning a horse that is not chipped or has a passport is illegal,should they not go after them for that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement