Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

spacetweek wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, enough about the house already.

Did the N30 open today?

Fair enough... Nope on the N30.. Maybe when Leo is back off the hols..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Late July was what I was told. The senior engineers are heading to London in August for a massive project there so they need to have the road open by then.

I wonder did they send too many of the engineers off-site too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jd wrote: »
    I wonder did they send too many of the engineers off-site too early?

There was certainly a huge drop in jeeps driving about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Any sign of link road being open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Andrew33 wrote: »

Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Andrew33 wrote: »

This afternoon between 3 and 4 - according to MapAlerter.

But who knows really!

jordata wrote: »

But who knows really!

Got the same notification, will take a spin out for a gander and let everyone know. It'll be a popular road.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jordata wrote: »

But who knows really!

Should help the Bellfield area,choc a bloc every evening.

The section from Templescoby to town was a joke for an N road. Large trucks could barely negotiate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Kevtherev1

• jd wrote: »
      Looks like it has opened..
    https://www.facebook.com/PaulKehoeTD/posts/10157545368372138

Grand job, is must have opened so close to 4pm today August 14th. Somebody put a car video up sometime in the future

• Advertisement

Just drove it, it's lovely, getting plenty of use too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

CoBo55 wrote: »
    How much quicker do think it was being the town with little traffic last 3 weeks with other part open?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Have just driven it as well. Another nice road with good open countryside. 5 1/2 minutes to drive it so it should be another good time saver.

As you say, there was a lot of traffic on it. Island Road and the quays in Enniscorthy will be very quite now.

jd wrote: »

I hope that Paul Kehoe now does something for Enniscorthy. Theres a great opportunity to develop the quays into a semi covered pedestrianised street with cafes and restaurants from the old bridge down to the Riverside with some watersports etc for families.

With a bit of effort Enniscorthy could be a great destination town in the centre of everything Co. Wexford has to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

I hope that Paul Kehoe now does something for Enniscorthy. Theres a great opportunity to develop the quays into a semi covered pedestrianised street with cafes and restaurants from the old bridge down to the Riverside with some watersports etc for families.

With a bit of effort Enniscorthy could be a great destination town in the centre of everything Co. Wexford has to offer

Couldn't agree more, so much potential, there.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Have just driven it as well. Another nice road with good open countryside. 5 1/2 minutes to drive it so it should be another good time saver.

As you say, there was a lot of traffic on it. Island Road and the quays in Enniscorthy will be very quite now.

Just under 5 minutes

For anyone travelling from Kilkenny, from the roundabout on the kiltealy road to the scurlocksbush roundabout is 11 minutes 20 seconds via the new roads. Not sure what it is through the town but I will be checking

peadar76 wrote: »
    For anyone travelling from Kilkenny, from the roundabout on the kiltealy road to the scurlocksbush roundabout is 11 minutes 20 seconds via the new roads. Not sure what it is through the town but I will be checking
    More than twice that I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

More than twice that I'd imagine.

Counter intuitive to add several kilometres to the journey,but you're probably right.

Here's a link to a video of the drive in the new N30 from Scarawalsh

https://youtu.be/czrX4EL_efk

• Advertisement

I was really surprised at how busy it was. It was only open about 20 minutes when I drove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

If people are expecting Paul Kehoe to do something......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Is that your video?

peadar76 wrote: »
    11:30 through the town at about 8:30pm, so feck all difference when town is quiet. Although that was driving at the previous speed limit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Great to see another major bottleneck consigned to the history books. Plenty more could do with the same and soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

20190718-163544.jpg

The boards effect!!!

This is now a double solid white line instead of the above.

It's 4.45 in the YouTube clip a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wonder was repainting the median the minor Health and Safety issues given for the delay opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thethinker

The boards effect!!!

This is now a double solid white line instead of the above.

It's 4.45 in the YouTube clip a few posts back.

So the dotted line on single carriage side of the road in the pic has become a continous white line. So if you are travelling on the side of the single carriage, stuck behind one of the many slow vehicles that haunt our roads, you are not allowed overtake, even if the two lanes coming the other way are empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

thethinker wrote: »
    So the dotted line on single carriage side of the road in the pic has become a continous white line. So if you are travelling on the side of the single carriage, stuck behind one of the many slow vehicles that haunt our roads, you are not allowed overtake, even if the two lanes coming the other way are empty?

That's the jist of it, yes.
    Sure, what odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

It won't make any difference because the majority of drivers in Ireland either don't know what road markings signify or if they do, ignore them anyway.

Advertisement