Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 2 transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was all set to bank but might tweak things a bit...

Not happy with Catchcart or Barkley right now - thinking of bringing Montoya in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did verthonghen to montoya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Was all set to bank but might tweak things a bit...

Not happy with Catchcart or Barkley right now - thinking of bringing Montoya in

The same here, but will hold tight and see how both do this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Adrian a doubt for Liverpool in case anyone was considering him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

8-10 wrote: »
    Adrian a doubt for Liverpool in case anyone was considering him.

source? has it come out how long Alisson is out for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

darego wrote: »
    source? has it come out how long Alisson is out for?

Ankle injured sustained by teammate jumping on him in post Match celebration.

About a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Happy4all wrote: »
    Ankle injured sustained by teammate jumping on him in post Match celebration.

Is this for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Try logging in via the website, you may need to reinstall the app.

[Technicians answer] .... Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

Re-installed the app and its working now
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

double Liverpool defence is looking like a load of bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Rash to do a 1 week Kane to Auba transfer? Currently have Sterling as capt and Auba seems like a no brainer captain. Other option is to keep my FT for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Who is their fourth goalkeeper?I know from playing fifa there was Kelleher card for Liverpool, not sure he is still with them because no other player is listed on the fpl apart from Mignolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Andy Lonergan. Only brought him in on a short term deal when Allison got injured as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »

Yes indeed
    The urge to transfer one out is strong but I’ll wait a week
    Playing lundstrum over one of them is also being considered .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

KevIRL wrote: »
    Twitter video

I doubt the fan meant that.

Hes not that kind of fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

wonski wrote: »
    Who is their fourth goalkeeper?I know from playing fifa there was Kelleher card for Liverpool, not sure he is still with them because no other player is listed on the fpl apart from Mignolet.

Kelleher was on the bench the other night but he's also injured :-)
    Andy Lonergan will play and he's probably a Championship/League One standard keeper so it's not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think I will bank transfer. Scored just 76 points last week, but only four players blanked so its not like it was a disaster.

Only one Liverpool defender so no need to worry about the keeper situation.

In fairness if they keep the other team away that will not matter. Not a perfect situation to be in if you have two, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »
    Yes indeed
    The urge to transfer one out is strong but I’ll wait a week
    Playing lundstrum over one of them is also being considered .......

nah, I'll ride out this week.

I'll downsize one of mine more than likely then to upgrade Moura to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

wonski wrote: »

Klopp has stated Kelleher is 3rd choice or now 2nd behind Adrian but would need a few games for the u23s after returning from injury. I think he had surgery on a broken finger/wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭touts

SlickRic wrote: »

Don't know about that. I thought they might rest one or two after the long trip to Istanbul. Now I think Klopp might play his strongest possible defence and drill into them that they must be at the top of their game to protect Kelleher. I think this might actually be the incident that gets them focused because they haven't been for preseason or game week 1.

Of course come 9am Saturday I will probably still sell one of Robertson or VVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Kelleher was on the bench the other night but he's also injured :-)
    Andy Lonergan will play and he's probably a Championship/League One standard keeper so it's not good news.

Where's your source saying Kelleher is injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Where's your source saying Kelleher is injured?

He's coming back from injury. Not 100% fit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

What are people’s thoughts on selling Vardy and Jimenez to bring in Pukki and Kane. As things stand I have exactly enough to do this. Would you:

A) Leave things as they are without Kane (I have Salah and Sterling in the squad)
    B) Make both transfers this week in case Kane goes up in price (would be a -4)
    C) Bank the transfer and make both changes next week and hope the prices don’t increase
    D) Do something completely different as my ideas are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What are people’s thoughts on selling Vardy and Jimenez to bring in Pukki and Kane. As things stand I have exactly enough to do this. Would you:

A) Leave things as they are without Kane (I have Salah and Sterling in the squad)
    B) Make both transfers this week in case Kane goes up in price (would be a -4)
    C) Bank the transfer and make both changes next week and hope the prices don’t increase
    D) Do something completely different as my ideas are terrible

Do you only want to make these changes because Kane and Pukki scored last weekend? You're basing this decision to take a hit on the evidence of only one week, whereas last week you felt Jimi and Vardy was a better option. It feels like a kneejerk to me and I'd bank.

Disclaimer: I also have Salah and Sterling, no Kane, and am banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

What are people’s thoughts on selling Vardy and Jimenez to bring in Pukki and Kane. As things stand I have exactly enough to do this.
    If you really want to do this, why not bring in Pukki this week and Kane next? Pukki is much more likely to go up this week than Kane. Kane has a very tough game this week so not worth captaining, he is defo captain material for GW3 so get him in for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Do you only want to make these changes because Kane and Pukki scored last weekend? You're basing this decision to take a hit on the evidence of only one week, whereas last week you felt Jimi and Vardy was a better option. It feels like a kneejerk to me and I'd bank.

Disclaimer: I also have Salah and Sterling, no Kane, and am banking.

I don’t especially want Pukki but need an extra €1m to afford the swap of Vardy to Kane, swapping Jimenez our for Pukki gives me the funds I need. I would usually wait until September to bring in Kane because of his slow starts but I’m afraid if I don’t bring him in and him continues to score I won’t be able to afford him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Best midfield choice for 5.5?
    Already have Dendonker

Thinking Kante..
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,630 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Best midfield choice for 5.5?
    Already have Dendonker

Thinking Kante..
    Thanks

Kante is 5m though?

McGinn has decent fixtures, Neves an option as well but you have Wolves cover. Henderson has been playing higher up the last few games and arriving into the box for pull backs more often. Ceballos will be an option in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Jota vs Pukki lads? can't make my mind up. pukki has the better fixture this week, but i'm thinking more long term

Advertisement