Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric, Hydrogen & Hybrid Electric Buses in Ireland

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Here you all go....

That is not a page from www.dublinbus.ie and is a page from a testing/staging version of the DB website.

It doesn't appear on the live version of the Dublin Bus website, probably because it is not correct and has not been approved for use as it is either incorrect or no longer correct if it was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Go and look up the bye laws....
    It actually is.

It's not.

Obviously none of you have been harassed and had videos and photos taken on different occasions.

Look GM think of it as you like but I'm well aware of the rules and bye laws
    Here you all go....

That is not a bye-law, there are no such provisions provided for under law and there never has been.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Obviously none of you have been harassed and had videos and photos taken on different occasions.

Look GM think of it as you like but I'm well aware of the rules and bye laws

If there's someone on here I would trust to know all the transport bylaws it'd be GM228...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Very unfair attacking me as was done, I stated a fact and put up the notice... This was live on the site so must have only been removed lately.

Everyone goes on about safety yada yada but nobody actually seems to give a fook about the driver and are disrespectful quite often and I've had the usual rubbish if I'm reporting you or whatever and these people would be putting the phone in my face driving and while stopped.

I should be able to work and not be harassed so it's something I will be taking up with the job and union now that this has been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Very unfair attacking me as was done, I stated a fact and put up the notice... This was live on the site so must have only been removed lately.

Everyone goes on about safety yada yada but nobody actually seems to give a fook about the driver and are disrespectful quite often and I've had the usual rubbish if I'm reporting you or whatever and these people would be putting the phone in my face driving and while stopped.

I should be able to work and not be harassed so it's something I will be taking up with the job and union now that this has been removed.

All sorts of gob****es on Twitter trying to report drivers for minor issues taking photos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was never a byelaw so it wasn't like something solid was removed.

Inaccurately telling a prick thats up in your face filming you that they can't film is waving a red rag to a bull. They'll likely know that they can

Very unfair attacking me as was done, I stated a fact and put up the notice...

Who is "attacking" you? I simply pointed out that it is not illegal, what you stated is factually incorrect, it is not illegal and not covered under any bye-laws, that is a fact.

This was live on the site so must have only been removed lately.

To be fair most of the CIE company websites have similar, and it is also worth noting that it is simply a policy regarding filming/photo shoots and all that is required for such, that does not equate to a general filming ban and most definitely does not mean it is illegal, it could only be made illegal by an Act of the Oireachtas or a bye-law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Stephen15 wrote: »
    All sorts of gob****es on Twitter trying to report drivers for minor issues taking photos

Rightly so, all of those 'minor' issues are indicative of the seriously dangerous habits of professional drivers.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Rightly so, all of those 'minor' issues are indicative of the seriously dangerous habits of professional drivers.

Not sure what dangerous habits you're talking about. The vast majority of DB and GAI drivers are excellent drivers

Not sure what dangerous habits you're talking about. The vast majority of DB and GAI drivers are excellent drivers

Despite CCTV coming out of their eyeballs, buses are hammering through stale reds left and right. Are we supposed to wait for casualties before drivers start facing consequences.

Saw a 16 last week blast through towards Harrington St, but this was a minute or more into the Camden St's sequence - must have been day dreaming.

• Advertisement

Despite CCTV coming out of their eyeballs, buses are hammering through stale reds left and right. Are we supposed to wait for casualties before drivers start facing consequences.

Saw a 16 last week blast through towards Harrington St, but this was a minute or more into the Camden St's sequence - must have been day dreaming.

And how many car drivers and even more so cyclists do you see driving through reds on a daily basis. If he broke the rules that's up to DB's internal policy and AGS to enforce not people on Twitter trying to catch people out.

And how many car drivers and even more so cyclists do you see driving through reds on a daily basis. If he broke the rules that's up to DB's internal policy and AGS to enforce not people on Twitter trying to catch people out.

Those cyclists and car drivers don't have a hundred people's necks to look after. Also, just because someone else has floored it through a junction illegally does not mean that DB drivers should just go ahead and follow.

The reason we see this is quite clearly because DBs internal policy is impotent.

Those cyclists and car drivers don't have a hundred people's necks to look after. Also, just because someone else has floored it through a junction illegally does not mean that DB drivers should just go ahead and follow.

The reason we see this is quite clearly because DBs internal policy is impotent.

I haven't expierenced DB drivers breaking red lights and one instance doesn't mean it happens on a regular basis. I have seen them go through amber lights which then turn red but in many of these instances they are safer to keep going than stop as stopping could cause passengers to fall forward.

Also if there was to be an accident with the bus involved it would likely be a cyclist, motorist or pedestrain to come off the worse as generally it's the smaller vehcile that comes off the worse in these types of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

As far as I am aware; if people or bus enthusiasts want to film some of their journey with a smartphone they are allowed to do some filming on the bus once they board it & get verbal permission from the bus driver. This type of stuff is done regularly from enthusiasts who have smartphones & take journeys on regular diesel buses all over Ireland & the UK. So again in short; once they get the OK from the driver; there should be no problem with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

As far as I am aware; if people or bus enthusiasts want to film some of their journey with a smartphone they are allowed to do some filming on the bus once they board it & get verbal permission from the bus driver. This type of stuff is done regularly from enthusiasts who have smartphones & take journeys on regular diesel buses all over Ireland & the UK. So again in short; once they get the OK from the driver; there should be no problem with it.

Yes it is a common courtesy to ask the driver if they would mind if they take a picture of the bus or film.

It is also common courtesy for the person to try and not capture the faces of passengers, like the person who took this video, who lowers his camera when people board, etc. Or block out the faces afterwards with editing.

The point is for the enthusiast to record the experience of a new bus, not to make the divers or other passengers feel uncomfortable.

There is certainly nothing illegal about filming in a public space!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Can this all be moved to a different thread . Jesus it's insufferable.

See the AHs have entered service now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭p_haugh

I believe its only AH2 thats been out the past few days.

My own picture taken of it today:

7kLKmZlrVJ18bXcQJyNN-B8TkW1G4eJB0J2NHrmseizo6K_KJVqIbJPvDmvqpp0WHHVtlE6-10xFX1osAvIGIkYcYw_o_9Fntm2B8TlN0XHoY7oeco3uUTfoCCHjagSdT6w6jCYUPiV35oPniNLiTIUlyOe45BKYbWdTiz43QvdSrIlPH4gPH16qaptMGbUTHU1XkfraFUjcZr4iqVqTQbvkC2W48M1Fy_JrafIpHuu4Ftyy-v3Cs_9QP_Ik4WbCyI2cAUyYHNcpjEE5rC1N7OzFgJ1pj7lQCtXBMcfot4YmqGk6D-l-4ug8YtKgqtknC98iTrImpGn5oyM8CnuUt9PwoyDEh8tyuqXlnsVGqeWBYMSIB82ah3wqLlzPr3G2YifpJdBLAuiblQDeYT60LI-gv9sA75KIwaY5GSG05IHnkD-gNYD9GD49IbRJYkg8_zKNok4A2QxOBi5dEkRwx1cOuv2Gn01N_1HnN5fF-BC9l_aMdT77XWql-REMcFGRzN9I94B0jNu6aRxMIKe3MVi6bJ1eeBFAAc4g328x2DLWA7OQQuu3jxzGpSdf9KBW23oMv3adrRzf8BcGEAiPDHkMJtQuOBcGmoucq2pG3QkXocM5sY5Qjmkuei65vzzE9y1xdIHYxk85qcC6RfmoYtQlb22sh3KR=w710-h947-no

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

p_haugh wrote: »
    My own picture taken of it today:

7kLKmZlrVJ18bXcQJyNN-B8TkW1G4eJB0J2NHrmseizo6K_KJVqIbJPvDmvqpp0WHHVtlE6-10xFX1osAvIGIkYcYw_o_9Fntm2B8TlN0XHoY7oeco3uUTfoCCHjagSdT6w6jCYUPiV35oPniNLiTIUlyOe45BKYbWdTiz43QvdSrIlPH4gPH16qaptMGbUTHU1XkfraFUjcZr4iqVqTQbvkC2W48M1Fy_JrafIpHuu4Ftyy-v3Cs_9QP_Ik4WbCyI2cAUyYHNcpjEE5rC1N7OzFgJ1pj7lQCtXBMcfot4YmqGk6D-l-4ug8YtKgqtknC98iTrImpGn5oyM8CnuUt9PwoyDEh8tyuqXlnsVGqeWBYMSIB82ah3wqLlzPr3G2YifpJdBLAuiblQDeYT60LI-gv9sA75KIwaY5GSG05IHnkD-gNYD9GD49IbRJYkg8_zKNok4A2QxOBi5dEkRwx1cOuv2Gn01N_1HnN5fF-BC9l_aMdT77XWql-REMcFGRzN9I94B0jNu6aRxMIKe3MVi6bJ1eeBFAAc4g328x2DLWA7OQQuu3jxzGpSdf9KBW23oMv3adrRzf8BcGEAiPDHkMJtQuOBcGmoucq2pG3QkXocM5sY5Qjmkuei65vzzE9y1xdIHYxk85qcC6RfmoYtQlb22sh3KR=w710-h947-no

Much better looking machine than the WHs. Not surprisingly!

Even for just the change, I want to see anything but the WH win the tender.

Anybody any ideas what they're like on board?

• Advertisement

I've heard driver feedback has been very good

IMO it's quite nice. Upstairs is a lot brighter due to the bigger windows. The fans are quite loud however down by the back of the bus.
    There's no bus stopping indicator upstairs, and the one downstairs is at the very front by the doors.
    A less important thing to note but at the back seats downstairs there's now 4 USB ports on each side instead of just 2.

I see the WHs are back in service, I assume the brake issues have been addressed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Matteo Salvini1

GM228 wrote: »
    I see the WHs are back in service, I assume the brake issues have been addressed?

I believe WH3 has still yet to go back into service

I believe WH3 has still yet to go back into service

WH3 has been on the 25 the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The VH's have been out now for a while. Has anyone used them yet?

Also; a photo of one of the AH's is on the ADL website.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Don't know anything about the VH but that AH is a smart looking Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sorry for dragging up an old subject but.....

https://twitter.com/TFIupdates/status/1214192470160027649?s=09

Should we read into the fact that for this mornings JAM card PR they used one of the AH buses?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do we really need a card to tell drivers to be patient with people using the service? Surely, that's just part of the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do we really need a card to tell drivers to be patient with people using the service? Surely, that's just part of the job.

It's actually the most stupidest thing I've yet to see come out.

We were all trained and can understand if someone needs that bit longer to sit or get up or just have issues or special needs....

I've probably offended someone saying that but I actually find it as a dig and condescending and making me as a driver out to be simple.

How have people got on until now?????

Advertisement