Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

No they can't transition back. There is irreparable damage done. Doctors are not magicians.

I agree. There has to be a clear line at 16 or 18 before any transition can be medically permissible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Medical intervention under 18 is deplorable.

Can you imagine what it must be like for a girl to be forced to watch her body undergo male puberty? Horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I know Joey, I'm not woke, I don't understand it I just know what I read on various submission to our laws from trans rights lobby groups.

There you go deflecting again afraid to touch the topic of trans kids having the same early intervention as other kids for something that's bothering them.

What did you read exactly? You don't seem to want to provide a link.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Inquitus wrote: »
    I agree. There has to be a clear line at 16 or 18 before any transition can be medically permissible.

There already is for Irish people, 16 is the limit for hormonal intervention not aged 4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Zillah wrote: »
    Can you imagine what it must be like for a girl to be forced to watch her body undergo male puberty? Horrifying.
    Imagine what it must be like for someone to make an irreversible decision as a child to realise it wasn't what you wanted after time had passed as an adult? Horrifying. Yeah, see, both of us can pull at the hysterical heart strings. Thing is my pulling is more based in realities as regret after the fact is not uncommon. Never mind that self harm, depression and anxiety are not exactly massively lessened after transition.

So until we have more research in and we can come up with a series of tests for the transgender condition - and I'd bet we can and will find it in the brain - then we're pissing into the wind on the back of ideology. And the same ideology would be against such a test, because it's all about the feelz in the moment, self identifying along gender lines and ever more ridiculous "categories", lines and categories which are ironically and near laughably mired in old fashioned notions of gender that the biggest loudhailers are quick to denounce in other areas. It's all about furthering the Cause(tm) and science and logic and measured considerations bedamned.

No thank you. G'way to feck.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What did you read exactly? You don't seem to want to provide a link.

Where did you read what you said was the truth. You could have easily quoted it, you chose not to and dumb downed what was written. It clearly mentioned removing children form their parents even if it was against their wills.

Your still deflecting from the question at hand. What age should we start the process of transitions?

klaaaz wrote: »
    There already is for Irish people, 16 is the limit for hormonal intervention not aged 4.

Which the lobby groups want changed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's hugely surprising that you take the word of transsexuals, does that mean that you respect them now as they changed their sex despite your past disdain for them?
    They have not changed their sex. This is a scientific and medical impossibility as far as current technology is concerned. Legally and in an abstract way they have, but legally they only have to self identify as the preferred gender, no hormones or surgery involved. Tomorrow I could go through the process and in the end claim I'm a woman, but it would be a nonsense. If the law is that easily circumvented by basic logic then it's a piss poor law.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Thing is my pulling is more based in realities as regret after the fact is not uncommon. Never mind that self harm, depression and anxiety are not exactly massively lessened after transition. .

Jayzus Wibbs, never thought you'd jump on the bandwagon quoting a single Serbian surgeon to further a sensationalist agenda. Facts obviously don't apply to your opinion.
    Wibbs wrote:
    They have not changed their sex. This is a scientific and medical impossibility as far as current technology is concerned. Legally and in an abstract way they have, but legally they only have to self identify as the preferred gender, no hormones or surgery involved. Tomorrow I could go through the process and in the end claim I'm a woman, but it would be a nonsense. If the law is that easily circumvented by basic logic then it's a piss poor law.

A zillion trillion percent wrong on your science denial which actually infringes the medical as well as the science community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Zillah wrote: »

No, but I don't know that anyone can prove when that does or doesn't happen either...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Where did you read what you said was the truth. You could have easily quoted it, you chose not to and dumb downed what was written. It clearly mentioned removing children form their parents even if it was against their wills.

Your still deflecting from the question at hand. What age should we start the process of transitions?

There is nothing in the report about removing children from their parents against their will. You are making that up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A zillion trillion percent wrong on your science denial which actually infringes the medical as well as the science community.

You bleated on for pages and pages that men give birth. I'll take your version of ''science denial'' with a whole sea of salt please.

There is nothing in the report about removing children from their parents against their will. You are making that up.

So quote what you dumbed down if you know where the report is. You could have done that at the start. Your playing with language.

Still deflecting from the question of when early intervention should start for trans kids.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You bleated on for pages and pages that men give birth. I'll take your version of ''science denial'' with a whole sea of salt please.

This sounds like misgendering of trans men who have given birth and raised their kids as proud fathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did anyone know about this thing they used to do called breaching? When a boy would wear trousers, or breaches as they called them for the first time. Fascinating.

I came across it quite by accident, researching a different subject.

This sounds like misgendering of trans men who have given birth and raised their kids as proud fathers.

Biological men cannot give birth. Never have throughout history, never will. This is science. This not debatable information.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Did anyone know about this thing they used to do called breaching? When a boy would wear trousers, or breaches as they called them for the first time. Fascinating.

I came across it quite by accident, researching a different subject.

As a parent I can absolutely understand why. Surprised they stopped before wet wipes and disposable nappies were invented.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Biological men cannot give birth. Never have throughout history, never will. This is science. This not debatable information.

Science has changed that in the 21st century, you'd need to move on from the pre-21st century backward attitude and embrace science of progression for humankind.

Science has changed that in the 21st century, you'd need to move on from the pre-21st century backward attitude and embrace science of progression for humankind.

Are fully nuts, there right a man can't give birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The left has probably already finished itself as a credible option for power in the Western World.

Especially among its old base.

That's lovely.

Blokes can't give birth.

Absolute nonsense. Would you ever get a grip? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

No man has ever given birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Reminds me of the witches prophecy in Macbeth

"Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
    The power of man, for none of woman born
    Shall harm Macbeth."

If only Shakespeare had come up with the plot twist of a female identifying as a man and giving birth! He went with the person being born by Caesarean section which was probably pretty rare for the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Pedophilia, threat to young children, possible sexual exploitation of children, inappropriate male nudity in front of children, distressing scenes for children, inappropriate questioning of children, inappropriate conduct around children..do you want me to go on or you fine to keep shielding a pervert?

Trans allys are becoming an uncomfortable joke but you will perish on the sword on you try to wield.

The CRIMINAL LAW (SEXUAL OFFENCES) ACT 2017 was enacted to pull in groomimg and other non-contact sexual abuse of children.
    The public statements periods would be a fetish [non contact ], the ones about tampons would move it to attempted contact
    http://revisedacts.lawreform.ie/eli/2017/act/2/revised/en/html

Public nudity in changing rooms and showers would be covered under section 45. Its a non-contact sexual abuse of a minor.

In the eyes of most people who believe that sexual contact with children is "bad", walking around naked (or semi-naked if a female over 2 or 3) or in an area where others are naked is classed as sexual.

In light of the numerous scandals of the sexual abuse of children ( involving all and every type of person, male and female ) good luck with suggesting section 5 can not be applied in the changing rooms of any sort.
    Or that a jury would not convict a person ( male or female )*.
    When it comes to protecting childen decent people don't give a monkey for the sexual ordination nor gender identity of a perpatrator.

Queer trans ideology is now hitting against a critical mass of people are looking at what it means to allow :
    1) undocumented self ID.
    2) legal means of incorporating recognition and knock on implications.

IMO a lot are beginnig to firmly rejecting the acceptance without accepting mantra, and are beginning to support the people who have been ostracised of being publicly vocal and gender ideology critical.

* This is based on the logic that, on the basis of victimhood paradigm:
    1) trans women, who are subject to physical attacks from men
    2) men including those who attack & kill trans women
    4) non trans women who are ally's
    5) Anybody else except non trans women who are gender critical
    6) non trans men who are gender critical
    7) non trans women who are gender critical

Trans men appear to be ignored in the debate so I have no idea where they should fit in.

So in Scotland prior to the litigant or waxing case getting any wide public attention self ID hit the headlines.

The issue was proposed new laws around the Gender Recognition Act/self ID. Most politicians were either a public ally or did not comment.

Grassroots women got active.
    Women whom are 'Christian' far right and the 'Athiest' far left "which ain’t easy; ‘cause when they met, it was murder". (< So who had to google the quote? )

And lobbied as they have had multiple instance of acceptance without exception causing public outrage. (yiz can google these argument)

This is becoming a first world political issue. And is being weaponised in America politics on a State and Nationl level.

In Scotland Mhairi Black did an "interesting" tweet with embedded video before waxing became an issue.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MhairiBlack/status/1146476340864081920

Nice young lady I am sure. Lovely music and the presentation skills.
    However while she is busy giggling at her Jermey Hunt joke, i am laughing at the irony. I get the irresistible urge to send her a pink mirror, with the note "yes dear, you are one, cas you have one and yes they are all pink"

Labour have gotten themselves into a little problem too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OpenLabour/status/1155794528764403713

Now people on the pro side can ignore the canary in the coal mine.
    They can call it transphobia to point out that 1% of the population are trying to educate the other 99% in how to be an ally.
    Just don't be suprised when critical thinking is employed.
    Dont answer a question with the words transphobia and bigot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If you could describe how scientifically a man became pregnant, carried a baby to term and delivered a baby then we might hear what you are trying to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ingalway wrote: »
    But the problem is just who is making the decision? No child should be given puberty blockers. TRA's make them sound so harmless "they just give the body a pause". A childs body and brain is not supposed to be paused, when they are there are huge reprecussions. A recent article in The Times had the story of Jacob given puberty blockers at 12, he is now 16 and is very critical about being given them and the devesating consequences - what they actually do is stop all further development, give a 12 year old puberty blockers and they stay at 12, mentally and physically, whilst all their peers grow up around them, then they really stand out like a sore thumb. Their bones don't develop and make them more prone to brittleness/broken bones, sexual and brain development is stunted - your body never recovers from this. This is a dangerous social contagion fuelled by homophobia, sexism and misogyny and there will be a mountain of law suits in the coming years over what has been done to these children.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/transgender-children-puberty-blocking-drugs-for-the-past-four-years-i-ve-been-stuck-as-a-child-5s6tkh7z2?fbclid=IwAR03UNPXBUKb1X8DlUZG0VMvo1a137yT6pxl2Sf34xOe5Syf-ACA_s1SL6c

That article is heartbreaking.

• Advertisement

MrFresh wrote: »

There's nothing to suggest trans people, pre-op or post-op are more likely to commit crimes against children than anyone else. That's the long and the short of it. In any other case, if your alarm was going off when nothing was wrong, you'd think it was broken.

Morgane Oger has issued a public statement disagreeing [with your statement, saying ] that transgender people are more likely to comit crimes. This was in a statement about a predator.

She supports the waxing case.

Contact details

https://morganeoger.ca/contact/

And to save you looking the quote
    Knowing the correlation between marginalization and suppression and individual acts of misbehaviour, I would not be surprised to learn the proportion of miscreants who are transgender is higher than the general population. It usually is with oppressed groups.

Source
    https://morganeoger.ca/2019/04/19/preying-on-children-makes-you-a-predator-regardless-of-who-you-are/

Her qualifications to speak on behalf of transgendered people

Morgane  Oger M.S.M. B.A.Sc.

Co-parenting two elementary-school-aged children in downtown Vancouver, Morgane Oger consults in the tech industry while driving public policy change and supporting vulnerable persons from the side of her desk for a more inclusive society. 

Morgane Oger is the founder and executive director of the Morgane Oger Foundation which was founded to help narrow the gap between Canada’s laws and the experience of people on the ground. The foundation employs education, advocacy, and legal means to reach its goals.

Morgane Oger is a founding member of the Law Union of BC. She serves as Vice-President of the BC New Democratic Party and ran for public office twice.

She was candidate in the 2017 British Columbia general election in Vancouver-False Creek, missing by the mark by just over 400 votes or 1.7%. 

Morgane Oger ran for School Trustee in the 2019 Vancouver General Election as an  independant candidate and received over 27,900 votes, the largest number of votes ever achieved in Canada by an openly transgender person.

Recognized for working with everyone, Morgane Oger is recognized as an effective community organizer and change maker. She is known for reaching hearts and minds to help win significant victories on issues focused around equality and inclusion at all levels of Government.

Supporting the Canadian Human Rights Commission  in matters related to transgender rights, Oger is active in the support of transgender persons involved in the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal in detention.

Supporting the Canadian Human Rights Commission  in matters related to transgender rights, Oger is active in the support of transgender persons involved in the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal in detention.

A tenacious loudmouth working in both official languages of Canada, Morgane Oger successfully spearheaded the push to convince Canadians to support human rights law that protects us all against discrimination based on gender identity or expression. She has helped implement ground-breaking policies supporting these laws across the country.

With a number of successful policy and law reform wins in multiple provinces and at the federal level behind her as well as a number of successful interventions on the behalf of the transgender community across Canada, Morgane’s advocacy work was featured in award-winning documentaries “In Alliance” and “1253 Letters”.

For her contribution to inclusion and equality, Oger was named “National Hero” Grand Marshal at the 2016 Vancouver Pride Parade. 

Morgane Oger was awarded the Kimberly Nixon Pride Legacy Award in 2016 and received the Shakti Trailblazer Award in 2018.

In recognition for her service to Canada in extending human rights for LGBTQ2+ persons, Morgane Oger was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal on behalf of The Queen and all Canadians by Governor General Julia Fayette in 2018. 

The Meritorious Service Decorations recognize great Canadians for exceptional deeds accomplished over a limited period of time that bring honour to our country. They honour achievements in both military and civil divisions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement