Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

One of the guys in the cork retro group on Facebook ordered a replacement control panel for asteroids that gave a more of a street fighter layout, 2 player 6 button per player kind of vibe. Maybe there's sellers offering what you're looking for?

He ordered. His from the U.S.

You may have jumped the gun on the spinner,

arcade1up released an upgraded spinner today for only $18.49 that uses optical sensors. :P

I guess it remains to be seen how good it is in use though.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/spinners/products/asteroids-spinner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

My replacement SF2 screen arrived today. Fit it there a while ago, it's much better. Still absolute pixelated ****e, but much better than the first :o I'd say I'm going to mod my two cabs, I just can't bare retro games on lcd's without some proper shader support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    You may have jumped the gun on the spinner,

arcade1up released an upgraded spinner today for only $18.49 that uses optical sensors. :P

I guess it remains to be seen how good it is in use though.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/spinners/products/asteroids-spinner

I imagine, given the quality so far, that it's sh1t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Speaking of spinners, mine has finally shipped from the US, should have it this week.
    At last, I'll be able to play Tempest properly!

edit: Should be here today! Install it this evening and give it a go!

• Advertisement

Took ten minutes to fit the new spinner and the Arcade 1Up cab is finally allowing me to play a great game of Tempest!
    Very nice indeed.
    Major Havoc is still a sh1te game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Thought all the unwanted christmas ones would be up on t'verts by now, still holding tight for a sub €200 SF one

So,
    AtGames are going to try and go for the cherry, the home arcade with just about everything!

I'll be fascinated to see what emulation they are using and how the licencing is going to work.
    Apparently it's going to also have WiFi to download more games ... from somewhere... I sure it's not Elmoparadise or something....

edit: Apologies, wrong video linked to, now fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

IIRC n64 emulation is still sh1te, no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

airmax87 wrote: »

The problem is more the source being sh1te rather than the emulation being sh1te :pac:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    The problem is more the source being sh1te rather than the emulation being sh1te :pac:

Yeah,

I got an arcade stick for the N64 and, not only is it ugly, but it is useless, as in there is no content to use it with!
    Aside, perhaps, from Robotron 64 and Star Soldier.
    And that's it.

Master of the Universe

I always feel bad for people who's coming of age console was the N64 and go on about it being the best console ever...poor deluded fools :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So,
    AtGames are going to try and go for the cherry, the home arcade with just about everything!

I wouldn't normally dismiss something out of hand, but those clowns have a track record, and it isn't good. Very same to assume this will be a piece of crap, like everything else their name is on.
    airmax87 wrote: »

It's not sh1te, but it's not perfect. There's been several major developments over the last 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just seen that.

The turtles one is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Something fooky about the perspective in that last pic on the Forbes article, either those lads are 5 foot nothing or the cabs are on plinths and the two lads are average height but with 2ft long calves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I heard they are going to make Cocktail cabinets too.

Nice to see some custom controls but after playing with the tempest spinner I can only imagine how poor the controllers will be .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Have to get that Star Wars cabinet. It's magnificent.

https://arcade1up.com/products/star-wars-pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Now that one would be savage! Not something you see too often I don't think? The others have been released in all sorts of compilations through the years but don't think many would have played these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Especially not with the control system. It's too amazing to even contemplate.

Especially not with the control system. It's too amazing to even contemplate.

The controller will be dirt i bet.
    There is a guy that makes "real" reproduction ones and they cost 2/300e :eek:

On another note.
    I see they sell the PCBs separate on the 1ups site.
    I really like the astroids/luner lander one.Anyone gotten them to work on a CRT yet?

Not sure, either, that the LCD they use is going to the visuals justice.
    I know, with my Asteroids/Tempest one it's a poor replacement for a proper display, no options either to even fake the vector graphics, so it's jaggies for breakfast, dinner and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I don't get how they'd put something out that doesn't at least attempt to emulate the vector graphics. It's going to look dirt.

I don't get how they'd put something out that doesn't at least attempt to emulate the vector graphics. It's going to look dirt.

They can certainly do something, you can see it in other efforts to bring Asteroids to consoles, there's all sorts of options to add the effect of a vector monitor to proceedings, but 1Up done seem to have bothered so far.

Looks like Arcade1up metal adjustable stools are now available on Smyths for €50 each:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=Arcade1up

They're $80 to buy from best buy in the states so it looks like we got the better price for once.

There's a Galaga one and Mortal Kombat one on best buy, that are "sold out" but it may just be that they're not out yet.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&iht=y&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&qp=currentprice_facet%3DPrice~%2475%20-%20%2499.99&sc=Global&st=arcade%201up&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

Doge wrote: »
    Looks like Arcade1up metal adjustable stools are now available on Smyths for €50 each:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=Arcade1up

They're $80 to buy from best buy in the states so it looks like we got the better price for once.

There's a Galaga one and Mortal Kombat one on best buy, that are "sold out" but it may just be that they're not out yet.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&iht=y&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&qp=currentprice_facet%3DPrice~%2475%20-%20%2499.99&sc=Global&st=arcade%201up&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

Looks great

Master of the Universe

They're a bit naff looking but I do like the MK one. You really can do no wrong with that logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where's the MK one?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    where's the MK one?

Its just listed on Best Buys site at the moment and is "out of stock".

I think I read one of the facebook groups that it isnt released yet though.

Advertisement