Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale - websites

Options
  • 22-07-2019 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Other than here ;) are there any other ie websites that are good for viewing second hand/new firearms.

I know some stores have websites. I’m thinking more like guntrader.ie but better.

Just want to check if I’m missing anything...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

None that i know of.

Facebook and other social media including Youtube, etc. began a "war" on firearms years ago and have gradually eliminated any sort of selling. Even if you only post pictures now they're removing accounts, channels, groups, etc.

I believe even sites like Donedeal, Adverts, etc. don't allow it (although you can sell non firearm stuff like scopes, binoculars, apparel, etc. but if it's directly gun related or even a gun its an utter no no.

Some Irish gun shops have decent sites, but not one has an up to date list of their entire stock. Some new stuff, and a little second hand stuff, but it still requires a phone call and even then you get a list of some things, or replies to what you ask about. So it nearly always results in calling to the shop.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Thanks Cass.

The for sale/wanted section on boards.ie is good with some nice pieces coming up from decent boardies.

Cheers for Moderating!

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    The for sale/wanted section on boards.ie is good.
    It is and best of all it's free.

I've often thought about discussing with the other Mods and the site owners about expanding the for sale section into a larger scheme but anything bigger will incur a charge and that is off putting to many, myself included, so we keep it simple and free of charge.

We even have a Verified Representative account system. That is a special account for those with a shop or business. It gives them a different title so you know which shop/person you're dealing with and they can advertise and sell their goods here. However very few dealers take it up because there is a yearly fee (not sure what it is, but i know its not big money).
    ...... with some nice pieces coming up from decent boardies.
    The season will dictate what is available to an extent. At then end of each season you'll find shotguns and rifles up for sale as lads decide to change either the firearm or upgrade their kit and sell the old stuff on. Some lads still go the trade because it's slightly simpler than selling privately (no difference in paperwork or process, just they don't have to wait for a buyer).

Facebook still allows some selling of the very mundane stuff like binoculars, and sometimes scopes, but that is constantly changing and i wouldn't be surprised if they ban all types of selling.

New places, basically search engines and sites, are starting to pop up that don't have the same constraints as Facebook, Youtube, etc. but because they are still new and people are very VERY slow to change they are still very small.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Irish shooting sports, outdoor sports and sportsden all have decent websites.

I meant to say if you look under my posts in my Signature line you'll see a list of various threads. Click on the one that says "online Shops" and it'll bring you to a thread listing the various online shops.

Now i haven't updated it in some time so some may be closed or not working and others may not be included, but it's a starting point. They're all RFDs and the shops are their websites. None are the private forums like here that you were referring to in your OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

What about Gundeal.ie or gundeal.co.uk ?

Lot of NI stuff on it, but South too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Thanks dc99. I do look at that site. Mostly nice NI stuff with good prices.

Have not looked in a while but will check it out again.

Many lads dealing with NI RFD’s? Are they happy to hold onto firearm whilst we wait 3 months for licence.....

Advertisement