Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

I have one of those memories too, Wibbs!

Unfortunately it was f all use being able to quote the Godfather word-for-word, when Paper 2 was asking about Juno and the Paycock and Othello :(

I follow to serve my turn upon him,

We cannot all be masters, nor all masters

Cannot be truly followed

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Faffing about clearing crap in the garden. Semi stylishly. Well for me..

485179.jpg

Early 50's Longines "tank" in 14Kt gold. Very good power reserve on this considering the size of the movement, a few days on a wind.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Cheap ebay "Seiko".

IMG-20190712-181638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

IMG-20190716-191558.jpg

Casio F-91W on a new black nato strap

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Since selling my Speedmaster I've been using my OP39 as a daily watch. Two things occur: 1. It's quite a formal watch for most occasions although I've managed to casualise it generally; and 2. It's going to get wrecked. Not that I'm Action Man or anything, but I know how I roll.

So I went on the hunt for a respectable daily beater, and found this which I picked up today from ex-Galway inhabitant Jordi of WatchesNorte in Spain. It's a 42mm version from 2007 and just serviced, polished, etc. on an Omega rubber strap. I only bought it as the price was (very) right.

Any thoughts?

E0DAF518-D11A-47DD-9C12-83E02B85D8AD_zps2sz4qzsc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fucking lovely. There's a thought for you F. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I was more expecting "you f*cking eejit, could you not have bought a Swatch", so happy enough to take that thought thanks...ðŸ‘
    Wibbs wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Wibbs wrote: »

My exact thoughts when I seen it. ****in' Lovely :cool:

How much did you get if for? I've an Omega itch to scratch and the PO is well on my radar :p

PM if you don't want to make it public :)

A good bit less than 2k. PM sent there.
    oxocube wrote: »
    My exact thoughts when I seen it. ****in' Lovely :cool:

How much did you get if for? I've an Omega itch to scratch and the PO is well on my radar :p

PM if you don't want to make it public :)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Bargain of the year (in this thread so far anyway) i'd say. Was there much negotiation with them on price? They have some nice pieces on their site

• Advertisement

He offered it to me at a good price initially so there was no real negotiation - I just said Yes please.

Timing was probably important. I emailed him just as he had got that watch in and had sent it off to be serviced etc so I caught him before it even went up on his website.
    Time wrote: »
    Bargain of the year (in this thread so far anyway) i'd say. Was there much negotiation with them on price? They have some nice pieces on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Speedmaster for me today. Special weekend for NASA.
    I haven’t work this in a while. Picture taken this morning with its space pals.

2qlejgy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Agreed! Bloody Bargain!
    Fantastic value IMO, well wear!
    Enjoy it, it's a lovely watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

SNIP
    Great idea, I have a new strap for my speedy that will compliment the week that's in it, will post later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Pogue tomorrow;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

sparrowcar wrote: »

SNIP
    Great idea, I have a new strap for my speedy that will compliment the week that's in it, will post later.

Not to everyone's taste I imagine but perfect for the week that's in it. Saw this band on Instagram and thought it looked class.

20190719-145112-01.jpg
    20190719-145116-01.jpg
    20190719-145127-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

New watch for myself too, for the day that's in it.

485696.jpg

485697.jpg

Looks good to me.
    Not to everyone's taste I imagine but perfect for the week that's in it. Saw this band on Instagram and thought it looked class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I like it...

Still looking for new boots for my own

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

God I love the Moonwatch....want one, anyone selling PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

Re the moonwatch...does anyone find the winder awkward? Watched a few videos where they say it can be hard to grip the crown

Anyone got an opinion on the Brietling Superocean II?
    I saw a friend's today, and it's left me wondering if I actually really like it?
    Or if the dial is just too busy...

Re the moonwatch...does anyone find the winder awkward? Watched a few videos where they say it can be hard to grip the crown
    I'm an expert in this field, allow me to explain.

Yes mine is almost impossible to wind, So much so I was loosing skin off my fingers. Spent hours on the googleweb and found a solution at £35 from cousins UK. Basically a watch crown winding tool. Cousins site and ordering is a mess so gave up on that.

Then I decided to look around my house for something that would grip the crown so I could wind it and I found the top screw down bit off a BIC pen. Works perfectly and it was free. Give it a try.

banie01 wrote: »
    Anyone got an opinion on the Brietling Superocean II?
    I saw a friend's today, and it's left me wondering if I actually really like it?
    Or if the dial is just too busy...

Was it black or blue? I think the black looks busier as the contrast between the colors is greater. But on both the 24 hr markers inside the hour markers are just too busy for my liking

Was it black or blue? I think the black looks busier as the contrast between the colors is greater. But on both the 24 hr markers inside the hour markers are just too busy for my liking

Blue with a black bezel, it's left me very conflicted as I bloody really like the blue but his one, it just doesn't hang together IMO.

banie01 wrote: »
    Blue with a black bezel, it's left me very conflicted as I bloody really like the blue but his one, it just doesn't hang together IMO.

I’ve never seen that combination but it doesn’t sound like it would be my cup of tea. Definitely wasn’t a heritage model?

I’ve never seen that combination but it doesn’t sound like it would be my cup of tea. Definitely wasn’t a heritage model?

I checked with him and he said the model No is A17392.

Today was battery change and seal lube day for my JP3050.
    Took the opportunity to run the bracelet thru my wife's ultrasonic cleaner whilst I had it off too ;)

485826.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bit late to the party but watch I bought from Fulladapipes earlier this year:

DSCF1988_zpsrbvwariy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Oh man that’s sweet

• Advertisement

The new Seamaster today in its natural habitat, under water. Acquired to replace the beauteous Speedmaster that Birnybau bought and to save the OP39 from the vagaries of my carelessness.

riyvd1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement