Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ppl don’t seem to realise that he was surrounded by the best of the best producers engineers sound arrangers musicians etc during his peak. Quincy Jones the man in charge. His label paid for it all.

other than a few co writes, wholesale copying of James brown dance moves and his “eccentric” vocals I struggle to see what his genius was.

You're an embarrassment and even the most ardent haters can see you for what you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

sligeach wrote: »
    You're an embarrassment and even the most ardent haters can see you for what you are.

Stop referring to my messages. Reported again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I do think he bleached his skin because of vitiligo. I have it myself, but I'm white so it's only noticeable really if I have a tan and easy enough to cover if I wanted. I totally understand why he would do that, that are some pictures where you can see patches of white on his face and chest. It's common to have other auto immune disorders once you have one so I believe the lupus thing too.

He was such a bizarre person that it's hard to know what to believe. That was intentional I think and part of his carefully crafted public persona. Didn't he put out some of the crazy stories himself? Like the weird tank/chamber thing. He was a very damaged person who I believe hurt a lot of children. Not some unique childlike character, just a plain old manipulative predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Stop referring to my messages. Reported again.

If you quote crap, I've every right to challenge it. It's called quoting by the way, for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A plain old manipulative predator sums it up well ceadoin.

He was a monster.

I’m glad to know his music is banned and in the dustbin of history along with the enablers in his family.

Shame on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Sligeach and beechwoodspark thread banned. Get a fücking room and stop sniping at each other. Use the ignore function.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

People keep saying sleepovers with “children”, but it was almost exclusively young boys.
    And Bubbles

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Deadlift kid

Best place for him tbh some mightnt like it but its my opinion people are naive to think he was innocent great musician awful nonce , example as I myself was a child victim who lived through certain incidences that scarred me I can see all the similiarities today through adult eyes the grooming friendship the play B.S the gifts its very clear but when your a child you dont see it he was a nonce I see all the simialrity to own story suppose jimmy saville was innocent too yeah right.. disgusting the both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

He was a creepy fukker...As a parent there ain't a hope in hell I'd leave my child with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Dirty nonce and shame on those fawning over him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

OOOOOH!

That means this exact time ten years ago I was at a Misfits concert in the Academy. When it was over everyone started getting texts with Michael Jackson jokes, out of nowhere. Took a while to figure out why.

That was a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,822 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Should have been somebody within his circle, be it family, managers or whoever that could say...

“you know what, you don’t have any bad intentions ok, but for a grown man to be inviting kids you are not related to, over for a sleepover, you being 50, them being kids, it’s not cool, it’s inappropriate. You can invite your ‘friends’ during the day, have a BBQ, play games whatever but a sleepover, no, think about it”

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Deadlift kid

FTA69 wrote:
    Dirty nonce and shame on those fawning over him.

100% agree its just a shame he died before he was truly found out he was a predator no doubt,

and mostly very young boys its quiet a common thing acrosss the board with paedophiles boys over girls 98% of the time,

I could notice a nonce from in room of 100 men ive lived it as I know is common from other peole I know who lived these things they nonces always try come across as Cool to kids ... amusement parks on a ranch of multi multi millionaire alarm bells are ringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I'd say his childhood messed him up in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was preyed upon as a little boy too, sadly. :(

I believe also that he did want to compensate somewhat for the childhood he lost.

But I don't consider it realistic for a man who became the biggest star in the world, recording the biggest selling album of all time... to be a naive, completely childlike man unaware of the weirdness of having sleepovers with under-age boys (dropping them when they got too old and becoming weirdly interested in the next lot). A man like that would be considered a bit touched in any other situation - the idea of him being a massively wealthy business man wouldn't even be considered.

I don't know whether he abused those boys - but I think it's, at best, wishful thinking to insist outright that he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

An exceptionally talented individual and a true icon.
    Which is precisely why I don't accept the 'child trapped in a man's body' argument.
    He was self-aware enough and capable enough to write multiple hit records, cultivate an iconic personal image, and organise world tours, but we're still supposed to believe that he had no idea that there was anything wrong with having sleepovers with other people's children and bringing 'child companions' with him on his tours.
    Quincy Jones said Jackson played the public like a fiddle, and I'm inclined to believe that, as 10 years after his death you still have people tying themselves in knots trying to defend his inappropriate behaviour around children. Even if nothing sexual happened with these kids, he crossed a line, and as many have mentioned, if he wasn't Michael Jackson and was your daughter's PE teacher or something instead, people wouldn't be so forgiving.

He was a true talent all the same. A prodigy really. It's possible for people to be more than one thing at once.
    Would I leave my kids with him? Not a chance.
    Do I care if people still want to listen to his music? No, not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

His nephew has a Gofundme page trying to get money to make a film proving his innocence. The fucker should be banned but instead he's gotten over $160,000 from gullible idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually there is often smoke without fire when it comes to allegations of this type.

When you use that phrase you're basically saying 'all allegations are true and those accused are automatically guilty'

I hate people who argue with that expression. We all know what it means. But some, like yourself, have to get poncy and get smart.

Fact was there was a lot of "smoke" about Jackson being a pedo for years. By different people. Guess they were all wrong? I mean look at Jackson how he wanted to be white. If that was someone else you'd call them a weirdo and the idea of them being a. Pedo wouldn't be shocking.

Actually on that subject another gripe I have is that just because Michael Jackson belted out a few good hits people don't immediately assume the worst. But if it was some random geezer living in the estate you wouldn't think twice to condemn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

MOR316 wrote: »
    If you want to believe he's a paedophile, you will. Doesn't matter what may show his innocence in certain situations or how many people that knew him come out and say it, that's your mind made up. Maybe, you're right? Who knows?
    If you believe he is a paedophile perhaps you should reconsider your opinion on Bowie, Rolling Stones (Wyman) Elvis etc, giving how they slept/married underage kids?

However...

If you want to believe he's innocent, you are confronted with the fact that he shared his bed/bedroom with other people's children and no matter how innocent anyone tries to portray it, it raises an eyebrow for anyone. Or maybe, you're right? Who knows?

Fact is, none of us will ever know for sure!

I watched that documentary, admittedly going into it thinking, "this will prove it"
    After watching it, I done some research and I came to the conclusion that it's a load of rubbish, filled with lies with an incredible amount of contradictions. It's very unethical from a journalism point of view. Sets a dangerous precedent but, that's another discussion for another topic

As for the man himself, whether you like the music or not, he was one of the greats. There is no question about that.
    Perhaps controversially for some on here, I read about his humanitarian work recently, what he done for both sick adults and kids and animals and I have to be honest, that inspires me to try and do something to help others.

Anyway, dinner time :)

How do you know people criticising Jackson haven’t judged these folks? What does mentioning them achieve? It comes across as deflection, which isn’t a good look. So they’re all complete fückers. Happy?

I have no bias.

I don't pay attention to anything the media says about him because I remember some years back, the same paper carried two separate articles, on the same day, stating he was homosexual in one article and was a rampant sex machine, who was fathering many kids in another :D

I learned my lesson that day! I make up my own mind and think independently. It's why I done some research after watching that LN movie

This isn’t some unique trait. Plenty of people did likewise and still concluded that they believe LN and/or various other allegations they heard down the years. It doesn’t mean that they don’t “think independently”. That trait doesn’t mean the same conclusion will be reached by all. Many people have decent research skills - anyone who has completed a tough degree for example. And some of them don’t believe in Jackson’s innocence. So can we get off the whole “I’m an Independent ThinkerTM unlike the rest of yiz” nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

We're living in a time when it has become so fashionable to accuse people of sexual assault, and so fashionable to be part of the Me Too movement. There are actually lots of girls and guys out there who feel left out and want a Me Too story. It's sad, but that's the world we live in now.
    When he was on trial his music was played non stop and even more and more on the radio, back in 1993 his music was played more and more, his world tour sold out. But today two people who defended him non stop change their story and they somehow trump a criminal investigation by professional police and detectives from the LAPD to the FBI, to the CIA, and now we must not play his music because two guys who are broke have some make belief story, and want money. It's kinda funny if it wasn't so tragic.

I'll play his music anytime, anywhere I want. If someone has a problem with it then fu*k them. I have a problem with someone telling me what I can and can't listen too.

• Advertisement

His nephew has a Gofundme page trying to get money to make a film proving his innocence. The fucker should be banned but instead he's gotten over $160,000 from gullible idiots.

That’s quite low, to be honest. If everyone who donated chipped in $10, that would only be 16,000 people worldwide. There’s more than 200 countries in the world. Around 80 people per country (though of course the distribution would vary because of population differences). I thought support for him was legion.
    I'll play his music anytime, anywhere I want. If someone has a problem with it then fu*k them. I have a problem with someone telling me what I can and can't listen too.

I don’t think you’re going to experience much criticism for listening to his music. Such defensiveness seems OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

This isn’t some unique trait. Plenty of people did likewise and still concluded that they believe LN and/or various other allegations they heard down the years. It doesn’t mean that they don’t “think independently”. That trait doesn’t mean the same conclusion will be reached by all. Many people have decent research skills - anyone who has completed a tough degree for example. And some of them don’t believe in Jackson’s innocence. So can we get off the whole “I’m an Independent ThinkerTM unlike the rest of yiz” nonsense?

I dont believe I directed that at anyone, other than the poster I was replying to, who said I should draw my own conclusions.

Perhaps you should read the whole thing before you lash out like that?

How do you know people criticising Jackson haven’t judged these folks? What does mentioning them achieve? It comes across as deflection, which isn’t a good look. So they’re all complete fückers. Happy?

Why would that make me happy?
    Strangers on the internet, agreeing or disagreeing with me, is not a source of happiness or sadness to me.

I was just making a remark I made in a discussion. I'm not here to change people's minds.
    What other people do, listen to, believe or don't believe is none of my business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why would that make me happy?
    Strangers on the internet, agreeing or disagreeing with me, is not a source of happiness or sadness to me.

I was just making a remark I made in a discussion. I'm not here to change people's minds.
    What other people do, listen to, believe or don't believe is none of my business.

You get awfully defensive of the dirt box for someone who states that last line.

You get awfully defensive of the dirt box for someone who states that last line.

Not at all. Just setting the good man/woman straight in terms of what he/she quoted me on.

As I said, it's none of my business what anyone thinks, listens to or does. I'd have asked otherwise
    Then again, now I think about it, it's also none of my business what anyone thinks of me either so, if you wish to think I'm defensive, work away :)

Yeah I don't get why people do that. No evidence people haven't changed their perspective on those other artists. And it doesn't change anything regarding Jackson.
    Lol you're such a rebel. :D

(Who the hell is going to stop you from listening to MJ? Listen away to him).

now we must not play his music.
    Who says we must not play his music? I'm gonna put on Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough now... I'd better brace myself for arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,600 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'll play his music anytime, anywhere I want.

Funeral?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Edgware wrote: »
    Any news of Bubbles. He was the intelligent one in that relationship

he was left with a big red swiss role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,686 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

Advertisement