Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went to four different shops today looking for raisin danishes and no luck.. It shouldn't be this hard to get raisin danishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Aldi fruit spiral ice pops. They're lovely but the spirals make them difficult to suck. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Omackeral wrote: »
    When people say ''typical Yanks'' about any subject regarding the USA. There's around 330 Million of them, 50 States and god knows how many different cultures. The place is so vast that it has 4 time-zones on its main landmass. Some farmer from Kansas is gonna be a world away from some hot-shot stock broker in Manhattan who is gonna be very different to a hipster in Portland who'll be different from a Californian surfer and so on.
    Brought back a memory. I worked with a man who said the only good Brit was a dead Brit. I said that's me and my family gone. He back tracked. Nowadays probably be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you go to a bricks and mortar shop to buy something but they don’t have it in stock, and by the time they order it in and call you to come and collect it you could buy it with one click and have it delivered to you door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Poochie05 wrote: »
    When you go to a bricks and mortar shop to buy something but they don’t have it in stock, and by the time they order it in and call you to come and collect it you could buy it with one click and have it delivered to you door

"No, don't have it but we can order it for you"

"I can order it myself online. Thanks, bye."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

A lot of these young irish athletes proving medal shy, some of them favourites. Having said that the women’s long jump is always compelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When the person in front of you in the queue at the supermarket checkout turns around to have a good gawk at what you're buying.

When the person in front of you in the queue at the supermarket checkout turns around to get a look at ye.

I always feel like saying Take a bleedin picture while you're at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

DareGod wrote: »
    When the person in front of you in the queue at the supermarket checkout turns around to have a good gawk at what you're buying.

When the person in front of you in the queue at the supermarket checkout turns around to get a look at ye.

I always feel like saying Take a bleedin picture while you're at it!!

Or, when the person in front of you at the supermarket starts a full-blown conversation with the cashier! :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Neighbour behind us throws full slices of stale bread on his shed roof . No small bird stands a chance when bloody big seagulls swoop in and screech and cackle and annoy everyone in the vicinity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

At work yesterday, I walked past the chef. “What’s wrong with you?” she asks. I say “nothing, why?” and she replies “you look sick”. That’s what I get for not wearing makeup to work :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Put on my summer shorts yesterday to go for a stroll in the park and discovered that one side of the lace for tying had disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The rain, utterly miserable out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Put on my summer shorts yesterday to go for a stroll in the park and discovered that one side of the lace for tying had disappeared.

Always happens me with clothes, the kids tug on them making one side nearly disappear so I end up pulling them out altogether. Stupid things anyway they should be sewn to the middle of the garment with enough leverage on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister has rediscovered Glee. It's making life at home very unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

water bottles being left behind in public parks & sport pitches...mainly by young ignorant kids...i wish the sports clubs would tell them off

and white socks being left behind in swimming areas, lake shores mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I blush easily ... have always hated it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Love Island. I can feel my brain melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

honeybear wrote: »
    I blush easily ... have always hated it!

Me too!

I HATE it. Anytime I'm evem remotely anxious, I start blushing even before I have a chance to say anything worth blushing about.

Drives me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I was travelling to Dublin yesterday, I was prepared to come for the day, I went out to breakfast and while I was in the cafe it was decided that i was staying overnight, I was going to run back and collect my meds, laptop, clothes and phone charger but I had a bus to catch :(

My friend decided that we’re all going on a road trip on Wednesday (I’ll be the one driving). She texted me about it tonight saying something like “at least let us give you petrol money” as if she had offered and I had said no. I’m not being funny but like I’d be expecting something, this was your idea and cars don’t just run off air :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Spent the night tossing and turning trying to get a comfortable position...alarm goes off and I find a position that I want to spend the rest of my life in....for God's sake....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Was over at my parents house Saturday night for dinner then we were walking into town around 9pm for drinks. They do B&B and met one of the couples on the walk into town, as they were going back to the house. A few minutes later my mum gets a call saying the kitchen door is locked, they wanted to put food in the fridge.
    Where tf do these people come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Love Island. I can feel my brain melting.

I don't blame you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have to take drops as part of a new health regime, today was the best time for months to take them.
    They have to be taken before food and I only remembered them as breakfast was finishing, a bad sign for the rest of the day.
    Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My friend decided that we’re all going on a road trip on Wednesday (I’ll be the one driving). She texted me about it tonight saying something like “at least let us give you petrol money” as if she had offered and I had said no. I’m not being funny but like I’d be expecting something, this was your idea and cars don’t just run off air :rolleyes:

Take the money,even if you dont need it.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Take the money,even if you dont need it.

Oh I fully intend on it

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have to take drops as part of a new health regime, today was the best time for months to take them.
    They have to be taken before food and I only remembered them as breakfast was finishing, a bad sign for the rest of the day.
    Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Just put the bottle into your empty tea mug or your porridge bowl. That’s what i do, job done. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Fields of fuppin Athenry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

*insert usual Vodafone rant here*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A thing that's annoying me at the moment, checking the recycle bin and finding unwashed milk cartons stinking the place out, FFS! rinse the fecking things out before putting them in the bin. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement