Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭brookville

blackcard wrote: »
    To be fair, I would not have any crib with the referee today. Decisions went both ways. Looking at the highlights, there was no reason for Paul Murphy to foul for the penalty as we had plenty of men back

Murphys two arm clamp giving the ref an easy desicion i know harnedy played for it a bit aswell but refs onto him tackling like that there was no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Seriously!! James Owens doesn't call steps. And I thought Kilkenny fans would know that after he let Ger Aylward take 52,000 steps to score a goal against Galway. But I guess it's only when people are sinned against is it a serious issue that "could of cost us this game" when it goes in your favour it's more "ah it evens itself out sort of thing"

It is wrong to allow over carrying no matter who does it. If not way have this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sportsmaddad

The_Ghost wrote: »
    Lawor giving away that handpass in the second half led to them scoring 1-3 in a row .

Sure, it was a mistake by Lawlor that led to the 1st point of that sequence for Cork. But the next 1-2? A bit harsh to blame it all on Lawlor. Another fine display by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saddleview

Ger aylward sitting in the stand as a (jeans and t shirt) spectator today. Any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Saddleview wrote: »
    Ger aylward sitting in the stand as a (jeans and t shirt) spectator today. Any reason?

Injured

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

It is wrong to allow over carrying no matter who does it. If not way have this rule.

Strange then given this cry for equality that you fail to mention Colin Fennelly's goal today where he clearly overcarried.

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Strange then given this cry for equality that you fail to mention Colin Fennelly's goal today where he clearly overcarried.

Clearly fouled on the way in it must be said def would of being a penalty.I think we all know steps and thrown handpasses are rarely pulled thats just the way things are right of wrong.

Sure, it was a mistake by Lawlor that led to the 1st point of that sequence for Cork. But the next 1-2? A bit harsh to blame it all on Lawlor. Another fine display by him.

No that point gave them believe and started a come back.he caught one or two balls and he was unlucky with horgan 2nd goal it was just magic from horgan how he caught it i dunno.Horgan is an unbelievable hurler i hope huw learns from today and be the better for it.He has to learn and thats it altjough i wouldnt mind getting delaney into that defence the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

"]Sure, it was a mistake by Lawlor that led to the 1st point of that sequence for Cork. But the next 1-2? A bit harsh to blame it all on Lawlor. Another fine display by him.[

I just thought that point gave them the belief after Horgan missed a free where he usually converts and Huw had plenty of chances to strike it. Not meaning to knock him or anything as he’s having a great year and will have learned a lot today and as you said overall he hurled a fine game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Powerhouse wrote: »

Welcome back I did not expect to hear from you for at least 12 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Fairplay, an honest man. Enjoy your win, ye are never bet in fairness. That was some demolition job the first 20 mins of the second half.

Though spectacular and not taking from a fantastic display by Horgan over the course of the match yet he took a minimum of 7 steps and a maximum of nine before striking the ball..To allow that goal at this level is disgraceful. Kilkenny officials have a duty to highlight it and supporters have a right to comment on it. It could have cost us this match.

So did Colin Fennelly. There is too much giving out about refs on this forum.
    Just enjoy the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Saddleview wrote: »
    Because he's mental.

It was far too warm for jeans.

Because he's mental.

It was far too warm for jeans.
    I was talking to him he said knee injury

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Traini g should be good the next 2 weeks.hopefilly bucko is ok ger can get fit and we can give limerick a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Village87

Very good win yesterday by Kilkenny, Richie Leahy and TJ were immense in the second half. Cork backs were terrible on the ball in the second half, they got turned over every time they tried to work it out. Hopefully Kilkenny can force Limerick to do the same. Unbelievanle perfomance by Horgan, lucky cork didnt a get ball into him for 20 minutes in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Great win , and probably unexpected too. Savage start to the 2nd half !!

And great to see the 'management team' make some good calls early in the game when Cork were getting through on goal very easily ….
    (some like to point out the 'management teams' lack of decisions)

Great to see all the usuals back on having 'their say' .
    Maybe all us KK supporters should head over to other counties threads, and try wind up/comment/troll them when they win or lose.
    its a bit tiresome to be honest.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Village87 wrote: »
    Very good win yesterday by Kilkenny, Richie Leahy and TJ were immense in the second half. Cork backs were terrible on the ball in the second half, they got turned over every time they tried to work it out. Hopefully Kilkenny can force Limerick to do the same. Unbelievanle perfomance by Horgan, lucky cork didnt a get ball into him for 20 minutes in the second half.

How did Conor Fogarty go?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnCougar

Motivator wrote: »
    I’m living in Cork but not a Cork man at all. I just think this Cork team are primed to give a poor Kilkenny team the run around. Kilkenny haven’t one line on the team that I think can dominate. Apart from Reid, the forwards are very poor. Midfield isn’t as strong as it probably should be the two lads are good hurlers but go missing too often, the backs aren’t consistent enough at all. Murphy is the second best player on the team which says it all about this Kilkenny team at present.

The Cork forwards will click tomorrow, last weekend was the perfect game to let them get their eye in. They’ll probably score half what they did last week but they’ll concede an awful lot less too. Nash is going to be the main man for them tomorrow. His quick puckouts are worth 5 or 6 points to Cork in every game and with the movement of their forwards I think Kilkenny won’t be able to live with them. They’re just fitter, smarter and better all over the pitch.

Cork bottled it as usual and did not want to know after half time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Delighted with the win. I thought the team selection was much better - right down to seeing Richie Reid on the bench, who is another serious hurler IMHO. That's as close to our best 15 and we've had all year (I'd probably only have Delaney, Wally & Maher as starters). Great to see Browne, Donnelly & Hogan in. I still have worries over the full back line (especially against Gillane), but we've Conor Delaney to come back still. Hopefully he's nearly ready and that Buckley can get 100% in 2 weeks time for Limerick.

Billy Ryan seems to be better coming in as a sub. That's 3 or 4 times now he's come on and really looked good, whereas with some of his starts he hasn't been great. He really looked like a threat when he came in. I was surprised to see Hogan taken off so early. He was obviously going well. When he was shaking his head coming off, it's pretty clear there was more left in the tank. Fogarty was MOTM - he got on some amount of ball, picked off a couple of excellent scores and set up some others. He was the driving force.

Regardless of the result vs Limerick, there's a serious new team coming there with lads starting to step up. Lawlor, Deegan, Browne, Maher, Leahy, Mullen, Donnelly, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭raindodger

told ye after the quarter final last year ye wouldnt be away for long.Well done we will be very worried here in limerick for the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 revanaghkk

Great win for Kilkenny yesterday. 2-27 is a great score. Certainly will be underdogs the next day v Limerick but I wouldn’t rule us out. Well done to Brian, management and players. A wonderful effort

Tickets are available on tickets.ie

I joined the queue at 11:05am and there were 2,450 users ahead of me.

There are now 1,991 ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BlachAmber

Fantastic stuff from Kilkenny yesterday, a huge effort from them and full value for the points difference.

Well done to Brian and co too, they made a lot of right calls yesterday from team selection to a quick rectification of the backs after a very unsteady start to the subs who came in scored six (I think?) between them.

Proud as ever and looking forward to the semi. C'mon Kilkenny!!

Congrats to Kilkenny yesterday. Our best performance since August 2016. Fair play to James McGarry and Derek Lyng for getting all the changes into the team since the Wexford game.

Cork proved yesterday that Munster hurling is soft with no bottle.

If we bring the same level of performance and intensity we will beat Limerick next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

citykat wrote: »
    Nice win for us today. 6 pt margin flattered Cork though. We were easily at least ten pts better than Cork today. The reason we weren’t was that excuse for a referee, Owens. I can only presume the freedom of Cork is on it’s way for that ridiculous display.
    I wouldn’t hold out hope but whoever is assessing his performance shouldn’t let him ref a go game let alone senior inter county after today.

TJ got fouled for practically every puck out, nothing. He had his helmet pulled, no sanction. Fennelly fouled all day by Cadogan, ****all. Cooper tries to take the head off Hogan, only a yellow. He let Horgan take nearly 10 steps for his 3rd goal at s crucial time when Cork were practically dead and buried. He gave Alan Cadogan so many frees it became a bad ****ing joke. We’ve had some ****ing dopes ref us down the years but today took the biscuit.

On us, Fogarty and Murphy will have silenced some lads on here today. Browne brought great energy to midfield. On Hogan, though he played well, it was hardly vintage. He had just gotten treatment before he went off. He’d also given up a chase just before he got pulled. Donnelly had two incredible touches in the first half. The first was a pass for a score. The second was a lightning quick lift and strike for a score. Fennelly had Cadogan in all sorts of trouble all game. Wally was back near to where he should be. Ryan looked hungry and lively.

The narrative appears to be, Cork underperformed, Limerick will be too much for us. Good.
    The RTE presenters and the commentators were brutal. Before and during the match they could only see one team and I am afraid to say the same goes for many neutrals. Kilkenny do suffer deicrimination due to their own success over the recent past.It is part of the Kilkenny hurling world at present. It may not be intentional but it does exist.
    Though spectacular and not taking from a fantastic display by Horgan over the course of the match yet he took a minimum of 7 steps and a maximum of nine before striking the ball..To allow that goal at this level is disgraceful. Kilkenny officials have a duty to highlight it and supporters have a right to comment on it. It could have cost us this match.

Jaysus lads the pair of ye would want to cop on a small bit! Eoin Murphy took 13 steps at one stage and Fennelly overcarried for his goal, both sets of players were throwing the ball every second time and 5 of the 6 KK defenders were guilty of at least one cynical foul. It's swings and roundabouts and anyone contending that the referee favoured Cork yesterday, or indeed KK for that matter, hasnt the first notoion what they are talking about.

This 'woe is me' ****e and the world is against us is getting very tiresome.

When you can't even enjoy one of the counties best wins of the last 5-6 years then you have serious problems!!

JohnCougar wrote: »
    Congrats to Kilkenny yesterday. Our best performance since August 2016. Fair play to James McGarry and Derek Lyng for getting all the changes into the team since the Wexford game.

Cork proved yesterday that Munster hurling is soft with no bottle.

If we bring the same level of performance and intensity we will beat Limerick next week.

Some very odd statements....
    • How do you know that all the changes were down to Lyng & McGarry? (and not Cody?)
    • How does the performance of one team on a given day prove that the rest of the teams in that province have no bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

I am a totally biased supporter during a match and will point out where the referee was hard on us. Then when I watch the match back I see where decisions could have been given against us and generally reckon the referee did a decent job. I would also look to see what journalists write about the refereeing. Any report I have seen says that the referee did a good job yesterday.
    Having said all that, in the middle of the KK v LK match I will be convinced that the ref is being hard on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭crossman47

blackcard wrote: »
    Having said all that, in the middle of the KK v LK match I will be convinced that the ref is being hard on us.

I think we're all like that. I'm a disappointed Corkman but ye deserved to win. I'm afraid we may be years waiting for another All Ireland. Having said that, hearing Cats supporters complaining about refs makes me laugh as ye got away with murder for years (not against us as we haven't been at the races for years).

Some very odd statements....
    • How do you know that all the changes were down to Lyng & McGarry? (and not Cody?)
    • How does the performance of one team on a given day prove that the rest of the teams in that province have no bottle?

Because Cody would not have started Richie Hogan.

Wexford will beat Tipp and we will beat Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

JohnCougar wrote: »
    Because Cody would not have started Richie Hogan.

Wexford will beat Tipp and we will beat Limerick

You said two days ago that Limerick would beat Kilkenny?? Incidentally over the last 3 seasons - I think thats a fair timeframe for a picture of the current health - there has been 16 kncokout games between a team from Munster and Leinster and 11 of those have been won by a Munster team, your claim that the entirity of Munster hurling is soft is more that a little deluded!

Are you still calling for Cody's head btw, or has the greatest manager in the history of the organisation bought himself a few weeks with you??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement