Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

What a brilliant 2nd half performance. Got back level only to to caught with a sucker punch of a goal and then Kilkenny had a a scorcher of a ball hit the cross bar. They are almost certainly through and if they can find a full game like the 2nd half they will go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Interesting to note that the young sub from Glenmore had 4 possessions in his first 8 minutes on the pitch, scored 2-1 and won a free.

He only got one more ball in play in final 20 minutes, popping it off too an on runner who was fouled.

Unfortunately the KK team just couldn’t seem to get the ball over to that corner in the last 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I only got in for the second half of the minor match. KK were the dominant team. The Galway goal was a complete sucker punch. KK always looked dangerous as they cut through the Galway defence several times in the second half.

The Galway #15 won it for them, he caught 4 balls in the last 10 minutes and they got at least 1-1 from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

So much for a dummy team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

No change to the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭mullinr2

We need more from Mullen, Leahy, Buckley and Walsh to win this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

mullinr2 wrote: »
    We need more from Leahy, Buckley and Walsh to win this game

I'd get Wally in for Leahy, he's not in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭brookville

Unbelievable space in front of our fb line.very hard to defend against it but nothing in it need a huge 2nd half

When Nash or Cork defence have the ball, the Cork half-forwards drop back and create huge space for their full-forward line. A blind man could see what's happening. If we adress than issue then we might win. C'mon KK!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭bamayang

What a win!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Best performance from a kk team since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Absolutely sensational.

I'm a proud man today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Delighted for Brian cody
    It looked like it was going to end rather badly for him.
    Kk looked brilliant today
    Limerick wont like playing kk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭blackcard

Most enjoyable win since the 2011 AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

great performance from the team was delighted to see a lot of younger players step up, in the forwards in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Something special there. It was like going back 6 years. Fennellys touch to Richie and we were off .Wally was superb as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Great spirit shown today by the Minors and Seniors well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Excellent 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Happy enough with selection. Would have stuck with Maher over fogarty.
    We have wally and Maher to come of the bench.donnelly has struggled when he has started slight worry. Physical full forward line who can hurl.
    Nice balance to us .Kilkenny by 5

Hurled very well.would have stuck with Hogan for another 10mins.
    Cork serious full forward line when they use it.get ready for limerick
    Sure we have no chance. And it seems we don't have a manager's position to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Surprised and delighted. Didn't think we'd win a shootout. Great to see Richie play well. They'd obviously decided to give him 50 mins but thought they could've left him on for another while as he looked comfortable. Unfortunately you'd have to worry for Buckley, he had a fair limp on him jogging across the field after half time.

Anyway great to get the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Cody out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Brian017

Cody out!!

Kilkenny are an one-man team. Wrap up Reid and you wrap up Kilkenny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Savage win , best win since the replay against tipp for me ,
    Fair play to Cody his likes will never be seen again ,
    Didn't look like he had lost the dressing room ?? Taught Hogan was taken off a bit soon, I would go as far as saying he was the difference between the two teams, unbelievable player
    I wouldn't be one bit afraid of limerick,
    Very proud Kilkenny man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Fair play lads, serious character which with the exception of horgan or cadogan cork lacked today. Proper team effort

Hogan was def taken off too early. There was a couple more points in him

Well done to the team and management... such a brilliant result today, I'm so so happy!

The main things that are sticking out in my head -

Hogan played great. His movement and ability to read the play is something some of our other forwards havent being doing.

Moving Richie Leahy to midfield for the second half turned out to be a masterstroke. He went from not being in the game at all to having loads of possession, running at Cork and scoring points.

Wally had a big impact when he came on, I think he scored 3 points.

We we're lucky that one of the backs didn't get two yellows at some stage because of the cycnical fouling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Kilkenny: TJ Reid 0-10, (10f), R Hogan 1-2, Fennelly 1-1, W Walsh 0-3, C Fogarty, J Donnelly, B Ryan 0-2 each, C Browne, A Mullen, R Leahy, E Murphy (1f), B Sheehan 0-1 each.
    Quite a spread of scorers . So much for Kilkenny being a one man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Kilkenny: TJ Reid 0-10, (10f), R Hogan 1-2, Fennelly 1-1, W Walsh 0-3, C Fogarty, J Donnelly, B Ryan 0-2 each, C Browne, A Mullen, R Leahy, E Murphy (1f), B Sheehan 0-1 each.
    Quite a spread of scorers . So much for Kilkenny being a one man team.
    and in fairness if you saw those numbers before the game you'd think TJ was quiet but he was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Great win, the team will get a lot of confidence from that. Nice to rack up such a big score. Cork very poor though.
    Conor Fogarty man of the match for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Richie hogan class is permanent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement