Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    week 1 103.4kg
    Week 2 100.2kg
    Week 3 99.6kg
    Week 4 99.1kg
    Week 5 97.9kg
    Week 6 97.8kg
    Week 7 98.6kg
    Week 8 no weigh in
    Week 9 no weigh in
    Week 10 97.2kg
    Week 11 94.9kg
    Week 12 94.3kg
    Week 13 no weigh in
    Week 14 92.2
    Week 15 no weigh in
    Week 16 no weigh in
    Week 17 90.8kg
    Week 17 no weigh in
    Week 19 no weigh in
    Week 20 92.8

Total weight loss 10.6kg
    so it's all been downhill since. Weighted in this morning at 97kg.
    I was in such a good place. Feeling better. Looking better. More energetic. People were complimenting me. I wonder why I do it.

Anyway back on the wagon today! Wish me luck.

so it's all been downhill since. Weighted in this morning at 97kg.
    I was in such a good place. Feeling better. Looking better. More energetic. People were complimenting me. I wonder why I do it.

Anyway back on the wagon today! Wish me luck.

Tony, I'm so glad you posted.

I weighed in this morning. 95kg. Up 10kg since I was at my best.

Lets do this again.

I'll race you. First to lose 5kg wins!!!!

Tony, I'm so glad you posted.

I weighed in this morning. 95kg. Up 10kg since I was at my best.

Lets do this again.

I'll race you. First to lose 5kg wins!!!!
    Ha I was wondering where you went to! Your on my friend:pac:

iamtony wrote:
    Ha I was wondering where you went to! Your on my friend

Healthy burrito for lunch, quorn pieces with peas and carrots for dinner. Now I'm going to bed because I have curly wurlys in the fridge.

Absolutely raging with myself for the weight gain but motivated now to get it off again.

I'm threw away all my bigger clothes and now I'm squeezed into mediums and larges and feel rubbish about it.

I'm not letting myself buy clothes now though. I will have that 5kg gone by the end of the month. You better get your arse in gear Tony!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm down another 200grams :o but having said that I'm about 100% more determined So I'm hoping next week will be the start of a proper shift on those scales.

Sticking now more rigidly with no weekend fall offs;
    1200 cals a day
    My fitness pal
    and walking/cycling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Week 1: 15st 1.6lb
    Week 2: 14st 12.6lb
    Week 3: N/A
    Week 4: N/A
    Week 5: 14st 9.6lb
    Week 6: 14st 6.8lb
    Week 7: 14st 7.8lb
    Week 8: 14st 3.8lb

Week 9: 14st 4lb
    Week 10: 14st 4lb
    Week 11: 14st 1lb
    Week 12:

Week 13:

Week 14: 13st 11lb

Week 20: 13st 6.6lb

Haven't been as vigilant over the past few weeks, but still down a few pounds. I really want to kick it up a notch now though. Enough slacking. I want to get down to 13st by 5th August, and I want to hit my original goal of 12st 7lb by beginning September. Should be easy, right? :pac:

I weighed myself again this morning.

Down to 93.9kg. one kg in the bag.

(I know weighing yourself every day is a poor reflection on actual weight loss but I'm using it as a positive)

Banana for breakfast, low cal tomato soup for lunch and chicken and peppers for dinner.

If I can get the scales to say 92 (even if it's 92.9kg) by Sunday, I'll be a happy bunny.

Also, someone in the know my be able to tell me, I'm trying to drink about 3ltr of water each day.

Is there any benefit to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

(I know weighing yourself every day is a poor reflection on actual weight loss but I'm using it as a positive)

Banana for breakfast, low cal tomato soup for lunch and chicken and peppers for dinner.

If I can get the scales to say 92 (even if it's 92.9kg) by Sunday, I'll be a happy bunny.

Take a 7 day average at the end of the week and that will give you a better picture. That way you can keep it as a positive, especially if the scale goes the "wrong" way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you should try make your own soup, "low calorie" soups will still add sugar

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'm a full stone heavier than I was 5.5 years ago. Fluctuated up and down a good bit in that time.

Just ran the sums, to put on that stone I've only had to overeat by 25 cals a day in that period. How is that fair !

Have now changed from vegi to pescatarian, 2.5 months without farmed meat now. Down few lb, lightest I've been all year now.

Eating about 1700 cals a day atm. (Net)

silverharp wrote: »
    you should try make your own soup, "low calorie" soups will still add sugar

Not to mention salt, I love soup but can't get over the sodium content in even the healthier ones.

Healthy burrito for lunch, quorn pieces with peas and carrots for dinner. Now I'm going to bed because I have curly wurlys in the fridge.

Absolutely raging with myself for the weight gain but motivated now to get it off again.

I'm threw away all my bigger clothes and now I'm squeezed into mediums and larges and feel rubbish about it.

I'm not letting myself buy clothes now though. I will have that 5kg gone by the end of the month. You better get your arse in gear Tony!!!!
    Off the drink from today. Me and the missus so that's a big help. I've a scales in the bathroom now that should give me incentive to stay on track.
    Hate when the clothes get too tight:(
    Anyway I'm in it to win it so I'm hoping for massive losses this week:pac:

Giving up drink on a Friday you mad thing

Giving up drink on a Friday you mad thing
    When you drink almost every night it doesn't matter when you give it up:pac:

I'm doing a parkrun tomorrow. FFS. It's getting serious

I'm doing a parkrun tomorrow. FFS. It's getting serious

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ye have given me a kick in the ass to get back on the scales tomorrow. Far too much chocolate, cake and sweets recently and I feel like ****e for it

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

When you drink almost every night it doesn't matter when you give it up:pac:

Well done on that, myself and himself were the same, a few nearly every night in front of the tv with peanuts and pringles etc. I’m finding it makes a big difference! Still have a few on Saturday nights but not at home so no junk food

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

15st 10lbs
    15st
    14st 12lbs
    15st 2lbs
    14st 10lbs
    14st 9lbs
    14st 6.5lbs
    14st 5lbs
    14st 1lb
    13st 13.5lbs
    13st 11lbs
    13st 13lbs
    14st 4lbs
    14st 2.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 0.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 8lbs
    14st 5lbs
    14st 2lbs

3 months later and I am back up to 14st 9.5lbs

Time to cop on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I love my sweet stuff but have started baking very simple, low fat, low calorie desserts and snacks instead of shop buying. I make a big batch of peanut butter cookie dough and keep it in the fridge. I might make 6 at a time and that keeps me going for a few days. I think gradually reducing sugar is the way to go; if I had to go cold turkey, it wouldn't work. I had some Ben and Jerry's the last day, for the first time in a long time and threw up the whole lot. I think I am actually getting intolerant to sugar-laced foods.

This is a brilliant, easy recipe for peanut butter cookies. I cut the sugar by over a half (80g instead of 200g, and I think I could go lower), I swap half the butter for Greek yoghurt (and it tastes better this way), and I use Aldi 100% peanut butter (no added sugar). Makes around 18-20 cookies, and I couldn't eat more than 2 of the cookies per day. The peanut butter makes them very filling.

https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/soft-peanut-butter-cookies/

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ye have given me a kick in the ass to get back on the scales tomorrow. Far too much chocolate, cake and sweets recently and I feel like ****e for it

Haha I think most of us were slipping from the lack of activity on the thread.
    I think it's important to also post about the bad times. It had inspired a few to get their ass in gear already. It also shows were all human and it's ok to have a few slip ups.

P.s 96kg this morning, already heading in the right direction.

I love my sweet stuff but have started baking very simple, low fat, low calorie desserts and snacks instead of shop buying. I make a big batch of peanut butter cookie dough and keep it in the fridge. I might make 6 at a time and that keeps me going for a few days. I think gradually reducing sugar is the way to go; if I had to go cold turkey, it wouldn't work. I had some Ben and Jerry's the last day, for the first time in a long time and threw up the whole lot. I think I am actually getting intolerant to sugar-laced foods.

This is a brilliant, easy recipe for peanut butter cookies. I cut the sugar by over a half (80g instead of 200g, and I think I could go lower), I swap half the butter for Greek yoghurt (and it tastes better this way), and I use Aldi 100% peanut butter (no added sugar). Makes around 18-20 cookies, and I couldn't eat more than 2 of the cookies per day. The peanut butter makes them very filling.

https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/soft-peanut-butter-cookies/
    sounds delicious!
    Why don't you use a heat tolerent sweetener like canderel for baking?
    Personally I don't have a sweet tooth at all, I could easily live without any form of sweet things. The savory carbs are my enemy!

Well done on that, myself and himself were the same, a few nearly every night in front of the tv with peanuts and pringles etc. I’m finding it makes a big difference! Still have a few on Saturday nights but not at home so no junk food

Yeah it's a bad habit to get into. We both gave up for 3 months early in the year but slowly fell back into the habit and that brought with it phone calls to the local Chinese etc. Costs a fortune as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Haha I think most of us were slipping from the lack of activity on the thread.
    I think it's important to also post about the bad times. It had inspired a few to get their ass in gear already. It also shows were all human and it's ok to have a few slip ups.

P.s 96kg this morning, already heading in the right direction.

I have been unwell the last few weeks - I think most of it is weight related.
    There comes a time when carrying it actually starts to hurt the body and I've reached that point - It's hard. I stopped smoking over a year and a half ago and felt the health benefits immeadiately until the weight began to pile on :eek: - almost 2 stone in about 6 months :( and then another stone thereafter.

The good thing is, this didn't drive me back to smoking - the bad thing is it came on so fast I didn't do anything to stop it. So I have a big effort now to start to lose it properly. I have already cut down on and cut out my smoking replacement (chocolate, biscuits, red wine and anything sugary)

I am really peed off that I replaced one unhealthy practice with another. Being overweight sucks. (At least I enjoyed smoking :pac:)

The reason I posted here is because I posted in the giving up forum the day I quit, so if I can do that, I can do this!

Boom. 92.7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hi All,

I thought I would get involved after reading the entire thread. 28, male.

Just wondering does anyone have tips on what to eat late night? I usually wake up in the middle of the night (4 am) craving food. I keep going for a massive bowl of cereal!

My diet is my downfall I reckon - cereal(weetabix, special k, corn flakes and fruit and fibre) and low fat milk is the bet the main killer

However I am enjoying exercising again even if I can get 30 minute run on a treadmill during work. Aiming for 3 times a week. Weighing in tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,171 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you wake up at 4am go back to bed. You don’t need a big meal on the middle of the night to fuel sleep

93.5 today. Not good. Had a bad few days eating wise. Will be good over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi All,

I thought I would get involved after reading the entire thread. 28, male.

Just wondering does anyone have tips on what to eat late night? I usually wake up in the middle of the night (4 am) craving food. I keep going for a massive bowl of cereal!

My diet is my downfall I reckon - cereal(weetabix, special k, corn flakes and fruit and fibre) and low fat milk is the bet the main killer

However I am enjoying exercising again even if I can get 30 minute run on a treadmill during work. Aiming for 3 times a week. Weighing in tomorrow!

Have some water by your bed and drink it if you wake up and think you need to eat. If you were actually hungry, then you need to look at what you eat during the day.

Either way, the solution isnt finding something to eat during the night

Advertisement