Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Due an upgrade, I was going to wait till Oct for the P30 pro Mate. (if that's happening). Would it be crazy to go Huawei route now?

Unless recent events will be resolved? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

py2006 wrote: »
    Due an upgrade, I was going to wait till Oct for the P30 pro Mate. (if that's happening). Would it be crazy to go Huawei route now?

Unless recent events will be resolved? :-/

That's a hard call. I will admit that the P30 Pro is a great phone, excellent camera, battery life, nice size. I'm a little underwhelmed by the screen brightness but I did place a screen protector on as soon as I got it so maybe that is the issue.
    I'm very pis**ed that I paid €800 for a phone that may have update issues depending on the current situation.
    If you want the latest and greatest updates then I probably say hold off for now.
    If you want a great phone but don't care about updates, new versions of android etc then I couldn't fault it.

zep wrote: »
    That's a hard call. I will admit that the P30 Pro is a great phone, excellent camera, battery life, nice size. I'm a little underwhelmed by the screen brightness but I did place a screen protector on as soon as I got it so maybe that is the issue.
    I'm very pis**ed that I paid €800 for a phone that may have update issues depending on the current situation.
    If you want the latest and greatest updates then I probably say hold off for now.
    If you want a great phone but don't care about updates, new versions of android etc then I couldn't fault it.

But isn't there also the issue of google related apps being removed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

py2006 wrote:

Only for future updates and models I believe. Current models have Play Store support.

Open to correction but this is my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mmrs

Has anyone else had an ad appear on their lockscreen? I have the magazine unlock feature on and I've been getting sponsored images from a Booking website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Ads are not going to do Huawei any favours, esp with their current woes

mmrs wrote: »
    Has anyone else had an ad appear on their lockscreen? I have the magazine unlock feature on and I've been getting sponsored images from a Booking website.
    Yeah, that has been coming up on mine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Just an FYI, received an update yesterday where WIFI calling is now available (Vodafone)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Johnboy316 wrote: »
    Just an FYI, received an update yesterday where WIFI calling is now available (Vodafone)

i have had that feature working since launch on Eir.
    Just got an update last night though 9.1.0.161 with the main feature being more natural colours on photos!
    https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-p30-pro-camera-update-995300/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You can either disable the travel category in magazine settings or when you see them appear on the lock screen swipe up from the bottom of the screen and delete them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You can either disable the travel category in magazine settings or when you see them appear on the lock screen swipe up from the bottom of the screen and delete them

Yeah, the swipe up and delete them option is the handiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Haven't noticed on mine yet, also using the same unlock feature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Keith186 wrote: »
    Haven't noticed on mine yet, also using the same unlock feature

yeah booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

py2006 wrote: »

Hey, no fear of any google apps being removed. The issue won't affect the play store or any apps. It only related to the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Really looking to get the P30 Pro after seeing it on display, but with whats going on right now need to hold off. When should we know for sure whats going to happen?

zep wrote: »
    Hey, no fear of any google apps being removed. The issue won't affect the play store or any apps. It only related to the OS.

I thought I read somewhere that google were to remove their apps from their phones? Could have been scare mongering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Cracking on with Android Q (EMUI 10) anyway.

https://www.xda-developers.com/emui-10-android-q-huawei-p30-pro/

Should be fixed now: https://9to5google.com/2019/06/14/huawei-booking-ads-lockscreen/
    The advertising pics already on the phone will have to be deleted as youcancallmeal describes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Any way of getting slow motion videos to upload to Google Photos as slow motion? They just upload to mine as normal speed whereas when I recorded them on my Pixel 3 they would upload as slo-mo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭GIMP

Anyone on Vodafone know if Wifi calling and Volte are working on P30 pro?

When I make a call it still drops back to 3g and I tested WiFi calling in Aeroplane mode but it doesn't work!

• Advertisement

GIMP wrote: »
    Anyone on Vodafone know if Wifi calling and Volte are working on P30 pro?

When I make a call it still drops back to 3g and I tested WiFi calling in Aeroplane mode but it doesn't work!

Nope neither are working on my P30 pro.

The option for WiFi Calling is there but it never actually works. The option for VoLTE Calls is not there however.

According to Vodafone these are the phones that support both at the moment:

iPhone SE
    iPhone 6/6 Plus
    iPhone 6s/6s Plus
    iPhone 7/7 Plus
    iPhone 8/8 Plus/X
    iPhone Xs/Xs Max/Xr
    Samsung S8/S8+
    Samsung S9/S9+
    Samsung S10/S10e/S10+
    Samsung Note 8/Note 9

Thanks for confirming.

I also noticed an issue with mine regarding Auto brightness, it keeps activating while toggled off. I know reboots reactivate it, has anyone experience this?

Thanks for confirming.

I also noticed an issue with mine regarding Auto brightness, it keeps activating while toggled off. I know reboots reactivate it, has anyone experience this?

Yep! Incredibly annoying to say the least.

Yep! Incredibly annoying to say the least.

Agreed! I used to be able to use a profiles app on all my previous androids to control screen brightness for various scenarios, indoors, bright sunlight etc., this function seems to be blocked by Huawei.

Agreed! I used to be able to use a profiles app on all my previous androids to control screen brightness for various scenarios, indoors, bright sunlight etc., this function seems to be blocked by Huawei.

Think I read somewhere before that theres an option in developer settings if you enable it, the option prevents the screen from dimming or something.

I'll see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

9.1.0.178 update on EIR today, Huawei outstrip Samsung when it comes to software updates.

huawei_p30_emui_9.1.0.178_ota_changelog.jpg

Think I read somewhere before that theres an option in developer settings if you enable it, the option prevents the screen from dimming or something.

I'll see if I can find it.

Ya its "Increase readability under sunlight" that is switched off.
    I found if you switch "Animator duration scale" to 0.5x , I had all animations switched off. This appears to remove the screen flicker when switching between dark or bright background apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hmm, might redo my fingerprints then

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hmm, might redo my fingerprints then

Redid mine there now and its incredibly faster after the latest update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Cotts72

caught in two minds about the OP7 Pro v the P30 Pro,the camera in the p30 being a big draw but the screen and OS being scrutinized in some reviews. Has anyone moved from one to the other that can somewhat advise

Advertisement