Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now, I don't know how many Imams the animal rights group counts among its membership, but let me hazard a guess.
    Maybe...ummm... None?
    As long as we’re hazarding flippant guesses that add nothing to the discourse: I’ll say 72,578.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

recedite wrote: »
    If its not Halal, then its Haram for a Muslim to consume it, unless there is a famine.

Correct Halal mean Lawful/Permitted, Haram means forbidden so it's either one or the other. There is no in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ll say 72,578.

Sure why not 42 million.

You are attempting to discredit AI’s ability as an animal rights group to interpret and convey what is and isn’t halal, but you present yourself as an armchair expert on the subject. I just find it odd. That’s all. I’m not sure what your accreditation is to discount theirs. I’m still also unclear what this has to do with bread.

• Advertisement

So the ordinary Allah-fearing Muslims of Palestine, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt and Turkey are being conned into eating meat that is Haram?
    This is an outrage. You should contact the relevant governments and inform them.

You do of course realize there are both Sunni and Shia Muslims, often in proportion among the population of Muslim majority countries, that which also have populations that are not Muslim. It would be hence pretty narrow minded to assume all of their livestock practices follow one rule or another. Indeed, Ireland’s livestock practices are not 100% Catholic

I’m still also unclear what this has to do with bread.
    Who said it had anything to do with bread?
    Deliberately conflating the two just to get a cheap laugh is a bad joke that is getting a bit stale at this stage.

stale - at least my jokes are original.

If you think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Gems has received another Youtube ban. She must be coming near the final ban at this stage

• Advertisement

Gerry G wrote: »
    Gems has received another Youtube ban. She must be coming near the final ban at this stage
    More no-platforming. Silicon Valley tech firms have a clear bias against users on the right side of the political spectrum. As Mark says himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

More no-platforming. Silicon Valley tech firms have a clear bias against users on the right side of the political spectrum. As Mark says himself.

All who's thoughts are judged to be too far to the right will be no platformed. Liberal social media companies are judge, jury and executioner.

A giant safe space echo chamber bubble will be formed but eventually it's occupants will virtue signal themselves into suffocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shes spouting xenophobic trash and outright lies to attract thickos for her own profit every night. These people are too stupid top know better. A ban is probably a good idea.

Give her a megaphone and let her at it on Grafton St or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

If its not Halal, then its Haram for a Muslim to consume it, unless there is a famine.
    Red firstly I dont believe your interpretation of Muslim beliefs and law.
    Previously you were moaning about an animal rights organisation being unqualified to make such statements.
    Given you previous lie about halal practices, I think you are far far less trustworhty that them.

Once again you are bravely ignoring points you cannot address.
    You lied about the content of the articles you posted.

Oh no, now who will warn people about chemtrails and sinister muslim bread?!
    Who will expose the next school shooting as a hoax?

King Mob wrote: »
    Red firstly I dont believe your interpretation of Muslim beliefs and law.
    Seek out an Imam and consult him. I see Al Quadri has his name on the Halal certs. He seems an approachable guy. You'll find him in the Blanchardstown mosque on Friday.
    If western Muslims could lawfully (under sharia) eat meat from animals killed in the normal western way, why would they bother sourcing Halal meat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Blueshoe wrote: »
    All who's thoughts are judged to be too far to the right will be no platformed. Liberal social media companies are judge, jury and executioner.

A giant safe space echo chamber bubble will be formed but eventually it's occupants will virtue signal themselves into suffocation.

Good thing there's free speech platforms like Gab and Bitchute as an alternative form of social media. Also they're working on a platform that allows live streaming also.

Seek out an Imam and consult him. I see Al Quadri has his name on the Halal certs. He seems an approachable guy. You'll find him in the Blanchardstown mosque on Friday.
    Why would I do this?
    You keep making these suggestions as if you think they are some kind of killing argument winner. They really aren't.

You again ignore the points in my post because you are unable to address them.
    If western Muslims could lawfully (under sharia) eat meat from animals killed in the normal western way, why would they bother sourcing Halal meat?
    Why are you asking this question when it has nothing to do with the topic?
    Why do you expect an answer when you've done nothing but dodge and avoid and ignore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

The Nal wrote: »

Shes spouting xenophobic trash and outright lies to attract thickos for her own profit every night. These people are too stupid top know better. A ban is probably a good idea.

Give her a megaphone and let her at it on Grafton St or wherever.

What ' outright lies & xenophobic trash' is she spouting?

trixiebust wrote: »
    What ' outright lies & xenophobic trash' is she spouting?
    For out right lies she is claiming that chemtrails exist, that some school shooting are goverment planned hoaxes and that the HPV vaccine ia dangerous.
    She seems to latch onto a lot on conspiracy theories that grab attention.

• Advertisement

Chemtrails... wether they exist or not I don't care tbh.

That 'some' school shooting is as vague as it gets.

Her xenophobic stuff I presume is referring to asylum seekers? Most of who have no right to be here in the first place?

I think you are doing a lot of generalisation based on not a whole load of facts..

Chemtrails... wether they exist or not I don't care tbh.
    No, they dont exist. There isnt a vast international conspiracy to have airliners spraying an unknown chemical into the air every day all around the globe for some unknown reason.
    Saying that they do exist is a lie if you have a lick of sense.
    Saying that its an open question is just silly.
    that 'some' school shooting is as vague as it gets.
    Whats vague about it?
    Would you like me to dig up the tweet about it?

Also you missed her claims about vaccines.
    Her xenophobic stuff I presume is referring to asylum seekers? Most of who have no right to be here in the first place?

I think you are doing a lot of generalisation based on not a whole load of facts..
    Lol.
    Irony.

I don't care about her or your opinions on chemtrails & wether they exist or not, couldn't give a sh1t about them.

You referenced 'some' school shooting. I actually have don't know what you are referring to, so I'll have to take your word on it.

Vaccines, again I don't care what her opinion on them is. I'm vaccinated, presume you were too & I'm not dead yet so let her have her opinion on it I say. Paid & elected politicians come up with far more outrageous stuff every day & actually get very well compensated for their stupid ideas.

I have watched numerous streams of her's & the three points above I can honestly say I have never heard her talk about.

I'm sure she has, but the way you are portraying it you would think that's all she speaks of.

She has some ideas I don't agree with tbh, but I believe she makes some very valid points, regarding corruption in Ireland & the amount of asylum seekers who have no right to be in the country in the first place.

I don't care about her or your opinions on chemtrails & wether they exist or not, couldn't give a sh1t about them.

You referenced 'some' school shooting. I actually have don't know what you are referring to, so I'll have to take your word on it.

Vaccines, again I don't care what her opinion on them is. I'm vaccinated, presume you were too & I'm not dead yet so let her have her opinion on it I say. Paid & elected politicians come up with far more outrageous stuff every day & actually get very well compensated for their stupid ideas.

I have watched numerous streams of her's & the three points above I can honestly say I have never heard her talk about.

I'm sure she has, but the way you are portraying it you would think that's all she speaks of.

She has some ideas I don't agree with tbh, but I believe she makes some very valid points, regarding corruption in Ireland & the amount of asylum seekers who have no right to be in the country in the first place.
    You asked for examples of her lies, I provided them.

I never said thats all she talks about or said or did anything that would br considered "portraying".
    No idea where you are getting that from.

What I dont get is why you think her opinions on other topics are valid when she believes something as ridiculous as chemtrails.
    It shows that either she's stupid enough to believe it for real, therefore demostrating a gullibility and lack of critical thinking skills.
    Or she doesnt really believe it, but promotes it anyways, showing that shes willing to endorse abject nonsense fiction to gain attention and profit.

I would be wondering if she is the same with all her opinions...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,219 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SYL Given 9 months in the slammer, pity it wasn't 9 years.

not as long as i was hoping for. I wonder is that 9 months in addition to the time he has already served.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

not as long as i was hoping for. I wonder is that 9 months in addition to the time he has already served.

Says he'll be behind bars for just under 10 weeks.

Some people don’t want certain bread; other people don’t want certain users on their platform.

Some people don’t want certain bread; other people don’t want certain users on their platform.

Love how they call it "no platforming" no one is stopping them from setting up their own site ans spouting their shìte, they are jusy upset because the ones that generate the most clicks (and revenue for them) don't allow them to spew whatever bile they like.

They think a sites T&C's don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,219 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Says he'll be behind bars for just under 10 weeks.

a pity.

• Advertisement

a pity.

He's a gobshìte so it won't be long before he fùcks up and ends up back in front of a judge.

Repeat offenders gonna repeat.

Advertisement