Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

Ronan G17 wrote: »
    Any idea what time the return coach is picking up going back to dublin after the gig?

Yeah also booked a ticket on this bus. I just e - mailed them there to find out about the return journey details, will post when I hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

fafy wrote: »
    2nd night of 9 gig Euro tour for Neil Young, he played a good few new ones last night, about 12 tracks different to the first night in Denmark, so after 2 gigs he’s played 32 tracks so far:

Neil Young
    2019-07-02
    Elbufer, Dresden, Germany
    w/ Promise Of The Real

That is a fantastic set list I've seen him live 3 times and yet to hear powderfinger which is one of my all time favourites, so hope he plays it twice again :P

I'm at Hyde Park on Friday so really looking forward

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

The Nal wrote: »
    Good stuff, lots of Crazy Hoss

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

poundhound wrote: »
    @ Phunkadelic Re "Yeah Neil does greatest hits with that band (promise of Real). It's only with Crazy Horse that he does the extended jams".

Were you at the last NY + POTR show at the 3arena?
    Extended jams were the order of the day.

I was there yep.

Jams yes, maybe I misworded it. But not half as much of the noisy/feedback shredding as he was doing with Crazy Horse in RDS a few years before.
    He got in 21 songs in 3arena with POTR, https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-promise-of-the-real/2016/3arena-dublin-ireland-13fe2d79.html
    And only managed 13 in the RDS with Crazy Horse, as he was doing the feedback thing for ages on multiple songs. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-and-crazy-horse/2013/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-1bd9c930.html
    I like both in fairness but I think the POTR setup is probably more welcoming to casual fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,056 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with the hurling on at 2pm every pub around the area is going to be packed and will be hard enough to get dinner

Prob head too Matt the millers or left bank. Prob be ****e food vans in Nowlan Park anyway that will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Comerman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the hurling on at 2pm every pub around the area is going to be packed and will be hard enough to get dinner

Prob head too Matt the millers or left bank. Prob be ****e food vans in Nowlan Park anyway that will do
    I'm going to get an early start to the day so having the dinner at half eight in the morning. Can't wait for the gig and sesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Comerman wrote: »
    I'm going to get an early start to the day so having the dinner at half eight in the morning. Can't wait for the gig and sesh.

That's an old D'unbelieveables joke

s8n wrote: »
    That's an old D'unbelieveables joke
    Jazus your sharp ;-) you hardly really believe I'm having the dinner at 8.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

PTH2009 wrote: »

The food bus out the back of Billy Byrnes is top notch!

Yep and Langton will probably have the games on in the Set like he did with Springsteen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Thinking of going to this lads. Are any of you getting a bus back to Dublin after the gig?

Has a late bus back to Dublin been announced?!
    Last I heard was nada!

Zero accommodation to be had either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If you liked the Eddie Vedder gig you need to go see Neil Young, he's the master. Eddie's gig was good but not a patch on when Neil played the 3 arena last.

There's nobody greater than Neil. That gig in 2016 with POTR was one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

A call to arms for anyone still wavering:

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭fafy

Nice tip, will check it out

Sunny and 20c reported for Sunday

Wow could be a great day. Getting the train up so might try Langtons for the game and then head in for Hansard

Bit of a long shot but anyone know of buses going to the gig via Abbeyleix? Staying there and can drive in but would prefer to be able to have the option of a pint or two at the gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭nokiatom

are you allowed to bring a small back pack into the stadium"?

nokiatom wrote: »
    are you allowed to bring a small back pack into the stadium"?

This is never an issue, you can bring a large one in also, it will be checked for the usual banned items.

https://aikenpromotions.com/index.php?option=com_thelist&task=show.press_file_download&name=1562326610BobDylanNeilYoungNowlanParkKilkennyFAQs.pdf

Good stuff, lots of Crazy Hoss

He did On The Beach in Antwerp last night...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

Cant wait for this now! Did anyone hear of anywhere doing camping for one man and his tent, I asked O'Loughlin Gaels and they are not doing camping for this gig. Any tips would be very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mrk75 wrote: »

Fúcking hell!

Look at this setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-promise-of-the-real/2019/sportpaleis-merksem-belgium-4b9ea74e.html

Cant wait for this now! Did anyone hear of anywhere doing camping for one man and his tent, I asked O'Loughlin Gaels and they are not doing camping for this gig. Any tips would be very welcome.
    Try here
    http://www.cillinhill.com/

http://kilkennycamping.com/

Nice, and another few new ones on this tour. 46 tracks played across the 6 Euro gigs. I don’t know anyone who does this volume of constant setlist changes

The Nal wrote: »

Superb. It's like a mix of the Live Rust and Weld albums...with other cool stuff thrown in.

I'd love to hear Change Your Mind live. If I'm greedy, then also Revolution Blues and I'm The Ocean....:D

Watching the dylan biopic 'I'm not there' great movie

Really wish it the was the folk Dylan we were seeing on Sunday and not many 2019 one. At least I can say I saw him live

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

PTH2009 wrote:
    Really wish it the was the folk Dylan we were seeing on Sunday and not many 2019 one. At least I can say I saw him live

No folk left at all but he really has had a kick ass band the last few times I have seen him. I prefer the folk too but he still has a good funky sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Wish I was going. love Neil Young met him a few years ago and found him to be a very nice but shy man, even so chatted for a few minutes before he got in his car

bob dylans never ending tour has visited many irish locations

Dublin (RDS, Vicar Street, Point, 3Arena)
    Waterford (Tramore Racecourse)
    Limerick (Thomond Park)
    Cork (Marquee)
    Galway (Pearse Stadium)
    Kilkenny (Nowlan Park x2 soon to be 3 times)
    Belfast (Ulster hall, Odessey)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Superb. It's like a mix of the Live Rust and Weld albums...with other cool stuff thrown in.

I'd love to hear Change Your Mind live. If I'm greedy, then also Revolution Blues and I'm The Ocean....:D

There's no doubt that Neil and POTR are going to steal the show. Neil is still near the top of his game live.

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    There's no doubt that Neil and POTR are going to steal the show. Neil is still near the top of his game live.

Spot on,
    This guy is unreal, keeps changing it, both on albums and live.

If anyone has not heard the solo accoustic live gig from Vicar Street,2003, its on Spotify.

Context is everything, no one who attended, had previously heard any of the “Greendale” album, and he played the whole lot, explaining it all - taking 90 minutes to do so, then he did another hour of a selection from his bast back catalogue,(not on the release) the album didn’t come out for another few months, those gigs were my first NY gig, and have been hooked ever since, a late comer yes, but have been following him very closely ever since. He never stops, its hard to keep up with him.

Advertisement