Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I don’t have a strong view on the race, just figured I’d play at that price. Threw in the tricast 2-4-1 for small change. If it lands, I’ll be drinking a few zacappa rums later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Kentucky Derby may not be a good form indicator here. I think AlwaysMining is an interesting one and will be having a punt with 9/1 and 4 places available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

PC..... I’ve been trying to message you the last couple weeks. Your inbox is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ft9 wrote: »
    PC..... I’ve been trying to message you the last couple weeks. Your inbox is full.

Just call round to his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sent him a Whatsapp there for you ft9 to get his inbox sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Sent him a Whatsapp there for you ft9 to get his inbox sorted!

Awwww Whatsapp friends :pac:

For my sins :pac: Boards brought us together many years ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yates just bought Interconnected who finished second to Emiton for 620k.

Nearly a million spent on 3 horses in the last few months.

15,000 attended the curragh this weekend for 3 days of racing or about 5,000 a day. You’d get a bigger crowd in Ballinrobe( and that’s no disrespect to that fine facility but the closest they will ever get to hosting a classic is if a vintage car parks in the car park)

Hopefully with the new facilities it will get bigger crowds in the years ahead . It deserves a better attendance

Racing post editing really gone to the dogs. They have an article on page 7 regarding a race at goodwood “continued from front page” yet the front page has no mention of race or article . It even starts mid sentence with the rest missing comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

BumperD wrote: »
    Racing post editing really gone to the dogs. They have an article on page 7 regarding a race at goodwood “continued from front page” yet the front page has no mention of race or article . It even starts mid sentence with the rest missing comical

Been like that for a while.

Not purchased it since the last increase before Cheltenham

Guess it's what you get when it's a virtual monopoly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Whatsapp fwiend

Yabo’s run behind gypsy island reads very well and unless there is something exceptional lurking amongst the newcomers should be good enough to beat this lot in the last at Ballinrobe. Money this morning from 14’s suggests it’s up for it. Still 8’s available which is very good value imo

15,000 attended the curragh this weekend for 3 days of racing or about 5,000 a day. You’d get a bigger crowd in Ballinrobe( and that’s no disrespect to that fine facility but the closest they will ever get to hosting a classic is if a vintage car parks in the car park)

Hopefully with the new facilities it will get bigger crowds in the years ahead . It deserves a better attendance

I literally drove past it on the N7 around 3pm on Saturday and wouldn't have noticed the racing was on... Really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I literally drove past it on the N7 around 3pm on Saturday and wouldn't have noticed the racing was on... Really odd.

The brother drove past and said he couldn’t see anyone in the stand either , thought they weren’t letting people into it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Full brother to Douvan sold at the Derby Sale for €140,000 to Michael Shefflin, who usually buys for Ellemarie Holden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Anyone else having problems with Bet365 site and app??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Looks like the Racing Paper (weekend alternative to Racing Post) is ceasing trading

Note on page 2 saying it is the last Racing Paper for the foreseeable future due to circumstances beyond our control

Shame for £1.90 for the weekend racing it was good value - needed some fine tuning but sad to see it go

Not sure if it ever made it over to Ireland

I watched that RTE investigative program on greyhound racing, quite brutal. Had to turn it off . It’s on YouTube if anyone cares to watch it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I watched that RTE investigative programme on greyhound racing, quite brutal. Had to turn it off . It’s on YouTube if anyone cares to watch it

I haven't seen it yet but I have followed the dogs for years and I am not surprised. It is awful. There is an entire thread on the programme. I was going to post but it would feel like pissing into the wind with some of the comments. An awful lot of animal rights posters, plenty getting their digs in at Horse Racing and jumping also.

A lot of posters were saying that the sport should be boycotted... if they want to kill more pups that is exactly what they need to be doing. The reason for the cull has been the sport is in decline, see the closure of Harolds Cross for starters. The less people who attend the races the more dogs that will be culled, it is that simple.

I have no issue with using animals in sports or work or in life. I will watch the programme but I am not looking forward to it at all.

But I would emphasise to anyone having reservations about supporting the industry after seeing the documentary that by not participating you are simply turning your back on a sport which has existed in Ireland for thousands of years.

The dept of Agriculture needs to step up, as does Bord Na cGon. They can do it but they will need support.

• Advertisement

I got a retired greyhound as a pet a few years back and it was shit scared and wouldn't let you pet it for months. Would say it was treated horribly.

Couldn't bring myself to watch that programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Great ride from frankie on coronet in France there

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I watched that RTE investigative program on greyhound racing, quite brutal. Had to turn it off . It’s on YouTube if anyone cares to watch it

My brother was telling me about it, felt sick after what he told me

Wonder is band of outlaws Galway hurdle bound, runs tomorrow in the traditional prep race

Darren Yates who spunked over a million on Don Poli, Blaklion and Interconnected has taken all his horses off Phil Kirby. If you've that sort of money why on earth would you send them to Kirby in the first place. He's a good trainer to be fair but surely you'd go a Henderson type trainer if you're loaded.

Oh and it's not really going to matter who trains Don Poli and Blaklion though but Interconnected looks like he could be a beast. Still overpriced by a good 400k though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Just an odd little thing with the Racing Post results section. Today they give the result of a 2yo maiden at Gunnedah track in Australia. No other results from the track, but the result of this single 2yo 5f £6,187 race and there was nothing spectacular about the performance of the winner.

It's not the first time that I saw one of these nondescript 2yo Australian races coming up on its own on the Racing Post results without any context being given.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bullwall

tryfix wrote: »
    Just an odd little thing with the Racing Post results section. Today they give the result of a 2yo maiden at Gunnedah track in Australia. No other results from the track, but the result of this single 2yo 5f £6,187 race and there was nothing spectacular about the performance of the winner.

It's not the first time that I saw one of these nondescript 2yo Australian races coming up on its own on the Racing Post results without any context being given.

Am I missing something?
    Anything to do with the sire ?
    I sometimes see postings by Coolmore etc. If one of their sires win overseas .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lads any fancy for the July Cup? Like Advertise myself with Mr frankie on board

Advertisement