Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Lads, anyone here ever work in Risk for a Bookmaker? I need some information if you can help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Maximum security is 9/2 fav on track but available at 9/1 with Bet365 for the derby at Kentucky coming up seems fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

BumperD wrote: »
    Maximum security is 9/2 fav on track but available at 9/1 with Bet365 for the derby at Kentucky coming up seems fair

Very very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Noticed the money coming but missed this post

That horse is something special to win like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Fu*king state of those conditions. Yank racing is the pits.

Anytime you watch a triple crown race its always run in a swamp it seems.

If that was at Southwell it would be abandoned

• Advertisement

I was there in November and it turned from swamp to firm in a few hours the drainage is incredible. Looks worse than it is Andrew

If not getting spooked he would've hosed up by 5 lengths. Some great looking horse. Big stewards enquiry here because to it.

I agree about the state of this track. It evens looks as if horses should be slipping left and right, especially with the sharp turns.

I was there in November and it turned from swamp to firm in a few hours the drainage is incredible. Looks worse than it is Andrew

Fair enough. Just looks dreadful

That was a strange disqualification but I’d say that :)

Wow, disqualified :eek: Do Bet365 do first past the post on American racing?

• Advertisement

Absolutely rancid

I don’t think so Re first past post

I don’t think so Re first past post

I'm reading that, where fixed odds are offered on US races, they pay out first past the post. So should be ok with 365. Still waiting for settlement though

Double Result Offer:
    We will pay out on both the disqualified horse and the official winner on all Win and Each Way bets on Horse Racing in the UK and Ireland, as well as US Racing where Fixed Odds are offered. This offer applies to Ante-Post bets, Each Way Extra bets, Betting Without bets, Enhanced Win bets, Cover Bets, Place Only bets, Not To Be Placed bets, Forecasts and Tricasts. No more waiting for a steward’s enquiry - first past the post is the winner! All other markets, including Tote bets, Not to Win bets, Match Bets and Jollies And Rags bets are excluded from this offer.

We might be lucky :D

Crowd booing. In fairness Bill Mott was opportunistic in the extreme vocally calling for the winner to the thrown out yet his horse suffered no interference

Paid out as winner b365

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Absolutely rancid

100%

Ridiculous

Paid out as winner b365

Another reason why I only bet with them. I was 90% that bookies wouldn't do double results on US racing.

Now that it's not pocket talk - That decision was a joke and really makes me wonder if the Americans have a clue. 2nd place not even hampered and the winner the best horse by a mile. He hampered himself as much as any of the other horses. Lost plenty of lengths running out a few lanes and coming back in. Shocker of a decision and the trainer of Country House annoyed me the most ...

"I don't wanna make the stewards decision for them but ... yes, he should be disqualified"

Before decision was made - "If this was a maiden claimer the decision would already be made that he is disqualified but there's 100,000 people here and it's the Kentucky Derby"

Honestly f*ck off

Bill Motts comments were fairly poor, doubt his country house wins another race :pac:

Even the connections of Country House are shocked and I can tell they know their horse didn't deserve to win whatsoever

• Advertisement

Gonna be funny seeing Maximum Security go on to win at Belmont and the Preakness.

Wonder how many bookies paid out on this?

They're not worth betting with if they didn't

mailburner wrote: »
    Wonder how many bookies paid out on this?

They're not worth betting with if they didn't

Based on their written rules, from the main ones I looked at 365 and Skybet the only ones who say they'll pay out on US double results. Hopefully the likes of PP and Boyles make exceptions for this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just watched the replay there, ****ing ridiculous the horse was thrown out for that, mind bottling considering there was absolutely no interference to the second.

Well done for getting paid all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

There were a lot of horses all over the shop on that track at the bend. Given the distance the horse shouldn't have been thrown out. Surely it will be appealed. Best horse was the one that was in front going away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

On the US rules I think it was the correct decision, horse clearly interfered with others on turn in and cost one of those horses any chance as a result. Maximum Security was almost certainly best horse but the US rules are much stricter and were applied correctly. If I was trainer or jockey of 2nd I would 100% be arguing my case.

Hahaha :)

The 2nd had no case. None

Hahaha :)

The 2nd had no case. None
    Unanimous decision of professional race stewards who know the rules inside out would suggest otherwise

Also they ended up placing the first past the post in 17th place, one place behind Long Range Toddy, which was lowest placed horse he was deemed to have interfered with. For better or worse that was the correct application of their rules and Mott was right in saying what he said really, I think it's nonsense personally but those are the rules.

• Advertisement

Unanimous decision of professional race stewards who know the rules inside out would suggest otherwise

Hahaha think you missed the point.

Never knew you as such a stickler for laws and rules. :pac:

Advertisement