Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What's Mandroiu like week to week? He's looked good the few games I've seen him this year

Too good for Bohs! I reckon he'll go on to have a good career. Great first touch and technically a world apart from the rest on the team, with Keith Ward a distant second. He's been capped a U21 level previously, he'll pull on the green shirt again I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd love to go to a Galway United game in town, only problem is I don't know anyone who'd be interested in going/tagging along.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd love to go to a Galway United game in town, only problem is I don't know anyone who'd be interested in going, tagging along.

Would you not head along for a bit of fresh air and a bit of live football solo? Clear the head for an hour or two and just enjoy? That's what I did for a while when my mates stopped going and I still enjoyed it. You inevitably get chatting to people there at the games and it goes from there. Now I'm up and down the country every other week with loads of boys I didn't know maybe 3 years ago. Did an away to the UK and all last year and maybe will do Europe next year if we qualify. I'm sure you could get someone to join you all the same. Go for a pint before maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Too good for Bohs! I reckon he'll go on to have a good career. Great first touch and technically a world apart from the rest on the team, with Keith Ward a distant second. He's been capped a U21 level previously, he'll pull on the green shirt again I'd say.

I always liked Keith Ward when he was at Oriel, such a tidy player. Had a few awful injuries with us but I'm glad he bounced back & has done well since leaving.
    I'd love to go to a Galway United game in town, only problem is I don't know anyone who'd be interested in going/tagging along.

Yeah you could do the football billy-no-mates, chances are you'd end up chatting away to the people around you anyway as its the same faces. You can use the pub angle too to convince mates; there are few better ways to have a couple pints than before/after/during a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who ???
    OTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Listening to a bit of Tool recently, very good band and weird videos

Would of known them by name but not there music. Think they wont give the rights to there stuff for streaming services

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Listening to a bit of Tool recently, very good band and weird videos

Would of known them by name but not there music. Think they wont give the rights to there stuff for streaming services

This post made me unreasonably happy today - you got your "to's right dude!".

Tool was a band i never got into. Are they like Prog Rock or something?

They'll probably put all their music on streaming services when their long awaited new album, is FINALLY released in the last week of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why would they not have their music on Spotify etc in 2019?

The money from it is pitiful but the ease of access to get new fans must compensate somewhat for that, I only got into Ghost when they were supporting Metallica and it was easy to just put on their Spotify playlist and they had a new fan, if they ever come back to Ireland I'll be buying tickets release day

I'm sure there's a nice lump of money for established bands, I'm not entirely sure how it works.

• Advertisement

I'm sure there's a nice lump of money for established bands, I'm not entirely sure how it works.

It took Ac/Dc ages to go onto Spotify and i think Oasis were the same. Theres a few artists who refuse to be on spotify including Cowboy Garth Brooks

Very good service remember the years of downloading songs and burning them too CDs. The ipod/mp3 player is going out of fashion fast

Any musicians here ??

Remember years ago I was able too play guitar well but as the years went by lost interest and nowadays I'd struggle with a a G chord ha

Anyway always had it my head the Bass seems like a much easier option and any semi good bassist could make a living from it. Are my opinions on it wrong and is the bass more complicated then it looks ???

Any musicians here ??

I play my own flute from time to time

Exam results were excellent today, ticket punched for graduating from NUIG in November.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Exam results were excellent today, ticket punched for graduating from NUIG in November.

Congratulations mate, that's brilliant! :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Congratulations mate, that's brilliant! :)

Cheers amigo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Congrats L :D

Off now with ya into the working world, you won't have time for boards soon enough :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Congrats L :D

Off now with ya into the working world, you won't have time for boards soon enough :pac:

I'm well ahead of you there, already working :pac::pac:

The new Alter Bridge track of their forthcoming Walk The Sky album. And if you choose to believe their Twitter, they'll be back on these shores in 2020 for a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lewis Capaldi is using Shane McMahon's theme tune Here Comes The Money when coming on stage maybe WM for his feud with Noel Gallagher :p

• Advertisement

Personal post here (a lot doesn't make sense in which I apologise).

Guys and gals mental health is the most important thing ever. If u ever feel down talk to someone dont matter who. I had a great night in Dublin last night for Eddie Vedder but at about 4am I lost it and I mean lost it and I'm lucky to be here. Scary thing when tension hits me hard I can get physical and it's not fare on anyone too witness that. Professional help is needed for me and I dont want to live my life like this anymore. Not fare on my elderly dad.

I need too get it out there I'm an insomniac and a lot of my mental health suffers from that. I have a very low speaking voice and the word What can frustrate me. I prob think I can survive on 4 hours sleep a night but the fact is I'm probably doing more damage. I do workout and stuff which helps but prob not getting the full benefit from it due to lack of sleep. I went too the doc today and he prescribed me sleeping tablets and I'm hoping these work.

As much as I love my concert lifestyle I need to sort out other things in my life now. Bob Dylan/Neil young in Kilkenny is the next one and a happier PTH will be attendance please god. I'm almost 30 and its time to start acting that way and suck it all up

PTH2009

Gonna throw my own experience in a bit with this post but all I can say is that the best thing for anyone in a crisis is patience. Obviously it's an awful lot easier said than done and finding it can be a challenge. I had my own thing and finally something happened that made me think things would change. Looking back it was the idea that changes were coming that actually made the changes happen. Thankfully, again, I was only a danger to myself so the patience thing is easier to practice when you're not worried about causing damage to other people who don't deserve it.

Take it easy man, get some sleep and take it from there.
    Medium/long-term, if you're drinking or anything else regularly you have to knock it on the head. No one thing is going to make everything better. You have to do everything you can to give yourself the best chance to get to a better place in your life.

(I would argue that being able to get good sleep is more important than talking to someone, it was for me, but that's just splitting hairs. :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Take care of yourselves guys :)

So I'm just back from over a month in the States, mix of work and pleasure. I got VIP access to see Alexisonfire in LA, Mastodon/Coheed and Cambria and Everytime I Die in Vegas and then the original Misfits, Distillers and Rise Against in LA again, it was amazing!

Something life changing happened there too, I was successful in getting an amazing job in Seattle so will be moving there later this year. Beyond excited for it even though I'll be leaving some great things behind here.

Ooh seeing the original Misfits, I'm envious...

Ooh seeing the original Misfits, I'm envious...

It was great, saw them last year in NJ but this time smashed that, Glenn was in great form and they played Come Back for the first time in over 40 years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking jealous of some of those bands, I'd love to see Alexisonfire, Rise Against (I saw them before but that was 3-4 albums ago), and Distillers.

Congrats on the job!

Angron wrote: »
    Fecking jealous of some of those bands, I'd love to see Alexisonfire, Rise Against (I saw them before but that was 3-4 albums ago), and Distillers.

Congrats on the job!

Thanks a million!

Alexis are my all time favourite band ever, I've seen them live 42 times and usually follow them on their tours. I know Dallas, Chris and Wade pretty well and email back and forth with them a lot so get some cool access to the shows.

Seeing one band 42 times? That is beyond dedicated..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a friend that over the last 25 years has seen Springsteen over 100 times live all around the world.

For years himself and the Mrs would book their holidays to travel and see him in concert.

• Advertisement

Find some superfans highly annoying and some actually think there important and there egos explode

It's a fair achievement too follow a band around the world but it must get boring and repetitive

Advertisement