Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With my impending move to the States, it looks like I'll have to sell off my huge wrestling DVD collection (about 3k titles!).

I wonder am I better to sell off in bundles or individually? Have some on ebay at the moment anyway to see. WWE ones worth feck all but my ROH/TNA ones seem like they could fetch decent prices.

Will get a list together and throw on Adverts too I guess.

What part you moving to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What part you moving to there?

I'll be moving to Seattle with a certain retail giant named after a rainforest :D It's not the most exciting city these days but the jump in quality of life will be amazing and I have lots of friends there as I've worked here years.

In terms of career path, it's huge for me as I'll now have semi-regular interactions with Jeff and his direct staff so the opportunities will be outstanding. Only a few hours flights from anywhere in California and Vegas etc too so hope to travel to lots of wrestling shows when there. Currently looking at apartments and all that and dealing with the immigration lawyers, tax people and moving companies so it's a bit overwhelming what with starting the new job and doing stuff with my band too but it'll all be worth it in the end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll be moving to Seattle with a certain retail giant named after a rainforest :D It's not the most exciting city these days but the jump in quality of life will be amazing and I have lots of friends there as I've worked here years.

In terms of career path, it's huge for me as I'll now have semi-regular interactions with Jeff and his direct staff so the opportunities will be outstanding. Only a few hours flights from anywhere in California and Vegas etc too so hope to travel to lots of wrestling shows when there. Currently looking at apartments and all that and dealing with the immigration lawyers, tax people and moving companies so it's a bit overwhelming what with starting the new job and doing stuff with my band too but it'll all be worth it in the end.

WOW, that's deadly!

Keep us updated with your travels! Hope it all goes well for you, no doubt it will. When you setting off?

Loughc wrote: »
    WOW, that's deadly!

Keep up updated with your travels! Hope it all goes well for you, no doubt it will. When you setting off?

Thanks a million! Will do for sure! Aiming for the first week of November. My band is a horror punk band so October is a busy time for us so we're recording the album now before I leave :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Duuuuude that is fantastic! That's huge! Congratulations, we're all rooting for you!! Knock 'em dead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Take Care and Keep Checking In ;)

Sounds Amazing, Good Luck

Thanks so much all! I really appreciate it. I've been really lucky with them and hoping the US chapter is as good as the one in Japan was!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a city steeped in music history as well, (Hendrix, Duff McKagan, Nikki Sixx, grunge and the bands associated with it)

Good luck with the move CC.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a city steeped in music history as well, (Hendrix, Duff McKagan, Nikki Sixx, grunge and the bands associated with it)

Good luck with the move CC.

Definitely! Fun fact, Duff McKagan does the airport security announcement haha, threw me the first time I heard it! Sadly the city is very corporate now with ourselves, MS, Google and co running the entire downtown but areas like Belltown, Fremont and a few others still have the nice grungey vibe to them. If anyone ever happens to visit, feel free to reach out, I'd be happy to show ya around!

Thanks again everyone, the community here really is one of the best on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Even if you're not an NFL fan you should go to a Seahawks game for the experience.

Dundalk vs Qarabag last night in Oriel was class, hopefully Rovers can do well tonight

• Advertisement

Definitely! Fun fact, Duff McKagan does the airport security announcement haha, threw me the first time I heard it! Sadly the city is very corporate now with ourselves, MS, Google and co running the entire downtown but areas like Belltown, Fremont and a few others still have the nice grungey vibe to them. If anyone ever happens to visit, feel free to reach out, I'd be happy to show ya around!

Thanks again everyone, the community here really is one of the best on boards.

If there was ever a voice for airport security announcement's, it's definitely Duff's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,988 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only 5 months til xmas ha ha

Time is flying tbf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only 5 months til xmas ha ha

Time is flying tbf

Stop please, it's the 25th of July :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Stop please, it's the 25th of July :pac:

NEVER!!!

For the love of God, please. This is like the one year build to Rock vs Cena........but every year. A gluttonous hog of a holiday! ha ha.

NEVER!!!

Behave yourself :p

jaykhunter wrote: »
    For the love of God, please. This is like the one year build to Rock vs Cena........but every year. A gluttonous hog of a holiday! ha ha.

There's a time and place to mention the C word, and it ain't July.

There's a time and place to mention the C word, and it ain't July.

My bad, Won't mention the C word again. So....Nikki Bella's ex-fiancé...

:pac:

Yes, the man who can't be seen..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dundalk vs Qarabag last night in Oriel was class, hopefully Rovers can do well tonight

Rovers turning on the style alright tonight. Jack Byrne is savage. Well worth their 2-1 lead. Shame on RTE for not bothering their holes to show it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,988 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Omackeral wrote: »
    Rovers turning on the style alright tonight. Jack Byrne is savage. Well worth their 2-1 lead. Shame on RTE for not bothering their holes to show it.

Great to see the LOI clubs doing so well in Europe. Were prob below the next step up but these lads wont give up too easily

Dundalk will struggle with the long trip I think

Mick might have a decision too make for the next Ireland squad some great displays from LOI guys

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mick might have a decision too make for the next Ireland squad some great displays from LOI guys

Jack Byrne is fantastic. He's not long for this league.

Byrne's quality, I'd be surprised if there's not championship interest in him by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »

We'll see how it goes come Saturday, when you enter the octagon against the true Rovers.

My birthday today - the big Three Six. My young fellas tell me i'm "very old" now.:o

Gonna have a pretty mega weekend of it. Saturday, i'm going to a literal Piss up in a brewery, as the White Hag Brewing company hold their 5th year anniverary party "Hagstravaganza" in Ballymote, Co. Sligo. Multiple Brewerys from all over the world, with beers never poured in Ireland before. Music. Food. Merriment.

Then, from half 9, train into Sligo town, where the pub crawl begins. All part of the Hagstravaganza experience.

Along the way, I hope to encounter one Mr. Omackeral where we will stand toe to toe, a battle of East vs West, in an exchange of pint drinking the likes of which Sligo town has never seen.

One man, one desire, one quest. Who will emerge victorious?

Happy Birthday Gerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday gerry. All sounds a bit tame really. Guess it's to be expected at your age. :pac:

Happy Birthday Gerry, where can we buy the East vs West livestream PPV showdown?

Happy Birthday Gerry, where can we buy the East vs West livestream PPV showdown?

I heard Conrad Thompson is doing a podcast about it next week.

• Advertisement

I heard Conrad Thompson is doing a podcast about it next week.

What happened When...

Bruce doing the impressions

Advertisement