Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,571 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday GB

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My birthday today - the big Three Six. My young fellas tell me i'm "very old" now.:o

Gonna have a pretty mega weekend of it. Saturday, i'm going to a literal Piss up in a brewery, as the White Hag Brewing company hold their 5th year anniverary party "Hagstravaganza" in Ballymote, Co. Sligo. Multiple Brewerys from all over the world, with beers never poured in Ireland before. Music. Food. Merriment.

Then, from half 9, train into Sligo town, where the pub crawl begins. All part of the Hagstravaganza experience.

Along the way, I hope to encounter one Mr. Omackeral where we will stand toe to toe, a battle of East vs West, in an exchange of pint drinking the likes of which Sligo town has never seen.

One man, one desire, one quest. Who will emerge victorious?

Happy 36th Gerry.

As for the East vs. West, nailing my flag to the mast, Viva The West.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My birthday today - the big Three Six. My young fellas tell me i'm "very old" now.:o

Gonna have a pretty mega weekend of it. Saturday, i'm going to a literal Piss up in a brewery, as the White Hag Brewing company hold their 5th year anniverary party "Hagstravaganza" in Ballymote, Co. Sligo. Multiple Brewerys from all over the world, with beers never poured in Ireland before. Music. Food. Merriment.

Then, from half 9, train into Sligo town, where the pub crawl begins. All part of the Hagstravaganza experience.

Along the way, I hope to encounter one Mr. Omackeral where we will stand toe to toe, a battle of East vs West, in an exchange of pint drinking the likes of which Sligo town has never seen.

One man, one desire, one quest. Who will emerge victorious?

I'm devastated I didn't see this sooner:(

Hagstravangaza was like a stone's throw away from my front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Necro wrote: »
    I'm devastated I didn't see this sooner:(

Hagstravangaza was like a stone's throw away from my front door!

That's right actually dude, sure i met ya over there one time for a game swap!

Stupid question lads, where exactly in Dublin is The National Stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Stupid question lads, where exactly in Dublin is The National Stadium?
    Near enough to Harrold's Cross.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Code for the FPL fantasy football league for the PW forum for anyone interested:

y20jff

New season kicks off in early August.

Bump.

Deadline is this Friday at 7pm.

Finding it tricky to decide on my team. Pretty sure Salah will be in it and at least one Liverpool defender but unsure on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Doing one of my famous tournaments but it's outside of PW. We're doing Sega classic Street Fighter 2. Come on in and get involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I miss the All Ireland’s being on the first and third Sunday’s of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,987 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I miss the All Ireland’s being on the first and third Sunday’s of September.

Yeah hate these new dates

Tipp the better team today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What way was the match going up until the sending off, who were winning and by how much? Didn't get to watch it but always thought that Tipp would win going by the semi final games. Kilkenny were probably a bit lucky to beat Limerick given how poor we started the game and played in general to only winning the game by a point. I always fancied Tipp after that and their performance against Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Kilkenny started well, tide was certainly going in Tipps favour before sending off.

Tipp defence was sublime, was gutting today for our minor and senior teams being beaten so convincely . Really sucked the fun out of the day to be beaten by 11 and 14 points respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Managed to shift about 300 wrestling DVDs so far so not bad going! Will add some to adverts later this week but if anyone has some they're after in particular, let me know and I'll see if I have it. Have something from pretty much every company.

Tempted to maybe do mystery bags if people would be into it!

Going to the Ireland vs Switzerland game Thursday next in the Aviva. Draw is the best we can hope for I think as we dont have the forwards

Cant wait for the Rugby World Cup. Pity the time difference as it will be hard to find somewhere for a few pints while watching the games. We haven't set the world alight in our warm up games and we face 2 very very tricky opening games. Scotland on the 22nd Sep at 8.45am and then hosts Japan on the 28th Sep at 8.15am

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As I posted in the film forum

south africa deserved winners of the Rugby world cup but its sort of a surprise given not many gave them a chance of winning it. England didnt turn up for the final but had an excellent campaign and could become a force for the next few years. When you beat the All Blacks you never seem to be the same team after. We never went back to ourselves really after last novembers win against them and had a mixed back in 2019 which we didnt sadly reach our potential. Joe did a great job and gave us many great memories. New era of Irish rugby starts next spring

Got into a new weird pastime of snuff (sniffible tabaco). Still getting used to the technique but its grand with a few drinks. I was never a smoker so new to the game. 30 in a few weeks have to leave the crazy side behind ha

We got amazon echoes in the house as a free gift for switching electrical hubs for the heating

Very handy device but has the power to create a lazy bastard in esp if you have a lot of smart devices

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What kind of stuff are u using it for that makes your life a bit easier?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What kind of stuff are u using it for that makes your life a bit easier?

handy for turning on and off things without having to get up and to start playing music on spotify (amazon music for there customers). Few quiz games and stuff on it too

Dont think my lighting setup would be able for Smart bulbs but imagine it would be handy for that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    handy for turning on and off things without having to get up and to start playing music on spotify (amazon music for there customers). Few quiz games and stuff on it too

Dont think my lighting setup would be able for Smart bulbs but imagine it would be handy for that

Handy for listening to the radio, stations from all over the world with Tunein as well.

My wife loves Today FM, and you can create routines, so if i say, Alexa, Today - it will open Tunein and select Today FM.

If i say Alexa, Living Room, it triggers my LED Ambilights to come on, surrounding the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For me it's a timer, alarm and Spotify player. Just has a bad habit of playing covers of songs you ask it to play or other songs by the same name. Have to specify the artist and even then it comes back with some instrumental version.

The Chosen One now at Spurs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Chosen One now at Spurs

Jeff Jarrett?

So what's the Christmas jumper of choice for you this year???

Ordered a 'firefly fire house' one today and have another wwe one and a star wars one

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So what's the Christmas jumper of choice for you this year???

Legitimately ordered this the other day in a hoodie version :pac:

Woman-Yelling-at-Cat-Meme-Ugly-Christmas-Sweater-T-Shirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nice! Where did you pick that up? My buddy would love that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nice! Where did you pick that up? My buddy would love that!

I also want one :pac:

• Advertisement

So this has come and gone, and I'm still on a proverbial Cloud 9.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Exam results were excellent today, ticket punched for graduating from NUIG in November.

Advertisement