Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Candie wrote: »
    Benedict Cuddlebutch. I think he looks like an alien and his manner of speaking is grating and I can't watch anything he's in because I'm distracted by both these features.
    I think he's a good actor - excellent in The Imitation Game and the TV series Patrick Melrose - but I don't understand at all how he's a sex symbol!

I think he's a good actor - excellent in The Imitation Game and the TV series Patrick Melrose - but I don't understand at all how he's a sex symbol!

That's just one of life's great mysteries. I'm eating a cheese sandwich with more sex appeal than that man has. He looks like a history teacher who hates all his students.

I'm sure he is a great actor GAP, it's just I find him so off-putting for some reason that I can't sit through anything he's in. The only other actor I find off-putting is Joseph Fiennes, he creeps me out and I don't know why.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I... but I don't understand at all how he's a sex symbol!

Neither do I. He looks distinctly insectoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You're a FG troll who cannot accept someone doesn't like your dear leader.

I know... the sooner I get my head out of the sand the better. Long live the revolution etc... something something It's all blah blah Fine Gaels' something something fault... the bastards how dare they etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I know... the sooner I get my head out of the sand the better. Long live the revolution etc... something something It's all blah blah Fine Gaels' something something fault... the bastards how dare they etc.

I never stated any of that. Just stated I don't like the lovely Leo. . . and you can't take it.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads, shut the hell up about politics, nobody gives a flying fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Colin Farrell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lottie Ryan. Can't fully explain it but I can't listen to her on the radio without being overcome with rage and wanting to punch things.

Further afield Nicholas Cage especially the last five years or so. Moreso embarrassed than filled with rage though. Give it up Nic, your movies are all sh1te nowadays!

Oh and a really obvious one but Katie Hopkins. I'd love to see her in a WWE ring being hit repeatedly by a steel chair such is my hatred for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

That English guy who plays Spiderman. Tom Holland. He was wearing dress shoes with no socks on the Graham Norton show making him look like a wanker and he even managed to make Tom Hanks seem irritating in their interactions with each other. Probably a sound guy in private but there's just an inexplicable hatred for his gratingly smug self satisfaction in his personality.

He's the epitome of "small doses" as in perfectly harmless but after a minute you're looking to get away/change the channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Necro wrote: »
    Further afield Nicholas Cage especially the last five years or so. Moreso embarrassed than filled with rage though. Give it up Nic, your movies are all sh1te nowadays!

I can't explain it either. I see his name in lead role in movie and I think twice about watching it. Regardless of the reviews \ quality \ theme of the movie.
    Jake Gyllenhaal is the same for me.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

David Walliams. Gives me the absolute and utter creeps. There's something really dodgy about him.

Interesting I’d never real thought of him that way, till I read the thread. I suppose you could say that about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

David Walliams gives me the vibes of a man who is afraid to come out of the closet.

Not that it's any of my business, it's just the vibe i get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

David Walliams gives me the vibes of a man who is afraid to come out of the closet.

Not that it's any of my business, it's just the vibe i get.

He has gone out with men/had homosexual relationships I think. He was also married to a woman who found him to be too camp. So maybe a gay man who has tried being heterosexual? If I remember correctly his gay friend from Little Britain has known him since their teens, David used to date girls back then, but was a bit camp then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Colin Farrell.

He makes me seethe. I can't watch his movies. I was off the booze for lent a few years ago and he arrived on the Graham Norton show. I had to leave the house and go to the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Hugh Wallace ....

I've never watched his show but for some reason when I see his face he strikes me as an unmerciful, stuck up c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hugh Wallace ....

I've never watched his show but for some reason when I see his face he strikes me as an unmerciful, stuck up c*nt.

He actually comes across as a nice guy on the shows as does the female presenter whose name I can't remember. Deirdre something I think?

As for that twat that they've replaced Patrick Bradley with. Not liking him at all :mad:

IAMAMORON wrote: »

How did you feel about your hero inferring or linking that the leader of the opposition was like a priest "who preaches from the altar, telling us to avoid sin while secretly going behind the altar and engaging in any amount of sin himself."?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Mark Cagney (TV presenter).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How did you feel about your hero inferring or linking that the leader of the opposition was like a priest "who preaches from the altar, telling us to avoid sin while secretly going behind the altar and engaging in any amount of sin himself."?

Who told him that, Peter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mark Cagney (TV presenter).

Not forgetting his ex co presenter, Sinead!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Its nothing more than a silly analogy that didn't really make sense and was irrelevant....but ff ,the holy joe FG'rs and the church can f off if they're offended by it.....cnts

The entire cast of Home and Away.

Especially when RTE plays them over the live golf. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Who’s for Alan “Sammy Sausages” Hughes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I'm sure he's been mentioned before.

Nicky Byrne.

Can't stand him. Whiney. How did he manage to get a job in radio? Well we know actually. Thinks he is God's gift.

But why didn't he go on to have a successful solo career if he enjoyed ... singing so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

bobbyss wrote: »
    I'm sure he's been mentioned before.

Nicky Byrne.

Can't stand him. Whiney. How did he manage to get a job in radio? Well we know actually. Thinks he is God's gift.

But why didn't he go on to have a successful solo career if he enjoyed ... singing so much?
    +1,000. Absolute smug, talentless, entitled pr1ck.

Married to that Cnut Bertie’s daughter and coining it in on taxpayer’s funds at the pointless, superfluous 2fm.

Even more of a charlatan than any of the vile Louis Walsh’s other protégés.... and that’s saying something.

+1,000. Absolute smug, talentless, entitled pr1ck.

Married to that Cnut Bertie’s daughter . . . . . .

Is that why you hate him though?

Because he has connections?

Begrudgery is an Irish talent. I'm not stating that I disagree with you but don't kid yourself that Ireland is some sort of meritocracy.

It isn't and never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No, but I do now because you just promoted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Beatrice

Feel bad taking part in this thread sometimes tbh but Beatrice looks like Lady Gaga in some of the Bad Romance face altered scenes!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=beatrice+royal&client=ms-android-h3g-ie-revc&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg7sThrJ_jAhUqRxUIHfpLC9EQ_AUIFygB&biw=360&bih=599#imgrc=6dvDhRv67c3daM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

It's uncanny!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I can never think of anyone for this thread :/

But I really want someone!

Advertisement