Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT 85 oil for gun cleaning ?

Options
  • 30-06-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anyone else find this good ? I had some in the press and had used it to give the gun a wipe , anyway was out today in the rain and have to say I was pleased with how the gun came back, no residue or rain marks (smells nice too)Anyway it’s recommended for bike cleaning so I’m thinkin it’s also ideal to keep the blaster shined .. yes/no??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Never heard of it before but a quick google search says it's a lubricant designed for bikes. It also says it contains PTFE.

Suppose if it works well then haveatit. I presume it has a good hydrophobic properties?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Cass wrote: »
    Never heard of it before but a quick google search says it's a lubricant designed for bikes. It also says it contains PTFE.

Suppose if it works well then haveatit. I presume it has a good hydrophobic properties?

It sure seems to . My is ventilated between the barrels so I just wanted to give the barrels a right spray out yesterday . On the clays today and put well over 150 shells through it and rained hard for a time . Gun was sleeved then for a few hours , expected residue when I took it out after , but no nice and clean . I’d recommend it for that purpose anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

I use it when cleaning/ lubricating my guns and never had a problem with it, the usual light spray on and wipe off etc.

Advertisement