Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Roasting in cork City still. Really feel the heat when the breeze stops. It's strong Gale force gusts though wasn't expecting them. At least they are warm too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

28.1c at Shannon and 27.1c at Valentia at 1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Its actually Saturday I think that will be the warmest of the week in the east ahead of the front with winds backing asw
    Should be mid 20s

Watching the ECM, the East will be hit by rain most of the day Saturday in those warm temps and that's before the transition to the rain coming from the west!. Looks like tomorrow Friday is the only day of the 'heatwave' worth talking about for the East.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

klaaaz wrote: »
    Watching the ECM, the East will be hit by rain most of the day Saturday in those warm temps and that's before the transition to the rain coming from the west!. Looks like tomorrow Friday is the only day of the 'heatwave' worth talking about for the East.

ECM is also backing away from the relatively settled first half of July, compared to yesterday's runs with unsettled and cool conditions spreading southwards from the north from July 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's struggling to get to 20 again here in Dublin 11. It's now at 19.7C. There's a very strong breeze and a clear sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very very warm out here as the breeze has lessened. wish I had the means to measure... frustrating.. I am melting in the dwelling once again! It is a sealed aluminium unit and easy to heat but hard to cool...

NOT COMPLAINING. today has been a healing and a glory. Done far far too much outside but no regrets as I revelled in every minute, every blade of grass hand cut, every weed pulled up... Just has been totally amazing... sun on my face and warm wind on my skin...

Today was summer and if this is the only really good day, we have revelled in it and lived it to the full.

west mayo offshore atoll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Looks like Shannon has it for warmest day of year at 28C
    Not every Summer do we get temperature so high and could easily max out as the warmest day of Summer '19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

Windy here in Laois all evening..strong enough gusts as well. It’s keeping the temperature around 21° ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

28.8°c in West Clare, sweltering.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It hit 26 in Sligo at 3pm.
    20 on the Roscommon/Galway border right now with 30kph winds and stronger gusts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s nowhere near as humid as initially feared
    Might be able to sleep tonight after all

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

Gonzo wrote: »
    ECM is also backing away from the relatively settled first half of July, compared to yesterday's runs with unsettled and cool conditions spreading southwards from the north from July 4th.

That’s one run and the mean is better. Hopefully it was rogue and it doesn’t have support. We’ll know more with future runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

harr wrote: »
    Windy here in Laois all evening..strong enough gusts as well. It’s keeping the temperature around 21° ... :(

Very different down the south of the county. 26c still at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The wind here is beginning to border on fierce. It is odd to hear winds howling November style on the sunniest, warmest day of the year in midsummer.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Back to 27c in Limerick just now. I recorded a high of 28.3c around 4.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    The wind here is beginning to border on fierce. It is odd to hear winds howling November style on the sunniest, warmest day of the year in midsummer.

Welcome to Arklow's yesterday and the day before

I still think Saturday will be the easts warmest day depends on cloud cover and the speed of the front
    Question is,will it be a thundery passage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My high here in Kilkenny for the day has been a 25.9C.

A couple of weeks back it was struggling to get to 11C, and heating was needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Was 30 in the car in Killarney a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Im in France, it’s insane heat

CCF82539-8-AD7-4-E9-A-A1-F7-5-AAD9-F9600-B9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Bsal

Shannon appears to have topped out at 28.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Bsal wrote: »
    Shannon appears to have topped out at 28.3C

Impressive,might not get beaten this year but hopefully it will

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Argentina here, clear blue skies, swealtering at 11 degrees here. Enjoy the weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Probably posted already but Frances all time record broken today
    43.5c
    That's 110F

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Got to 29.2c at 17:14 here in West Clare, currently 28.6c so not cooling any significant amount.

After a disappointing looking morning, today turned out to be a scorcher. Would put you in a good mood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

On the beach no in cork at 7pm and it's packed still, beautiful evening

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Packed on Traught beach in Kinvarra this evening.
    Water cold initially, but definitely swimmable.

483744.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

The Icelandic met office is showing that we've had a lot of near misses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Probably posted already but Frances all time record broken today
    43.5c
    That's 110F

Have been watching this but highest I can see is 42.3c in Grospierres?

https://mobile.twitter.com/VigiMeteoFrance/status/1144299036196966400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Lightning tracker is showing an intense cluster off the South West coast. About 100 miles out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any chance of an aul thunderstorm over cork city tonight?!

Advertisement