Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Getting uncomfortable in Limerick. Perfect painting weather but a mix of reflected heat and light from white paint just got too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gonzo wrote: »
    County Clare is currently the warmest location in the British Isles at 26C. Temperatures almost 10C cooler in the Greater Dublin area and eastern UK.

It would be great if we get another warm area of high pressure later in the summer that doesn't have an east or northerly sourced winds spoiling the temperatures.

I’m finding the breeze very pleasant in Dublin. Still feels lovely and warm. Feels warmer than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Car is reading 26 now in Cork. Really warming up the last hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Only for quite a strong breeze in Galway, this heat would be oppressive. Big increase in temps since early morning, we've all gone inside for the time being. Athenry weather station reporting 23c at 2pm, feels like a lot more but perhaps the wind is keeping the values down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It would be great if we get another warm area of high pressure later in the summer that doesn't have an east or northerly sourced winds spoiling the temperatures.

I'll pass, these easterly sourced winds are brilliant, heats the western half of the country up nice and well! With a westerly sourced wind it's almost always cloud and damp here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    We had easterly winds in late June last year and the cooling effect from the Irish Sea wasn’t nearly as big as it is now because it was much warmer then from the very warm May and warm June up to that point compared to this year which has been cool. Managed 27c in Dublin on 27th/28th June 2018 despite the easterly winds. Meanwhile, almost 10c cooler at max today.

the sea temperatures are definitely lower than this time last year with an almost unbroken run of cool or cold conditions from beginning of March to a few days ago.

We should see warmer conditions tomorrow in the east and early on Saturday but the warm spell will be more or less gone by Saturday.

I think the next few weeks may actually be warmer in Dublin than what this spell has delivered if we are not plagued by more easterly breezes.

There is a chance of hitting 20C in Dublin tomorrow, but probably not at the coastal areas. Temperatures also lowering across the west as fresher Atlantic air begins to move in.

33-580UK.GIF?27-6

Saturday looks to be our best chance of breaking the 20C barrier, but I fear cloud and rain may put a stop to that.

57-580UK.GIF?27-6

Temperatures in the east could reach 20 or 21C at times from next Tuesday as settled conditions moves in from the Atlantic, and the winds should hopefully favour us to keep things a bit warmer than they have been. We haven't had a proper warm day since Easter Sunday yet, it's about time we're due one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2.30pm Shannon 27 degrees

2.30pm Shannon 27 degrees

Just about to say! Yellow warning criteria met, and there's still a few hours of warming left. Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see 29°c or 30°c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

My station here in Mid-Kerry has just hit 28c

After what was quite an overcast start to teh day it has brightened up lovely .. nice breeze out there as well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just checked with home near Tralee,
    27.6C atm.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Just about to say! Yellow warning criteria met, and there's still a few hours of warming left. Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see 29°c or 30°c

27°c also at Kerry at 2:30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just hit 28c in Limerick, in a gusty warm NE wind. (Not reflected in the weather station reading due to relatively calm location)

65164803_10216215373109285_337118554363002880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b1b0f5531c8c66af43c06645eea134d0&oe=5DC145DE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

About 16 degrees here on the coast, 11 degrees cooler than parts of the West and South West. To be honest out of the breeze it still feels very pleasant. Temps up to high 30s/40deg in Spain, France, Northern Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

25.8C now in Castlebar with a refreshing light breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The breeze here inland in Wexford makes it a very pleasant day. Anywhere out of the breeze and it's scorching.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

my phone is telling me it's 21C here now, but do I believe it? Dunsany recorded 19C at 3pm, so temperatures here must be very close to 20C, will look at the 4pm report with great interest to see do we finally reach 20C for the first time this summer. Breeze is still quite strong here but feeling fairly pleasant in sun traps sheltered from the easterly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'll pass, these easterly sourced winds are brilliant, heats the western half of the country up nice and well! With a westerly sourced wind it's almost always cloud and damp here.

True, and we've had a lot of fine easterly weather in the west since April, with any interruptions being relatively short-lived. TBH, I hope Gonzo gets his long sought after high temps soon. 24c here at the moment, but I'd gladly swap with his 17-19c. (Dunsany/Casement) Thank God for that breeze though!

New Moon

my phone is telling me it's 21C here now, but do I believe it? Dunsany recorded 19C at 3pm, so temperatures here must be very close to 20C, will look at the 4pm report with great interest to see do we finally reach 20C for the first time this summer. Breeze is still quite strong here but feeling fairly pleasant in sun traps sheltered from the easterly wind.

And my phone is telling me 22°c!

I'm not sure I believe it either......

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    True, and we've had a lot of fine easterly weather in the west since April, with any interruptions being relatively short-lived. TBH, I hope Gonzo gets his long sought after high temps soon. 24c here at the moment, but I'd gladly swap with his 17-19c. (Dunsany/Casement) Thank God for that breeze though!

I'll be getting my proper warmth next week, I'll be in the Murcia region for a few days where I'm definitely guaranteed temperatures north of 20C! I'll be back for a week then off to Fuengirola for second half of July so i'll definitely have my heat fix this July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It is the West that getting the heat. The East, it's your turn tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Jpmarn wrote: »
    It is the West that getting the heat. The East, it's your turn tomorrow.

the heat in the east tomorrow is unlikley to be anywhere near 27 or 28C, more like 20 to 24C, maybe similar on Saturday if it's not too cloudy or wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

the heat in the east tomorrow is unlikley to be anywhere near 27 or 28C, more like 20 to 24C, maybe similar on Saturday if it's not too cloudy or wet.

Its actually Saturday I think that will be the warmest of the week in the east ahead of the front with winds backing asw
    Should be mid 20s

Currently 19.9c hereat my station in Arklow
    Stubbornly not wanting to register 20c but its a technical 20 :D

20.1c

The 20c barrier broken here by the sea on the east coast in Arklow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

21.4c in D14, the breeze has died down so temp climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some spread of temperatures across Laois at the moment:

Ballybrittas 21.6c
    Durrow 26.6c

Roughly 25 miles apart.

Danno wrote: »
    Some spread of temperatures across Laois at the moment:

Ballybrittas 21.6c
    Durrow 26.6c

Roughly 25 miles apart.
    Theres also a 6c difference between Arklow and Baltinglass TII 230pm reports
    Similar distance as the crow flies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Theres also a 6c difference between Arklow and Baltinglass TII 230pm reports
    Similar distance as the crow flies

I can assure you that there are no 3000ft mountains between Ballybrittas and Durrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The wind is very noticeable here now not far off gale force. It's a real tropical feel but the wind is a bit stronger than most would like

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

18.7c in Dublin 16 atm, according to my netatmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The wind is very noticeable here now not far off gale force. It's a real tropical feel but the wind is a bit stronger than most would like

Where's here ?????

Advertisement