Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reloaders? Are there any on this forum?

Options
  • 23-06-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

It seems that there is never any technical posts about reloading here, nor do I ever read any posters detailing there successes and failures with reloading.

I was in the midlands last week and made enquiries about a discounted membership but I was told no.. Other than that I was told that if I wanted to reload that it was the only legal place to do so in the whole of the country and all I had to do was join up and do a course on reloading. Seems reasonable

I should have asked them about their stock of powder and primers and found out was was on offer.

If yer a reloader from the midlands can ye enlighten me as to how much power or primer types one can access or how often new materials are delivered to the range. Obviously they can stock all powder types so they must be ordering in product as lads are looking for it??

How many are there reloading now?

If you gave up reloading can you tell me why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So you are going to join the "IT Crowd":D of the shooting world then?The F Class lads are the Techies of shooting.More power to them if that's their thing.
    But thats the only way you will get to reload here unless you take up F Class.

There was supposedly some other range trying to get reloading going as well,but that seems to have fallen by the wayside?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Move to the North, or go live in any of the other countries in Europe and most of the rest of the world where private ownership of firearms is normal if you want to go about reloading.

It's a touchy subject here that has been discussed many times before, as you'll readily see if you do some research on the site.

The answers you received from the staff at the Midlands Shooting Centre are correct. Take up the appropriate target shooting sport and fill yer boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bordglas

Can anyone advise how much it costs to join the Midlands range.

Can you join for a day to zero a rifle or is it yearly membership only. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

John Paul Craven – Range Operator
    Tel: 086 8232641
    Email: jpcraven@eircom.net

Thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Bordglas wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how much it costs to join the Midlands range.

|
    MNSCI (Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland)
    |
    Location | Derrymore, Tullamore, Offaly |
    GPS Co-Ordinates | Lat : 53.285442, Long : -7.486653 |
    Website | www.nationalshootingcentre.ie & Facebook Page |
    Contact Nos. | 086 8232641 , 087 0977589
    Contact E-mail(s) | jpcraven@eircom.net |
    First Yr Fee | €600 |
    Annual Fee | €300 |
    Student / OAP | €165 Annual Renewal, €300 for the 1st Year, |
    Mature Students | TBC |
    Disciplines | 10 - 25 yd pistol, 25 yd zero, 50 yd BR, 50 yd ISSF, 50 mtr Sporting, 100 - 300 yd Sheltered, 100 - 600 Windmill, 800 - 1,200 Creedmoor, Clays - DTL, Sporting, Skeet, ABT |
    Facilities | Registered Firearm Dealer, Shop, Clubhouse, Cafe, Armory, Reloading Facilities, Tuition, Competency Courses, Gunsmith(s), Restrooms, Wheelchair access throughout |
    Opening Hours | Tues - Fri by Appointment Only , Sat 9:30am - 4:30pm, Sun 9:30 - 3:30, Closed Monday. |
    Can you join for a day to zero a rifle or is it yearly membership only. Thanks.
    Day membership is illegal so you have two options:
    1. Join
    2. Go along as a guest to someone else (must have your own insurance)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks Cass. First class information as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

So back to the original post. Are there any reloaders here? Class do you reload

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Again I'm just wonder who here is actually reloading in the midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Again I'm just wonder who here is actually reloading in the midlands?

I looked into this before and was told the gear was rather pricey and you'd be waiting a while if he's out of stock.

I'll get more tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement