Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hey, I'm a cyclist, so you don't need to tell me anything about geniuses who arrive in to a forum with the 'great idea' that has been debunked many, many times before with actual facts.

But if you're going to 'organise a resistance', you're going to need to hear the counter arguments and be able to address them. If you're afraid to hear other voices, it doesn't bode well for their ability to set out a coherent position.

A forum is not equivalent to a resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

In fairness, you can say pretty much whatever you like on RTE's social media pages without any fear of retribution or banning.

Probably because they don't read the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Didi Hamann on the RTE panel for champions league football tonight. Presumably he lives in Germany, why are RTE paying for him to come over to do punditry when there are plenty of Irish based ex footballers who can do the same job. He's only on screen for maximum an hour.

Didi Hamann on the RTE panel for champions league football tonight. Presumably he lives in Germany, why are RTE paying for him to come over to do punditry when there are plenty of Irish based ex footballers who can do the same job. He's only on screen for maximum an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Can't we just keep Didi and sent Ray D'Arcy to Germany, somewhere deep in the black forest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Didi lives in the UK I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Didi lives in the UK I think.

Ryanair so, even cheap to fly back to Germany to play in his amateur team

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can we have a discount from our licence fee from Joe Duffy constantly advertising his own book(s) on air during Liveline? The BBC certainly wouldn't allow such carry on from their contractors and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The forriners are taking our jobs?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

Scrap 2fm.Tubridy and Darcy need wages cut by 50% for a start.In my opinion they are only averrage presenters,well Darcy anyway.The people who fill in for Tubs and Darcy are all better than both of them.TG4is actually one of the successes in RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

In fairness, you can say pretty much whatever you like on RTE's social media pages without any fear of retribution or banning.

In fairness, RTE's social media following is fake as fcuk. You only have to look at their Twitter account, with its 540k followers and tweets that get bugger all likes or re-tweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Every time I listen to D'arcy (which isn't often or for long) he's just repeating crap he read in the newspaper or someone told him - the most useless presenter ever. Look at the likes of Montcrieff - you may not like some of his views but his show is entertaining always

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Venom wrote: »
    In fairness, RTE's social media following is fake as fcuk. You only have to look at their Twitter account, with its 540k followers and tweets that get bugger all likes or re-tweets!

They also removed the comment section from rte.ie. You can't comment on the entertainment section anymore, nor the sports section either. You used to be able to, not now tho.

klaaaz wrote: »
    The forriners are taking our jobs?:rolleyes:

I don't care about his nationality, just the fact that it costs more to have him on the panel than somebody based closer to RTE studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I don't care about his nationality, just the fact that it costs more to have him on the panel than somebody based closer to RTE studios.

Richard Dunne lives in Monaco, would have cost more to get him in for the game.

Who lives locally that you would get? Glen Crowe? The taxi across the city would cost as much as Didi Hamann's flight.

Richard Dunne lives in Monaco, would have cost more to get him in for the game.

Who lives locally that you would get? Glen Crowe? The taxi across the city would cost as much as Didi Hamann's flight.

Does he really? That's another waste of money by RTE so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Does he really? That's another waste of money by RTE so.

Don’t suggest Kerr anyone, pleeeeeeese.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

Easily one of the best pundits they’ve ever had. And presumably they want at least one person who has actually played a bit in the Champions League, ruling most Irish pundits out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

So, RTE1 have a show on right now called 'Weather Live'.

It's a 1hr slot (no idea if it's a once off) but it's like they are just coming up with sh1t to keep Kathryn Thomas employed.

It is educational and entertaining but im sick of her fcuking face and her fcuking voice.

/end rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Scrap 2fm.Tubridy and Darcy need wages cut by 50% for a start.In my opinion they are only averrage presenters,well Darcy anyway.The people who fill in for Tubs and Darcy are all better than both of them.TG4is actually one of the successes in RTE.

I don't know how you can equate TG4 as "actually one of the successes in RTE", when the two organizations are completely, and totally independent of one another.

• Advertisement

So, RTE1 have a show on right now called 'Weather Live'.

It's a 1hr slot (no idea if it's a once off) but it's like they are just coming up with sh1t to keep Kathryn Thomas employed.

It is educational and entertaining but im sick of her fcuking face and her fcuking voice.

/end rant.

She's not employed, she's a contractor

She's not employed, she's a contractor

Thanks for that correction.

My post makes more sense now. Jaysis I don't know what I was typing. Some gibberish as usual.

Holy fcukballs I hope people are able to understand my point now.

Huuuuuuuwwwwweeeee that was a close one, I almost made a fool of myself for a second there, thanks man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Thanks for that correction.

My post makes more sense now. Jaysis I don't know what I was typing. Some gibberish as usual.

Holy fcukballs I hope people are able to understand my point now.

Huuuuuuuwwwwweeeee that was a close one, I almost made a fool of myself for a second there, thanks man.
    Maybe there's a deeper meaning for the correction.
    It's just one of the ways these so-called "stars" are able to make so much money off the tax payer licensee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

can't they sack all the news 'presenters' seriously they just read an autoque pay them 5ok a year . they aren't celebs .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭elperello

can't they sack all the news 'presenters' seriously they just read an autoque pay them 5ok a year . they aren't celebs .

I understand this lady is available at very reasonable rates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7J2Nnl7Ano

Kivaro wrote: »
    Maybe there's a deeper meaning for the correction.
    It's just one of the ways these so-called "stars" are able to make so much money off the tax payer licensee.

You're right, sarcasm wasnt at all needed, stupid fast fingers.

Humble apologies to 'downtheroad' and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

They did the 'Weather Live' thing last year, I believe. They'll next do a 'Science Week' thing next.

It's Summer filler. It's totally about padding the weeks until the break is over and it's back to normal.

You won't be getting any good shows from RTE in the next few months. At least there's no Miriam O'Callahan chat show.

Small mercies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

elperello wrote: »
    I understand this lady is available at very reasonable rates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7J2Nnl7Ano

I really didn't want to click on that, but I did.
    Based on how biased RTE is, she is actually perfect to read the news. In fact, she would be perfect to replace all of RTE's newsreaders, political correspondents, and radio hosts .......... since it's the same one-sided hymn sheet that they read from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Rte reveal losses of 13 million in 2018

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/rte-reveals-losses-over-13-17257149

#Draintheswamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sxt wrote: »
    Rte reveal losses of 13 million in 2018

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/rte-reveals-losses-over-13-17257149

#Draintheswamp

Deluded.

Start with dramatically reducing fees to untalented and overpaid presenters who work less hours in a week than most of us do in a day.

Linked to above, make all of these presenters salaries employees, rather than pseudo contractors (which enables them to save a fortune in Tax, effectively significantly increasing their earnings).

End the cronyism and nepotism that is rampant in RTÉ.

Start with those simple steps and then we can return to the licence fee issue.

Advertisement