Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Corrigible

Unpunished fouling is the scourge of hurling and it's getting frustrating to watch. It can't be right that we see the team that fouls gaining an advantage as we invariably see in most matches and definitely saw on Saturday. Billy Ryan getting repeatedly fouled in the corner is just one incident of many that come to mind. Result - Wexford get a relieving sideline. I'm not saying that KK are blameless but they were definitely more sinned against than sinners in that match. Apply the advantage rule to let the game flow by all means but call it back for the free if none accrues.
    The Limerick v Tipp match was much better marshalled albeit not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

Village87 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour lately that Richie Reid told Cody where to go over the weekend and walked off the panel.

Fully expected that to happen.

Fingers crossed for C Buckley but I have my doubts he will hurl again for Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Grats wrote: »
    Fully expected that to happen.

Fingers crossed for C Buckley but I have my doubts he will hurl again for Kilkenny.

Because he was poor on Saturday or did something else happen?

Because he was poor on Saturday or did something else happen?

Struggled from the off, limped off and didn't look comfortable afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Village87 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour lately that Richie Reid told Cody where to go over the weekend and walked off the panel.

I heard that as well, he was never going to get in though.

• Advertisement

Corrigible wrote: »
    Unpunished fouling is the scourge of hurling and it's getting frustrating to watch. It can't be right that we see the team that fouls gaining an advantage as we invariably see in most matches and definitely saw on Saturday. Billy Ryan getting repeatedly fouled in the corner is just one incident of many that come to mind. Result - Wexford get a relieving sideline. I'm not saying that KK are blameless but they were definitely more sinned against than sinners in that match. Apply the advantage rule to let the game flow by all means but call it back for the free if none accrues.
    The Limerick v Tipp match was much better marshalled albeit not perfect.

Brian Gavin in his Examiner column specifically mentioned Billy Ryan been fouled. Hopefully Ryan learns from it and gives them their answer in the Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

kk1970 wrote: »

Dissapointed to hear that about richie.i thought it was a little suprising he didn't make the 26 last saturday but i can see how he would of being dissapointed,everyone wants make the panel but i thought maybe with tj being captain he might of stuck it out for the next few weeks.Its a pity for him that he couldn't make it but he was tried in a good few positions and unfortunately for him his after slipping down behind cleere and morrissey in defence and murphy and maher in mid field and sheehan,blanchfield and donnelly are ahead in attack.If it is true best of luck to him in the future and thanks for his time.A fine club hurler im sure he'll have plenty of good days with the shamrocks.
    Heard this evening we're in trouble with buckley alright and we'll be lucky to see him back this year.I dunno how concrete this is and I'm sure the boro lads will know more.Hopefully we can get delaney back in the next few weeks especially if buckley is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

kk1970 wrote: »

Richie Reid is 100% currently still a member of the panel

Noddy33 wrote: »

Glad he is sticking it out i see how he wouldnt be happy but competition is good and we have a decent panel now and I think the longer we stay in this the better we will get.
    Also the u20 match fixed for next Wednesday is now on Monday which makes sense with mullen and a few others on the panel.Hopefully a few can put their hand up.brassil looks good and eoin cody and ciarian brennan are both good inside fowards something we've being lacking the last few years

Noddy33 wrote: »

Delighted to hear that although I could fully understand had he walked. With TJ captain I'm glad Richie is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭therealdonster

brookville wrote: »
    Glad he is sticking it out i see how he wouldnt be happy but competition is good and we have a decent panel now and I think the longer we stay in this the better we will get.
    Also the u20 match fixed for next Wednesday is now on Monday which makes sense with mullen and a few others on the panel.Hopefully a few can put their hand up.brassil looks good and eoin cody and ciarian brennan are both good inside fowards something we've being lacking the last few years

Anyone have info on the panel makeup. From what I remember this minor team was a little unlucky against Galway in the semi final with a blatant square ball for the winning goal not being given. I think the same group beat Laois by a large margin so it would be no surprise to see Mullen "rested" for this one.

Michael Carey is another I'd be interested in seeing playing here. I think he has all the natural attributes to make it.

Anyone have info on the panel makeup. From what I remember this minor team was a little unlucky against Galway in the semi final with a blatant square ball for the winning goal not being given. I think the same group beat Laois by a large margin so it would be no surprise to see Mullen "rested" for this one.

Michael Carey is another I'd be interested in seeing playing here. I think he has all the natural attributes to make it.
    I'm not certain of the make up but if say theres a few from ballycallan all good hurlers aswell.tommy Ronan,Jesse Roberts and sean ryan anyway.Few from the shamrocks mason in goal,cody,think evan shefflin,few from the comer college team that got to the final this year...Hopefully we can go well this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

I'm not certain of the make up but if say theres a few from ballycallan all good hurlers aswell.tommy Ronan,Jesse Roberts and sean ryan anyway.Few from the shamrocks mason in goal,cody,think evan shefflin,few from the comer college team that got to the final this year...Hopefully we can go well this year

John Dowd and James Brennan from Comer

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

I know following are all on the panel

Goalkeepers
    Dean Mason
    Sean Manogue

Defenders
    Conor Murphy
    Mikey Butler
    Tommy Ronan
    Conor Flynn
    Luke Murphy
    John Dowd
    James Brennan
    Mikey Carey
    Conor Heary
    Diarmuid Phelan

Midfielders/ Forwards

Evan Shefflin (has been mf with this team)
    Eoin O Shea
    Jim Ryan
    David Blanchfield
    Ciaran Brennan
    Ross Whelan
    Jack Kelly
    Sean Ryan
    Niall Brassil
    Adrian Mullen
    Jordan Molloy
    Owen Wall
    Eoin Cody

I’m sure there’s more but I know those guys are all definitely there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Any more news on Cillian Buckley, Conor Delaney or Waltar Walsh

Any more news on Cillian Buckley, Conor Delaney or Waltar Walsh

Id say we'll do well to see buckley or deegan next weekend.James maher will hopefully be close to starting.Im a bit baffled as to why hogan dint get a run last weekend especially after coming on the previous week.Wally clearly wasnt a 100 percent hopefully the 2 week break will help him.
    like most of the games so far we will probably see a few changes for this one we could see aylward or cleere start.davie will set out to get his matchups right like foley on wally and hanlon on tj so what teams do to counter this is take the defender out of his comfort zone i don't think o hanlon or foley would be as comfortbale on the full back line.We have the option of colin and mullen on the half foward line to win puck outs.
    I thought we done alot right last week and we're finally getting to grips with the sweeper system but we weren't clinical enough when we were on top.Looking foward to next sunday it should be a good day of hurling with a big crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Id say we'll do well to see buckley or deegan next weekend.James maher will hopefully be close to starting.Im a bit baffled as to why hogan dint get a run last weekend especially after coming on the previous week.Wally clearly wasnt a 100 percent hopefully the 2 week break will help him.
    like most of the games so far we will probably see a few changes for this one we could see aylward or cleere start.davie will set out to get his matchups right like foley on wally and hanlon on tj so what teams do to counter this is take the defender out of his comfort zone i don't think o hanlon or foley would be as comfortbale on the full back line.We have the option of colin and mullen on the half foward line to win puck outs.
    I thought we done alot right last week and we're finally getting to grips with the sweeper system but we weren't clinical enough when we were on top.Looking foward to next sunday it should be a good day of hurling with a big crowd.
    O'Hanlon was 1st choice full back 2011-12 and 2014-16 , took 2013 out to go travelling. Has only played at 6 sense Davy took over.

Think both games senior and u17 at 50/50 next week, dare I say it wouldn't be shocked to see another draw.

O'Hanlon was 1st choice full back 2011-12 and 2014-16 , took 2013 out to go travelling. Has only played at 6 sense Davy took over.

Think both games senior and u17 at 50/50 next week, dare I say it wouldn't be shocked to see another draw.

The last thing both teams need is a draw.Our minors were lucky earlier this year against ye.I know matt is comfortable full back but the point i was making maybe if tj was to drag him out of center back into corner back his presence would be missed cause I thought last week apart from doing a good job he also set up attacks.He done something similar to joe canning i think a few years ago.Some intresting match ups to look foward to and what teams have learned from each other

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭therealdonster

The last thing both teams need is a draw.Our minors were lucky earlier this year against ye.I know matt is comfortable full back but the point i was making maybe if tj was to drag him out of center back into corner back his presence would be missed cause I thought last week apart from doing a good job he also set up attacks.He done something similar to joe canning i think a few years ago.Some intresting match ups to look foward to and what teams have learned from each other

I think we will definitely see TJ in around the square early on. If Hanlon got turned at all in the corner there will be goal chances to be had. Himself and Fennelly have an understanding so keeping them close to one another can only be a good thing. Our other forwards need to step up regardless as their contribution up to this point just hasn't been enough, Mullens display V's Wexford being the exception.

I really hope Deegan is fit. I'm assuming it was an ankle ligament issue which might be just a case of bruising and swelling. Nothing can be done for this except time unfortunately so 2 weeks might be just too soon. I'm sure if it was anything more serious we would have heard about it at this stage. Buckley I'd be less confident off seeing.

agree regarding the draw incidentally replay would probably be in thurles as there's concerts on in 2 weeks time. Yeah it will be a real cat and mouse with match ups properly easier for cody rather Davy as about 13 of our team seems to be well settled with 3 or 4 players veying for the final 2 places, ye have used 20 starting players in the 4 games and that doesn't include the likes of donnelly and blanchfield. Biggest learning from us from the game in Wexford park is to how to use possession smartly and try not to let Padraig Walsh have the influence of last week. I was at the u17 game back in may, looked like 2 even teams although both have a few changes in personal from that game, all the games involving these 2 and Dublin were decided by 3 points or less. With lads that age theres always a bit of inconsistency and the unknown element of how the young lads deal with playing in croke park.

• Advertisement

I think we will definitely see TJ in around the square early on. If Hanlon got turned at all in the corner there will be goal chances to be had. Himself and Fennelly have an understanding so keeping them close to one another can only be a good thing. Our other forwards need to step up regardless as their contribution up to this point just hasn't been enough, Mullens display V's Wexford being the exception.

I really hope Deegan is fit. I'm assuming it was an ankle ligament issue which might be just a case of bruising and swelling. Nothing can be done for this except time unfortunately so 2 weeks might be just too soon. I'm sure if it was anything more serious we would have heard about it at this stage. Buckley I'd be less confident off seeing.
    taught deegans issue was with his knee not the ankle, I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭blackcard

Surprised that Sean Ryan is not starting

blackcard wrote: »
    Surprised that Sean Ryan is not starting

I thought the same myself but to be honest it looks a decent team.i think we have a full hand to pick from so it must of being tough on management to pick the 24 let alone the 15.
    This is a game i expect us to win although it won't be taken for granted but i think last year we were a little unlucky not to get a match before playing galway so hopefully this can set us up for a better crack off galway.We look to have a good balance to the team and a few dangerous fowards on the bench.I look foward to see how mikey carey,shefflin,brassil and cody go tomor night.James bergin has being very good for clara.Blanchfield broke into the bridge team last year and has gone from strenght to strenght but im suprised he got in ahead of conor murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well done to the Senior Camogie team on humiliating Wexford.
    Another great result on the back of beating Galway last weekend. They are flying.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Upper tier tickets available for all 3 stands so must expecting over 50 thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

Upper tier tickets available for all 3 stands so must expecting over 50 thousand

Talk of 60thousand ish apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Where are the Upper Hogan for sale, Billy?

Tickets.ie have only Upper Cusack for sale so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Is anywhere showing the Under 20s game tonight? TG4 had great coverage of the competition last year but don't see anything on there for tonight.

• Advertisement

Where are the Upper Hogan for sale, Billy?

Tickets.ie have only Upper Cusack for sale so far.
    they were up earlier but down again now, probably trying to fill Cusack 1st as most visible on television. Cusack upper tickets seem to be good quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement