Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 National Road Speed Limit Review

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Sorry Marno I'm not familiar with the townlands, what section are you referring to?
    Apologies, the Ballynasare section = the recently opened section just east of Lispole, bypassing Banogue hairpin

There are plans afoot to complete the remaining 4.7km between here and Annascal, which would take out the other 3 bad bends along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I'm not sure to be honest, it may be because it's a fairly short distance from the 60km/h at Garrynadaur back to the start of the realignment, so it was just kept at 80km/h.

There will also be a periodic speed limit of 40km/h passing the school before Lispole.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

marno21 wrote: »
    Kevwoody wrote: »
    Sorry Marno I'm not familiar with the townlands, what section are you referring to?
    Apologies, the Ballynasare section = the recently opened section just east of Lispole, bypassing Banogue hairpin

There are plans afoot to complete the remaining 4.7km between here and Annascal, which would take out the other 3 bad bends along there.

I don't miss the Banogue hairpin towing the caravan down to Dingle...

Roll on the rest of the upgrades.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

marno21 wrote: »

Might as well tumble half the county into the sea. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote:
    I don't know what to say about this

Signs which were installed last week, have now mysteriously disappeared.

These people really need to cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Have they actually driven on the N68? It's not a consistently good quality nor safe road by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have they actually driven on the N68? It's not a consistently good quality nor safe road by any stretch of the imagination.

Well maybe the donkeys they be should invest in improving then rather than slapping on more speed limits roads

road_high wrote:
    Well maybe the donkeys they be should invest in improving then rather than slapping on more speed limits roads

So TII are supposed to spend, probably billions, and upgrade every single stretch of road which got a lower limit, rather than make the road safer right now, by decreasing the speed limit?

Yea, great plan!

A part of the N52 in Meath after a recent resurfacing job has gone from 80 kmh to 100. Its a few kms from the Louth border.

• Advertisement
Advertisement