Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Pulled the trigger on Travelrepublic.ie
    144/nite for the lot of us. Conty breakfast and shuttlebus to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

where is that on their website? i have looked and cant see it.

Pulled the trigger on Travelrepublic.ie
    144/nite for the lot of us. Conty breakfast and shuttlebus to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭webpal

Posted this in BA, some big savings to be had. I bought disneyworld tickets and have successfully linked them to my account on MDE. Between 3 parks I've saved almost €500.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057947156

duffysfarm wrote: »
    where is that on their website? i have looked and cant see it.

Mrs Hassenforder II booked it.
    Ill see if i can dig it out

edit:
    here you go:
    https://www.travelrepublic.ie/hotels/book/aa40ff70-5221-4f20-8479-af1804531fed

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Conorbarry1984

So considering a return trip to London a nd this is on my mind, is it worth it and is it a good day trip. Was always a potter fan so I guess I should go regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

So considering a return trip to London a nd this is on my mind, is it worth it and is it a good day trip. Was always a potter fan so I guess I should go regardless

Brilliant visit, but book early, went last May with my 11 year old daughter, she loved it. I did too, its a whole day visit, really, really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

The studio tour is amazing! Went last year and well worth a visit.

Also go see the House of Mina Lima on Greek Street. It's all the graphic art from the films explained. I cannot recommend this tour enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Attractionticketsdirect are a legitimate company if you wish to use them.

Thanks

It seems a brilliant deal

Am always a bit cautious when that happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭fabvinny

KrustyUCC wrote: »

have used them a couple of times,no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I was thinking of a similar holiday in the UK but travelling by car (in May or June) - I'm a bit weary with the potential ferry delays at the ports - what would people advise - go with the UK plan or leave it for another year to see how it plays out?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thinking of taking a 4year old to Orlando (Universal and Disney) for a week in November/December. Currently have quotes for Hyatt Regency on I Drive(where we've stayed ourselves a number of times), Endless Summer in Universal, Cabana Bay in Universal, Rosen Pointe Inn on I Drive (likely a no tbh).

Any thoughts on the hotels, namely Endless Summer and Cabana Bay?

Also thoughts on whether saving almost €500 on flights via London with the extra time it will take, extra flights and no pre-clearance is worth it? Flight choices are Aer Lingus Orlando direct ex Dublin or Aer Lingus to Gatwick and Virgin to Orlando from there.

4year old (well he's 3 now but will be 4) is pretty good with flights. I've only entered the US directly from Dublin in recent years so can't remember what not having pre-clearance is like.

Any general thoughts on whether it's worth it for a 4year old?! Is he too young?

Thinking of taking a 4year old to Orlando (Universal and Disney) for a week in November/December. Currently have quotes for Hyatt Regency on I Drive(where we've stayed ourselves a number of times), Endless Summer in Universal, Cabana Bay in Universal, Rosen Pointe Inn on I Drive (likely a no tbh).

Also thoughts on whether saving almost €500 on flights via London with the extra time it will take, extra flights and no pre-clearance is worth it? Flight choices are Aer Lingus Orlando direct ex Dublin or Aer Lingus to Gatwick and Virgin to Orlando from there.

4year old (well he's 3 now but will be 4) is pretty good with flights. I've only entered the US directly from Dublin in recent years so can't remember what not having pre-clearance is like.

Any general thoughts on whether it's worth it for a 4year old?! Is he too young?

Endless summer opens in July so will be pretty new, obviously no reviews as yet, plenty of reviews online re Cabana bay, look at TripAdvisor

Personally I wouldn’t go the Uk route, tough journey home especially, pre clearance here is great, have you looked at indirect with other US carriers via Newark with United, Philadelphia with AA & others, may save a bit there & easier travel days

Again it’s only a personal opinion but I think 4 is a bit young for Universal, better suited to Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

4 is too young in my opinion, universal won't be suitable or they won't get the many movie references or be allowed on lots of rides. Disney might be ok but they are so young they may not remember it and they can be very long day's going around the park.

I would hold tough till older but that's just me.

Stayed in Cabana a few years back, the family rooms around the pool are ideal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Because of the sheer cost, I would certainly wait a couple of years and most of universal would be lost and forgotten by a 4 year old. Been to universal/islands a couple of times in the last few years. Really enjoy it, kids are now 14, 12 and 7 and going again in October. The youngest is getting more and more out of the trips as she gets older but being a bit of a thrill/speed freak helps! Stayed mostly in Royal Pacific, lovely hotel, great bar and food by the pool-club level is great and well worth it if you can book early enough to get a cheap deal. Getting the boat across and back is really nice aswell. Front of the line passes for everything aswell makes it a much more enjoyable holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks everyone for the replies to date.

We're mainly going/thinking of going for Santa etc. not so much the rides side of it. He loves all the Marvel characters etc. and lots of Disney ones so we think he'll like/love it regardless of the rides.

And part of the reason we looked here is it's slightly more expensive than 3 nights in Disneyland Paris which was the original idea for Santa. 3 nights v 7 and nowhere near as cold (I lived in Paris for a while, it's bloody cold in December!) for a few hundred quid more is what drew us to Orlando.

Anyone with more thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the replies to date.

We're mainly going/thinking of going for Santa etc. not so much the rides side of it. He loves all the Marvel characters etc. and lots of Disney ones so we think he'll like/love it regardless of the rides.

And part of the reason we looked here is it's slightly more expensive than 3 nights in Disneyland Paris which was the original idea for Santa. 3 nights v 7 and nowhere near as cold (I lived in Paris for a while, it's bloody cold in December!) for a few hundred quid more is what drew us to Orlando.

Anyone with more thoughts?

It's a long way to go & expensive for Santa, I agree though that Paris in winter could be a miserable trip with the cold, we were in DLP last July for four nights, three of us, I'd have to check my emails but, onsite hotel, tickets, flights into CDG, private transfers & spends was less than 2.5k & the weather was great

I understand the attraction of Orlando but you will have other expenses on top of your flights & accommodation, airport parking, possible hotel resort charges, travel insurance, park tickets, food, drinks, car hire / taxi's / Uber, tips, have you estimated the total cost?

We took our youngest when she was 6, she got a good bit out of it but a whole pile more when 8 more again at 12years

Taking into account your son's age & going for a week, I think a week onsite at Disney would be ideal, even one of their value resorts like Pop Century, free return bus from the airport to your hotel (you have to book the Magical Express separate) 4 theme parks & waterpark, free transport from your resort to & from the parks & Disney Springs, might be worth pricing that up, if it's within budget look at one of their Moderate Resorts, if you don't want to stay onsite look at the Disney Springs hotels, they also have free regular transport to the parks & other perks, based on experience, if it was me & a 4 yr old that's what I'd do & leave Universal for a few years yet.
    Pretty sure Santa is at Disney Springs too.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/resorts/pop-century-resort/

http://disneyspringshotels.com

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

We have been a couple of times, first time we went with our daughter and she was younger than 4, was one of our best holidays ever, we really enjoyed it. she loved disney and also really liked universal especially the cat in the hat / dr seuss area- we have done both direct and indirect flights to orlando and both are fine. the last time we went we done the dublin - london then virgin atlantic to MCO and it was fine and if the difference was 500, i would go for that. in reality the 4 year old wont remember the holiday in a few years time but it doesn't really matter, if we thought like that we would do nothing with our kids until they were around 6!. Life is short and kids grow up far too fast, Book the flights and enjoy the holiday :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Going to DLP with our 2.9yr old in October. Myself and Mrs have been to DLP 3 times but first time with the sprog. We don’t like the idea of a same room enclosed bunk bed, and we know she won’t sleep in an open bed in the same room as us, but we can’t afford 2 interconnecting rooms. Any tips?

I see the Explorer’s Hotel and Magic Circus hotel do separate mini rooms with an open bunk in the same hotel room as the parents double bed. Going for 4 night but only want 2 days of parks. Budget around €1000 for hotel and parks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Hi all. Apologies if this has been dealt with before in this thread, but I’ve done a search and honestly can’t find it. It’s about Disneyland Paris.
    We’ll be on a camping holiday in Normandy in June and are considering a day trip (and JUST a day trip) to DLP. The question is simply if you had to choose one of the two parks, which would be best for a five-year-old boy?
    He won’t know that there’s a second park that he’s missing out on, and we hope to go back to DLP ‘properly’ at some future stage to do it properly anyway.

Def the main park for only one day for me

Plenty to do and see

Thanks. I realise I'm really showing my ignorance of DLP here, but by 'the main park', I presume you mean Disneyland Park? Not Walt Disney Studios Park?

Yes Disneyland Park

Much more to do and see with the main castle and different areas to Disney Studios

Studios is good too but Disneyland Park better to see for one day

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I've had a look at some of the other threads for this but no joy.

My family and I are heading to California in August - starting in San Fran and making our way down to LA; 11 nights total. There's lots we want to do but in particular we want to see Alkatraz (we're staying in San Fran for 3 nights), Disneyland (we're staying in Anaheim for 2 nights for this specifically - Star Wars Land!) and Universal Studios (we're in LA for 2 days). We'd love to see Muir Woods also but not sure it'll be possible logistically, I'm still looking into it though.

I've been pricing all of these and it comes to a grand total of €1,347.1 for the three of us - €317.10 for a hop off/on bus tour with admission to Alkatraz, €717 for Disney (2 day park hopper) and €313 for Universal.

Is there any better/cheaper way to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

No longer required

apologies for the thread bump.

this lot as good as it gets?
    (buying one day pass for Disney land and a second pass for studio land):
    https://www.attractionticketsdirect.ie/disneyland®-paris-tickets/1-day1-park-disneyland®-paris-ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Hi Guys.

Going to Orlando. Got unlimited for Universal, looking to go to Disney World for one day, Animal Kingdom.

Any help on where best deals are for one day? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Looking for advice on Gardaland tickets, day pass €39, while season pass is €49. I'm guessing I should go for the season pass- just wondering am I missing some catch? Should I buy and print at home before going or can the season pass be got at the park? Family of 4 - 2Adults + 2C, ages 6 and 14 - can't see a family pass option, wondering if there is one? would we want to go to gardaland more than once/ ? Any advice welcome

Advertisement