Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

+1 for Magical Shuttle, return for 2 adults and 3 kids last year was, I think, around €120ish. Hassle free, about an hours journey to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭footloose32

We always use ezyshuttle (private transfer), it doesn't work out that much more expensive than the bus transfer and they provide car seats. I find this option much less stressful with luggage, buggies etc...and the driver is there waiting for you at the airport so it's quick turnaround from airport to hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We are also using Ezyshuttle next month for the reasons already mentioned,
    They are very well reviewed on TripAdvisor, owned by an Irish guy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We used ISPrestige Shuttle service...only way to go with small kids
    Well worth it
    You don't want to trek them through subways etc
    They were first class and very professional

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We used ISPrestige Shuttle service...only way to go with small kids
    Well worth it
    You don't want to trek them through subways etc
    They were first class and very professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sherwood12

Hi, could anyone recommend the best way to get from Fuertaventura Airport to Corralejo. Would a private transfer be your best option or just get taxis at the airport? There are 8 of us travelling. If private transfer is the best option, can you recommend a company please?

A taxi will be about €50 so you'll need two, journey time of 35 minutes approx, not sure you'd get 8 into an 8 seater with luggage

You could use Hoppa, haven't used them myself but you may have to wait for other planes to land for other users,
    https://www.hoppa.com/ie/spain/fuerteventura-el-matorral-airport

There is a public bus option which will require a bus change

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is a public bus option which will require a bus change

+1 there is a bus service which would require you to change at the bus station in Puerto Del Rosario which is a town just north of the airport. The bus station is a modest little affair with toilets and a coffee bar. From there you'd get another bus direct to Corralejo.

Linea 03 from Las Salinas or Caleta de Fuste to Puerto Del Rosario, stops at the airport. Destination might show as 'Pto Rosario' or 'Estacion Puerto'.

http://tiadhe.com/en/line-03/

Linea 06 from Puerto Del Roasario to Corralejo

http://tiadhe.com/en/line-06/

With bags it might be a hassle, I'd get two taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

I regularly travel to DLP from CDG and use the RER trains

RER B - CDG to Chatelet Les Halles (switch platforms across no need to go up the stairs)
    RER A - Chatelet Les Halles to Marne La Vallee

Hi all,

Im bringing my son and his friend to Salou in a couple of weeks.
    I was thinking of doing 1 day in the water park and 2 days in Portaventura.
    However I'm a little nervous over the water park because I cant swim.
    Can anybody tell me are there plenty of lifeguards?
    They are both 11 and adventurous.
    Any other advise about Salou would be great,
    Cheers, Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Lifeguards everywhere through the water park. The majority if not all of the slides have exit pools that you could stand in.

I can't swim either, so I just avoid any slides with water deeper than I'm comfortable with at the end of them.

One day is definitely enough for the aqua park. Two days is enough for the main park if you're considering full days.

It will be extremely hot so consider going early morning or late afternoon/evening. We found that going late afternoon & staying until closing worked best & avoided the heat and the worst of the queues. Fireworks etc. on the lake every night at closing is worth seeing.

We had prepared for long waits & maybe buying express passes but didn't need them in the end.

Do consider Ferrari Land next door. Probably only good for a half day or less though. Red Force is amazing & there's a museum of sorts. Special offers available on tickets as you leave the main park or condsider 3 day, 3 park tickets.

If you're staying in Portaventura then Salou is a 15-20 minutes walk, or a €10 taxi ride away. If you're staying in Salou you can use public transport or taxi to get to Partaventura if you don't fancy the walk.

In Salou itself it's really nice along the beach & prom. Don't bother with the Tourist Train (it's rubbish IMO).

Any specific questions feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I'm hopefully going to Disneyland Paris with a few friends and have seen that the French website is much cheaper. I had a look online and in this thread already and haven't seen anything definite from recent times, how did people get around the French address?

I've seen from a few years ago people put their address with UK (was a UK site) at the end just before France and it was fine. Has anyone done this? Do you pick everything up at the hotel? We are looking at the Sequoia Lodge Golden club rooms to include breakfast and a fastpass. Thanks.

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I'm hopefully going to Disneyland Paris with a few friends and have seen that the French website is much cheaper. I had a look online and in this thread already and haven't seen anything definite from recent times, how did people get around the French address?

I've seen from a few years ago people put their address with UK (was a UK site) at the end just before France and it was fine. Has anyone done this? Do you pick everything up at the hotel? We are looking at the Sequoia Lodge Golden club rooms to include breakfast and a fastpass. Thanks.

Two options,

You can call DLP central reservations & ask for the current French offer, think they refer to it as a crossover offer.
    00 33 1 60 30 60 53 (English speaking)

Online leave the country as France, don't think you can change it anyway, when putting in your address, for example put Dublin, Ireland or Limerick, Ireland

Confirmation is via email

Fast pass is free to all guests, I think with your offer you get an extra free one per day, not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

Ive booked for this year and used the german offer
    I checked all the sites and they can have a big diffrence in price
    .ie
    .co.uk
    .fr
    .it
    .cz
    .es
    .com
    .nl
    and so on

Check the prices and then call the booking line and say you want the deal from x website :)

Your confirmation letter will be in the language of the site you choose the offer from

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Two options,

You can call DLP central reservations & ask for the current French offer, think they refer to it as a crossover offer.
    00 33 1 60 30 60 53 (English speaking)

Online leave the country as France, don't think you can change it anyway, when putting in your address, for example put Dublin, Ireland or Limerick, Ireland

Confirmation is via email

Fast pass is free to all guests, I think with your offer you get an extra free one per day, not 100% sure
    mittimitti wrote: »
    Ive booked for this year and used the german offer
    I checked all the sites and they can have a big diffrence in price
    .ie
    .co.uk
    .fr
    .it
    .cz
    .es
    .com
    .nl
    and so on

Check the prices and then call the booking line and say you want the deal from x website :)

Your confirmation letter will be in the language of the site you choose the offer from

Perfect, thank you both very much! Excited for Disney now :)

Perfect, thank you both very much! Excited for Disney now :)

No probs, we were there in July for 4 nights, tbh I wasn't really looking forward to it, had been twice in the early 2000's & have a number of trips to WDW under our belts BUT we had a great time, I thought the two parks compared favourably to Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios in Fla, Hotel Cheyenne has recently had a complete refurb & was very good.

Food is expensive & of varying quality, there is a huge Auchen supermarket 5 mins away on the RER train or €20 in a taxi if you need to stock up on stuff, very reasonably priced.

Well worth staying late at least one night for Illuminations, it's very good.

Use the EMH, enjoy your trip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Family of 4 staying in the Newport Bay Club. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for transport from CDG to the hotel and back? The Disney shuttle service seems way overpriced and the train could be a bit of a pain with the kids. I have seen a few private operators, has anyone any experience with them and maybe can recommend someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭footloose32

We use ezyshuttle every time we go. Always found them very reliable.
    Driver meets you in the airport arrivals area, they provide car seats and take payment on the day.

We also used Ezyshuttle, can't fault them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Why would the train be a pain? Could use an uber no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

whats the weather like in disneyland paris in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any theme parks in Virginia? I’m going there end of September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any theme parks in Virginia? I’m going there end of September

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g28967-Activities-c52-Virginia.html

fletch wrote: »
    Why would the train be a pain? Could use an uber no?

Traveling with kids & luggage, the train isn't as convenient as a private transfer, the RER from CDG to Marne-La-Vallee isn't cheap either plus you will have to walk from Marne-La-Vallee RER to your hotel

Ten of us at €28 per person had return transfers from CDG to Disneyland Paris with Ezyshuttle, journey time approx 35/40 minutes in spotless minivans, a door to door service. There are slightly cheaper private transfers available but I'd happily use again & recommend Ezyshuttle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭webpal

Looking for disneyworld and universal tickets for next year, anyone know if any companies do deals on Black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭piaget

Looking to book a trip to Legoland Denmark next July/August for about 2 days and then a few days in Copenhagen. Has anybody ever done it and have any recommendations on either a package or booking a family friendly hotel direct in both places.

Will be flying into Copenhagen and then driving across to Billund (approx. 3 hours) so any driving tips would be helpful, seems to be the only route from Dublin other than going to Heathrow and connect.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can fly via Copenhagen, Frankfurt and London City also at least. There are or were significant tolls on the belt bridges on the way over

The German Legoland is superior and cheaper to the Danish (and English) one if you haven't decided solidly on which one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

L1011 wrote: »
    You can fly via Copenhagen, Frankfurt and London City also at least. There are or were significant tolls on the belt bridges on the way over

The German Legoland is superior and cheaper to the Danish (and English) one if you haven't decided solidly on which one yet

Didn’t know about the German one was was going to surprise the family at Christmas with a trip to legoland (later in the year)

Do they cater for English speaking guests or would the language barrier deter from the kids enjoyment?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

ted1 wrote: »
    Didn’t know about the German one was was going to surprise the family at Christmas with a trip to legoland (later in the year)

Do they cater for English speaking guests or would the language barrier deter from the kids enjoyment?

We went to Legoland Deutschland in the summer of 2018. We stayed on site in a self catering "racing car" cabin. Legoland Windsor was a superior park and staying in the hotels onsite made for a more superior experience. Windsor was more expensive but not by much, Germany didn't offer any significant discounts, I booked a flexible option in Dec 2017 and kept an eye on prices, they didn't decrease for our August dates. Watch for a Blackfriday deal, they offered a German annual Merlin pass for half price, it offers a big discount on hotel prices.
    We didn't speak any German but it was not a problem.
    There is a Centre Parcs type resort near Legoland Billund which could help extend your stay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ted1 wrote: »

Both German and Danish ones are fine for English speaking kids. Danish possibly a little more so.

Advertisement