Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭biblio

If it's any help there's an airport in Billund, Ryanair fly there from Stansted.
    Company I used to deal with had their HQ there and their guys flew Billund- Stansted -Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the food situation in Disneyland Paris. Health problems mean that I'm currently on a very, very restricted diet and have to eat at least 50% of my meals in liquid form. I'll be in self catering accommodation so I can sort myself out in the morning evening, but does anyone know if the food establishments in the park would be willing to heat up purees/nutritional supplements in a microwave? And, in addition, whether it's possible for adults to eat off the children's menu (I can only eat small amounts of solid food at a time)? I can bring a doctor's note with me if necessary.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the food situation in Disneyland Paris. Health problems mean that I'm currently on a very, very restricted diet and have to eat at least 50% of my meals in liquid form. I'll be in self catering accommodation so I can sort myself out in the morning evening, but does anyone know if the food establishments in the park would be willing to heat up purees/nutritional supplements in a microwave? And, in addition, whether it's possible for adults to eat off the children's menu (I can only eat small amounts of solid food at a time)? I can bring a doctor's note with me if necessary.

Thanks!

Best thing to do is contact them directly

Disney Dieticians Special Dietary Requirements & Enquiries
    TEL: 0033 164 743 978
    Email: dlp.dietetique@disney.com

Great, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

IIRC there are microwaves in the baby centres around the park as well as kettles. I can't see the bigger restaurants having a problem with heating stuff. We certainly got bottles heated before without issue. Definitely should no issue with you ordering a small portion or a child's meal anywhere in the park.

As naughtysmurf suggests, and for your own peace of mind, contact the park directly.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Fdevine - I rang the park yesterday and they confirmed most of what you said. They didn't mention the baby stations, but that might be an option, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was going to bring my son to LL in Windsor and then thought of Brexit.

Is anyone booking the UK these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

tatranska wrote: »

Common Travel Area between Ireland and the UK is not affected no matter what happens. We'll most likely benefit from a drop in sterling too, which will help considering the price of Legoland Windsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

tatranska wrote: »

I’ve booked st Patrick’s weekend. No change till the 29th ;) but there won’t be much different just like going to a non eu country. But easier .,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wouldn't be going till may. His class are making their communion and this is his treat while not making it.

They are doing some very good deals at present for accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd expect all sort of scare stories in the media for the first few of months of 2019 which might put UK people off booking holidays in the rest of Europe. This might increase demand for local tourists spots so if I was you I'd book it now as demand from domestic tourists could increase in early 2019 which would push up the prices.

Even if the Brits are not worried about the availability of flights and/or immigration issues travelling to Europe, sterling will probably take a hammering because of uncertainty over a hard Brexit and this would also increase demand for UK tourist spots because a weak sterling makes UK tourists spots cheaper for foreign visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Go to the German one instead if you have any concerns. Particularly if likely to want to stock up as it has better retail and no potential customs risks

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi, thinking of bringing the family to Disneyland in 2019. Never been before, anyone have any tips/advice?

Was looking at booking through a travel agent all inclusive, as opposed to trying to book everything individually.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We went 4 years ago, two girls 12 & 7. Had been previously then eldest was 6

My advice is it’s not worth the money !

Our kids would rather go back to futurescooe than Euro Disney and I’d agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://www.puydufou.com/en?language_content_entity=en

This probably the best park entertainment in France!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

We have been a bunch and of times and I would say it is worth the money. Most recent time was when our son was 3, he loved it.

Unless it is cheaper to book by travel agent I would do it all yourself. Pretty simple, flights to CDG and either train, bus or rent a car. Stay in one of the hotels beside the park IMO.

We stayed usually in the New York hotel but it is closed now for renovations. New Port is nice also.

Hi, thinking of bringing the family to Disneyland in 2019. Never been before, anyone have any tips/advice?

Was looking at booking through a travel agent all inclusive, as opposed to trying to book everything individually.

Thanks in advance

We were there in July for four nights, after numerous trips to Florida I wasn't particularly looking forward to it but actually had a good time,
    Just book your own flights into either Beauvais with Ryanair or CDG with Aer Lingus, the transfer time from Beauvais is longer to Disneyland but CDG is a kip, I wouldn't say there is much difference in door to door travel time between the two options

We used Ezyshuttle to transfer from CDG to Disneyland, there are others but we found them very good, excellent reliability and reviews on Tripadvisor

We stayed at Disney Hotel Cheyenne, it was absolutely fine, very quiet actually in July, great weather, ten minute walk to the parks, booked direct with Disney with tickets included, we booked the UK offer at the time as it was cheaper than the Irish offer, exchange rate helped too, you can book any countries offer

We didn't buy any dining plan just ate as we needed

Three or four full days is all you need, the only thing with DLP for me is go in the summer, it would be no craic in the cold & wet

The two parks compare well to Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios in Florida

Do a dummy DIY booking & compare with travel agents offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I stayed at the Disneyland hotel at the entrance .. very nice .. but expensive and with young kids it was so easy to walk in and out of the park all day long and not to have to worry about shuttles etc.

Food everywhere in the parks is muck and not a decent cup of coffee to be gotten anywhere.

Just prepare to spend a few days eating rubber chicken dippers and frozen chips.

I’ve been to Orlando and while these are better parks the Paris one does what it says on the tin.

What ever your budget is for spending money .. double it .. it is one big merchandise super store and regardless of what you think you’ll spend you will end up buying loads of over priced tat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭sundodger5

We did it a few times when the kids were younger. on one of our last trips we planned on doing the two parks over two days, Disneyland and Walt Disney studio. whilst buying the tickets at the gate the cashier worked out it was nearly as cheap to get an annual pass.
    So we did and went back a bit earlier the following year and used the annual pass again.
    Not sure if the math on pricing is still the same but might be worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Price the yearly ticket it’s usually hidden away but is cheaper than booking two or day ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

We went in March 2018, to surprise our 6yr old daughter for her birthday. We booked the flights in April 2017 with Aer Lingus flying into CDG. Gave us a year to save for the rest of it. We also have a 3 ye old so we checked in a large suitcase/bag.

We stayed 4 nights in a family room in the NY Hotel beside the Disney Village - it’s currently being refurbished as a Marvel themed hotel I think. We booked a private airport/hotel transfer which was brilliant. We also booked a Disney Princess lunch which was crazy money, food was average at best, kids didn’t eat anything but our daughter had a birthday to remember with Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Elsa, Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. Her reaction was worth the money. We also booked the Wild West Show - I could leave that but my wife wanted to see it. We didn’t go for meal plans or any of that craic. The food is ****e everywhere and over priced so just wing it for the few days. At least without meal-plans you have a bit of freedom. You’d need a degree to figure some of the T&Cs put. McDonalds in the Disney Village was handy. In hindsight, a breakfast option would’ve been handy though - just for starting the day.

By staying in the Disney hotels you get your park tickets included and they have characters there in the morning. Beats queueing in the park for photos which makes life a little easier for the kids.

Would highly recommend staying within walking distance to the park. We were able to come back to the hotel room late afternoon for a rest and then head back in in the evening for one or two rides and the Illuminations fireworks (an amazing show). If you go during the summer, the fireworks won’t be on until much later and our kids wouldn’t have been able for it.

March was a lovely time to visit. Think it’s the quietest time of the year. We booked it around St Patrick’s Day and it worked out well. The visitor numbers on a Thu/Fri compared to Sat/Sun were unbelievable so would highly recommend you book around weekdays if at all possible.

We booked all the Disney stuff and transfer through Magicbreaks.co.uk and reckon we saved about €250 on all the Disney costs.

We are looking forward to doing the exact same trip in 2yrs time where we’ll probably be spending a small fortune on having lunch with Captain America, Ironman and Spider-Man!

It’s a great trip! I know it’s not like Orlando but it’s different and for younger children it’s perfect!

There’s a Facebook group called Disneyland Paris for Brits which is a hive of information - worth joining if you do book it. Very handy when you’re there too - one of the better uses of Social Media!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

we booked a 3 night stay there last christmas , we have been before and stayed in sequoia lodge which was good,and for the christmas trip we stayed in hotel cheyenne lodge
    Here is a tip that will save you a few hundred if you haven't already booked.....
    we looked at the price for a 3 day four park ticket on the .ie disney site and it came in at 940 euros, the exact same booking on the french site .fr came in at 490 euros....... saving us around 450 euro, so guess where we booked...., flight prices vary on a daily basis so keep a close eye on them. kids had a great time and we have been to all of the disney parks, universal studios ect florida quite a few times but still enjoyed Disney paris, its fraction of the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Heading to Disney / Universal etc in Orlando in April and was hoping to stay somewhere still within a 20 / 30 minute drive or so of the parks but basically in a location that does not feel like you are stuck in a disney loop 24/7!!

Have all the info on idrive - kissimmee etc etc but are there any locations that people could recommend that are nice, regular neighborhoods that do not feel like they were purpose built for tourists. Somewhere that you could walk to nice coffee shops or restaurants. Happy to look at airbnb along with hotels and townhouses.

Such an option may not even exist but worth a shot!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Heading to Disney / Universal etc in Orlando in April and was hoping to stay somewhere still within a 20 / 30 minute drive or so of the parks but basically in a location that does not feel like you are stuck in a disney loop 24/7!!

Have all the info on idrive - kissimmee etc etc but are there any locations that people could recommend that are nice, regular neighborhoods that do not feel like they were purpose built for tourists. Somewhere that you could walk to nice coffee shops or restaurants. Happy to look at airbnb along with hotels and townhouses.

Such an option may not even exist but worth a shot!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Disney & Universal are about 20 miles from eachother. To be honest, once you drive off Disney & Universal property you won't feel like you are stuck in a loop.
    As you know about I drive & Kissimmee, you may be better off renting a villa, usually with a private pool, WI-FI, washer / dryer etc, a lot of these are stand alone homes in regular what they call sub - divisions with normal families living there. The hardest part of your criteria is finding somewhere close enough to walk to nice coffee shops & restaurants, everybody drives.

There are a few sub - divisions possibly walkable to Berry Town Center on Highway 27 like Highlands Reserve & High Grove, they'd just about meet your distance requirements from the parks too.

Maybe look at staying in Celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

thanks for your input. Wil look at the options. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

taking the Hassenforders to Disneyland on a Paris stopover.

Anyone stay at Explorers hotel? looks cheap and cheerful for 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

looks like a good hotel and thinking of staying there myself, but when you look at the park entry prices would it not be cheaper to stay in a disney hotel and get access included? prices would obviously depend on when you are going and i am going on the prices on the abbey travel website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

duffysfarm wrote: »
    looks like a good hotel and thinking of staying there myself, but when you look at the park entry prices would it not be cheaper to stay in a disney hotel and get access included? prices would obviously depend on when you are going and i am going on the prices on the abbey travel website

Ive the flights booked already so just looking at daypass and hotel. This looks cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

We've stayed there twice and found it fine.

The hotel is basic enough, but it has a great pool which is great for reviving after a day in the park.

Access to the parks is via the shuttle bus that runs every 10 or 15 minutes, so you'll be fine in that regard.

If memory serves me, it qualifies for the extra hours - so you can get into the park at 8 AM instead of 10 AM.

Making me jealous - want to go again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Ninesell

I stayed in Hôtel l'Élysée Val d'Europe. This is beside Val d'Europe shopping centre and has a shuttle to Disney and easy rail access.

Advertisement