Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Another forecast from me:

Friday - cloudy but dry, maybe the lightest of drizzle in the morning. Highs of 16/17c around lunchtime, overnight low about 10c.
    Saturday - fully overcast but dry, again the chance of very light drizzle in the morning. Highs of 18c, overnight low about 12c.
    Sunday AM - fully overcast but dry. Highs of 18c.
    Sunday PM - I don't want to put an exact time on it, but somewhere between 3pm and 5pm we could see the arrival of some rain, starting fairly light at first, but overnight into Monday it will become very heavy and we'll potentially see some thunderstorms. It'll stay fairly warm though, around 14c.

I would seriously recommend making the most of Friday, Saturday, and the first half of Sunday, but have your ponchos at the ready for Sunday evening if you're sticking around.

A few forecast models have shown this fairly consistently over the last couple of days, and as ever, it's impossible to know what Sunday's weather will really be like until Sunday, but thunderstorms would be a fairly serious reason to consider shipping home on the Sunday instead of Monday morning. Keep an eye on your Met Eireann app (download it if you don't have it).

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

AdamD wrote: »
    Are they strict on drink? E.g. if you had 16 cans and a bottle of spirits (in a water bottle), would they be bothered?
    In my experience they are mainly concerned about finding glass, not about how much drink you have .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

This is my festival drink list GooglePlus,

1 x slab cans:
    12 Larger
    6 Bulmers Cloudy lemon
    6 Bulmers Strawberry and Lime
    1 x litre of Gin

The bulmers is for the morning, when you cant face the larger yet, to ease into the day so to speak.
    The Gin is for decanting into a litre bottle of ballygown water and bringing it in with your food stuffs stored next to two other actualy bottles of ballygown water.
    Buy two of the collapsible water bottles below from SportsDirect. Fill them with Gin and them into the festival with you. You can clip them to your belt. You then mix the gin with 7up you can buy in the festival.

Customized-Color-Logo-Promotion-Folding-Hiking-Drinking-Plastic-Water-Bottle.jpg

A master at work, thank you!

AdamD wrote: »
    Are they strict on drink? E.g. if you had 16 cans and a bottle of spirits (in a water bottle), would they be bothered?

I've only ever seen people run into issues when they had glass bottles but then they were given the option to pour into provided plastic.

Every year, my bag has been lightly tapped about but not thouroughly checked and I've always had over the allowence.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

MJohnston wrote: »
    Another forecast from me:

Friday - cloudy but dry, maybe the lightest of drizzle in the morning. Highs of 16/17c around lunchtime, overnight low about 10c.
    Saturday - fully overcast but dry, again the chance of very light drizzle in the morning. Highs of 18c, overnight low about 12c.
    Sunday AM - fully overcast but dry. Highs of 18c.
    Sunday PM - I don't want to put an exact time on it, but somewhere between 3pm and 5pm we could see the arrival of some rain, starting fairly light at first, but overnight into Monday it will become very heavy and we'll potentially see some thunderstorms. It'll stay fairly warm though, around 14c.

I would seriously recommend making the most of Friday, Saturday, and the first half of Sunday, but have your ponchos at the ready for Sunday evening if you're sticking around.

A few forecast models have shown this fairly consistently over the last couple of days, and as ever, it's impossible to know what Sunday's weather will really be like until Sunday, but thunderstorms would be a fairly serious reason to consider shipping home on the Sunday instead of Monday morning. Keep an eye on your Met Eireann app (download it if you don't have it).

The rain that's been forecast has been pushing more in to the Monday over the last 24hrs. So here's hoping it pushes into late Monday as the days go on (fingers crossed). AND at least if it does rain, we'll have enjoyed most of the festival in relative dryness, and who knows, maybe even a few hours of blissful sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

So quick question about the campervan area, its our first time camping there. I'm wondering will they let me hold a space next to us , as my friend is also bringing a campervan but is arriving some time after me ( maybe an hour). And we would like to be parked beside each other. And also is there any issue if another of our friends pops his tent between our vans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Booked Sunday tickets just for The Blaze.

One of the highlights of EP last year and flew to Berlin for them Paddys weekend. They put on an incredible live show, I look forward to all the new fans they will gain come midnight Sunday.

Everyone should have them on their must see list.

Few more recommendations for Sunday please ladies and gents?

Also someone told me I can bring cans into the arena Sunday with a day pass, I feel this is a lie, please confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Few more recommendations for Sunday please ladies and gents?

My personal recommendation would be go to Thumper, then SOAK, then Sing Along Social, then Kate Tempest and then Junior Brother before you head to The Blaze. Or at least try catch some of them. The beauty of body and soul is being late for stuff and chancing upon an unexpected gem.

Dreamgun Film Reads are on even earlier. They're absolutely hilarious if anyone is in the mood for comedy. They completely rewrite scripts of classic movies and take the piss out of it and then actors and comedians act it out on stage without any rehearsal so there's some funny improv in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

jmauel wrote:
    So quick question about the campervan area, its our first time camping there. I'm wondering will they let me hold a space next to us , as my friend is also bringing a campervan but is arriving some time after me ( maybe an hour). And we would like to be parked beside each other. And also is there any issue if another of our friends pops his tent between our vans ?

I had a single female friend joining us late last year and I explained and pegged a ground sheet in space beside us and it worked out ok.

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Also someone told me I can bring cans into the arena Sunday with a day pass, I feel this is a lie, please confirm.

Don't think you can, I'm afraid but I could be wrong.

Anyone know how much drinks are in the arena itself, I forget from previous years and want to plan a budget for food/drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Don't think you can, I'm afraid but I could be wrong.

Anyone know how much drinks are in the arena itself, I forget from previous years and want to plan a budget for food/drink.

Usual festival prices, €6-7 for a pint, pretty sure I paid over a tenner for Mojitos somewhere along the line...

Food tends to be about a tenner a go. Food on Board area is gazillion times better than general vans which actually has some nice options last year.

Bring cash, silly Qs for the cash point(s) and stalls had limited cashless options - hopefully this will be better this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The closer this is getting the more I want to go. Just don't have the cash! I have been entering competitions like a mad man. Completely agree that the Blaze are 100% worth going to see on Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

The closer this is getting the more I want to go. Just don't have the cash! I have been entering competitions like a mad man. Completely agree that the Blaze are 100% worth going to see on Sunday night!

Seen people selling weekend tickets for 100 pound and 150 euro earlier on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

navosa wrote: »
    mimimcmc wrote: »
    So the sister is after winning tickets to this and we're gonna head up Friday evening, the tickets are general camping but we'd prefer the us & you camping, anyone know if we can upgrade to them??

They're pretty good at responding to facebook messages, I swapped mine over last year by emailing support@ticketbooth.eu so that might be worth a mail too!

Just to confirm what navosa said, just spotted this on the website....

"To change your ticket to an Us&You Ticket, email your request to support@ticketbooth.eu with your order details."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Seen people selling weekend tickets for 100 pound and 150 euro earlier on twitter

I wonder how many of these are from people using disposable debit cards to avail of the pay half before and half after offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Clashtastic!

I've had Confidence Man songs stuck in my head all day so I think I've found my answer:D

whelzer wrote: »
    Bring cash, silly Qs for the cash point(s) and stalls had limited cashless options - hopefully this will be better this year.

Secret: to avoid queing up at that single ATM inside the area for hours on end, Kanum do cashback. It requires buying their food however.

Hey BD, how is the festival site shaping up? Arrive in walking boots or runners? What are the new stages like? All info appreciated - few pics would be a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Is anyone definite on what your allowed bring in to the main arena, drink wise?

I think your not allowed bring cans into the main arena, where all the stages are, during the day. I think this rule changes past 11pm(?)
    Can you bring water containers similar to below in? they would be full of drink.
    Or is it a case like the picnic, where you have to sneak it in....

Customized-Color-Logo-Promotion-Folding-Hiking-Drinking-Plastic-Water-Bottle.jpg

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is anyone definite on what your allowed bring in to the main arena, drink wise?

I think your not allowed bring cans into the main arena, where all the stages are, during the day. I think this rule changes past 11pm(?)
    Can you bring water containers similar to below in? they would be full of drink.
    Or is it a case like the picnic, where you have to sneak it in....

thanks!

Can bring in anything you want as far as I remember. There are no security checks once you enter the festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Battery packs being charged. First batch of cans chilling at home. Tower of sambos being constructed tonight.

What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

it's a free flow alcohol festival you can bring whatever drink you want anywhere as long as it's not glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Any tips on carrying cans around the festival. A schoolbag seems like it'd be the best option?

A193 wrote: »
    Any tips on carrying cans around the festival. A schoolbag seems like it'd be the best option?

I think drawstrings work great. Less bulky than a school bag so if you're in a crowd you're not constantly getting knocked around. They also fit a surprising amount of cans. Can roll them up and put them in your pocket when empty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

hugeglobe wrote: »
    I think drawstrings work great. Less bulky than a school bag so if you're in a crowd you're not constantly getting knocked around. They also fit a surprising amount of cans. Can roll them up and put them in your pocket when empty as well.

I have one of those alright, thought it might be a big tight on the arms if it's carrying a bit of weight, but it'll do!

I have one of those alright, thought it might be a big tight on the arms if it's carrying a bit of weight, but it'll do!

First world problems ;) ...

I found the B&S site so handy last year that nipping back to the tent for supplies was no big deal, whereas at EP it feels like a full on trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm basically sponsored by Fjallraven this weekend. Their Kanken Mini backpacks are superb for cans. And I've one of their hip bags because I don't trust my shorts will retain my wallet/keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

From my previous experiences at festivals with such policies is use a foldable backpack. The one I have is osprey it’s perfect. Used it for B&S couples of years ago and glasto among others. There is no support in the back but I juts tip some cardboard and put it in the back and it works great. I have one from osprey that cost 20quid would recommend.

Also, I feel like other festivals are missing a trick with the free flow policy. It really enhances the experience and makes the whole site feel together, EP main area and camp feels very different and sometimes like two different things altogether. Big ups to B&S and ATN for this. I always wonder do bar sales suffer that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GarTay28

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Is the campsite open as usual at 12pm on Friday? I can't find a time anywhere.

Yes parking from 9 and opening at 12.. its on the ticket

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Also, I feel like other festivals are missing a trick with the free flow policy. It really enhances the experience and makes the whole site feel together, EP main area and camp feels very different and sometimes like two different things altogether. Big ups to B&S and ATN for this. I always wonder do bar sales suffer that much.

I'd say they suffer massively, rarely a queue for pints during the day in B&S!

Advertisement