Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭whelzer

So what are peoples must sees?

Mine are (in day order)...

K&D
    Talos
    IAMDDB
    Kneecap
    Fish Go Deep
    Sleaford Mods
    KKK
    Ssion (clash with Sleaford :eek:)
    Coley
    The Blaze
    Kate Tempest
    Parra For Cuva
    Cian Finn (not at Midnight Circus)
    TPM - playing twice, so will try and catch them once - "Boys on the dole" would be laugh live...

About from that I've about 20 nice to see acts but would not be too disappointed. I am not that fussed about Modeselektor, is that bad??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Modeselektor and Ibibio are top of my list at the minute.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Modeselektor and Ibibio are top of my list at the minute.

Forgot about Ibibio and Meltybrains and ....

Ahhhhh bring on Friday! I cannot function @ work in this state!

Still looking good on the forecasts for a dry Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, also still looking increasingly nailed down for a wet Sunday, or at least post-midday. Hopefully it shifts just a few hours Monday-wards and stays dry until later on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Ibibo Sound Machine
    Moxie (band)
    Kate Tempest
    Automatic Tasty
    Cait
    Donna Leake
    Confidence Man
    Modeselektor
    My House (they're back for all of Friday in the bulmers tent woo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mickc10

for a complete newbie to B&S and not a hugely knowledgeable electronic fan what DJs would you guys recommend? I've always loved Djs that mix-in well known tunes from different artists. Who would be the most likely to do this? cheers for the guidance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

mickc10 wrote: »
    for a complete newbie to B&S and not a hugely knowledgeable electronic fan what DJs would you guys recommend? I've always loved Djs that mix-in well known tunes from different artists. Who would be the most likely to do this? cheers for the guidance :)

Mother DJs are always amazing craic at Body & Soul. They play a lot of well known 80s type songs but also some good electronic music, I would almost guarantee you a good time at them!

Kellyanne Byrne is very similar to Mother DJs too. Fish Go Deep, Disconauts, Sally Cinnamon all have played nice sets of house/disco type stuff too anytime I've seen them. The Drifter, Mano le Tough, Lil Dave all on the Sunday are very good DJs but a bit more electronic/darker.

The Blaze are brilliant headlining the main stage on Sunday night too, I would definitely check them out if you have never heard of them.

mickc10 wrote: »

I think you might very much enjoy Sing Along Social, which is not a DJ really, but still!

I don't think the DJs at B&S are likely to play very well known stuff mostly, although you'll get plenty of DJs playing the odd well known tune from decades past!

Mother DJs are always amazing craic at Body & Soul. They play a lot of well known 80s type songs but also some good electronic music, I would almost guarantee you a good time at them!

Kellyanne Byrne is very similar to Mother DJs too. Fish Go Deep, Disconauts, Sally Cinnamon all have played nice sets of house/disco type stuff too anytime I've seen them. The Drifter, Mano le Tough, Lil Dave all on the Sunday are very good DJs but a bit more electronic/darker.

The Blaze are brilliant headlining the main stage on Sunday night too, I would definitely check them out if you have never heard of them.

All good shouts. Kellyanne Byrne for sure - I wouldn't be mad into mainstream leaning stuff but thought her set last year was great and masterfully woven together.

Claire Beck at the Secret Garden stage on Sunday would be worth checking too.

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think you might very much enjoy Sing Along Social, which is not a DJ really, but still!

I don't think the DJs at B&S are likely to play very well known stuff mostly, although you'll get plenty of DJs playing the odd well known tune from decades past!

Some craic last year - especially coming after the Joyful Noise act, Woodlands stage in the sunshine, I have a few videos of it actually - it was unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Peesh89

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Ibibo Sound Machine
    Moxie (band)
    Kate Tempest
    Automatic Tasty
    Cait
    Donna Leake
    Confidence Man
    Modeselektor
    My House (they're back for all of Friday in the bulmers tent woo)

What's My House all about?

Peesh89 wrote: »
    What's My House all about?

They used to have their own area (a house), but it stopped in 2017? But they'd have one of their kids who couldn't have been older than 10 banging out tunes on the decks and just general weirdness ongoing.

Sounds fabliss, will deffo give it a bash can't remember seeing it before.

My absolute must sees are in bold.. all the rest I'd love to catch some of but wont cry about it.

Kneecap
    Murder Capital
    Roe
    K&D
    Meltybrains
    Ibibio Sound machine
    King Kong Comp
    Confidence Man

KellyAnne Byrne
    Mother DJs
    Modeselektor
    Coley
    Just Mustard
    Tulla Ceili Band
    Baikal
    Soak
    Parra for cuva
    SingAlongSocial
    Sim Simma SoundSystem
    Cupcakke
    The Blaze

Raging over King Kong and Confidence Man clash - will have to do half and half I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Any recommendations for drink to bring with me for the weekend?

Usually bring beer but come Saturday, I cant stand the warm cans.

Is there ice available??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

First time at B&S, going to be working it, does anybody know what's the craic with driving in and out daily rather than camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

GooglePlus wrote: »

Is there ice available??

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Cool wrote: »
    First time at B&S, going to be working it, does anybody know what's the craic with driving in and out daily rather than camping?

But how will you get wrecked??

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Best/ quickest way to get there from Dublin in the late afternoon???

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MichaelM93l

The excitement has kicked right in, weather forecast looking decent, bags all packed, slab of heino in the fridge, now is the waiting game.

Here’s to a great weekend lads, let’s all give it our best and have a good one.

This really will be the most magical place in the isle of Ireland to be this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

The Cool wrote: »

anyone remember that lad in the EP thread last year who explained how he actually drove his car into the Jimmy Hendrix Campsite and unloaded his gear then drove back out to the car park??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

King Kong Company or Confidence Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MichaelM93l

keithkk16 wrote: »

Tough call, since KKC are on main stage they could have something big planned which would be good craic but Confidence Man aren’t going to here as often as KKC are.

More leaning to KKC for the buzz of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

So the sister is after winning tickets to this and we're gonna head up Friday evening, the tickets are general camping but we'd prefer the us & you camping, anyone know if we can upgrade to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

mimimcmc wrote: »
    So the sister is after winning tickets to this and we're gonna head up Friday evening, the tickets are general camping but we'd prefer the us & you camping, anyone know if we can upgrade to them??

Someone earlier in this thread stated that they had Us&You but are going to use the General Camping instead. Might be worth a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

mimimcmc wrote: »

They're pretty good at responding to facebook messages, I swapped mine over last year by emailing support@ticketbooth.eu so that might be worth a mail too!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Is there a playlist on Spotify yet? I can only find the 2017 playlist.
    Surely someone must have done up a new playlist...

Is there a playlist on Spotify yet? I can only find the 2017 playlist.
    Surely someone must have done up a new playlist...

Body & Soul themselves have one here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

GooglePlus wrote: »

Is there ice available??

This is my festival drink list GooglePlus,

1 x slab cans:
    12 Larger
    6 Bulmers Cloudy lemon
    6 Bulmers Strawberry and Lime
    1 x litre of Gin

The bulmers is for the morning, when you cant face the larger yet, to ease into the day so to speak.
    The Gin is for decanting into a litre bottle of ballygown water and bringing it in with your food stuffs stored next to two other actualy bottles of ballygown water.
    Buy two of the collapsible water bottles below from SportsDirect. Fill them with Gin and them into the festival with you. You can clip them to your belt. You then mix the gin with 7up you can buy in the festival.

Customized-Color-Logo-Promotion-Folding-Hiking-Drinking-Plastic-Water-Bottle.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

keithkk16 wrote: »

Clashtastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are they strict on drink? E.g. if you had 16 cans and a bottle of spirits (in a water bottle), would they be bothered?

Advertisement