Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

It's hard to condone that type of behaviour. But I don't have children and cannot even imagine what it's like to see your child being convicted of participating in such brutality. I'd say the cognitive dissonance kicks in hard and fast at that point.

I have kids, both boys and girls.

I would disown any off them in a heartbeat if they done something like this. I don't mean if they killed someone - there are plenty of understandable reasons to kill someone, but to lure someone to their deaths for sexual kicks - there is no way any person who would do something like that will ever be anything other than worthless shít.

Child or not, shít is shít!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

El_Bee wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd agree, they were separated immediately so they could have been on two very different paths rehabilitation wise.

That's true. I just imagine that your circumstances prior to committing a murder would have some impact on your rehabilitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I would love to see the stellar way some posters on here would obviously behave if they found themselves in the same situation as the boys' parents.

Look, I'm not defending them. But I'm not condoning them either. I don't know enough about them. But none of us has a clue how we'd behave if one of our children did something as horrific as this, and was facing a life sentence.

People do all kinds of things when they're in shock. They react with disbelief, or anger or go into complete denial. It's easy to look at this case when you're not personally involved and say 'I would do this..... I would do that'. But the circumstances are so unimaginable that no one knows how they would react or behave if they were thrown into them.

I think its safe to say that I would not blame the Gardai for the position my son found himself in in that moment.

I might be blaming the other kid alright. But not the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

jester77 wrote: »
    It appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree then. Poor girl, sickened reading what they did. Their anonymity should be lifted, her poor family have been subjected to media scrutiny, while these 2 lads get to hide behind their actions. Disgusting.

RIP Anna

Its not easy for the parents of the accused either, 3 families have lost there children to this case,

I'm sure in the cold light of day there parents will realise justice has been done but im not surprised by an emotional outburst that father has also just lost his son ,

RIP to Ana and hopefully her family have some kind of comfort in justice,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Two 13 year old boys kill a 14 year old girl and this peice of gutter trash is blaming capitalism:

https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerTD/status/1140983710772162560

There is literally nothing she won't try to hijack to push her personal politics.

Nasty piece of work - but good of her to give an insight into exactly what kind of person she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Not only do I feel awfully sorry for the family and friends of that lovely girl but I also feel sorry for the innocent family etc of the boys.

It must be an awful thing to come to terms with the fact that your loved one has done something so awful. They will have to move out of their community.

Obviously pales in comparison to what her family is going through.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Strazdas wrote: »
    RTE's Ola O'Donnell commenting on the way Boy B spoke about Ana's clothes and figure and saying this went down extremely badly in the court room. He was talking about a poor young girl who had been murdered after all.

I followed the trial and this really stuck out to me. The way that boy spoke about Ana in his interviews was horrible. He said she wore "slutty clothes" and seemed to want people to look at her a certain way. Made me sick. Poor girl was dead (and he most likely knew this the whole time) and he spoke about her like she was nothing.

If my child ever uttered such words about another I'd be horrified.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

I have kids, both boys and girls.

I would disown any off them in a heartbeat if they done something like this. I don't mean if they killed someone - there are plenty of understandable reasons to kill someone, but to lure someone to their deaths for sexual kicks - there is no way any person who would do something like that will ever be anything other than worthless shít.

Child or not, shít is shít!

This!

There's being in shock and then there's being a complete psycho like your child.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Wombatman wrote: »
    .... and that's enough for a murder conviction?

He provided the tape that went around her neck to boy A.
    He went to her home and brought her to where A was waiting.
    He watched her get assaulted by A.
    While the family and friends were searching for FOUR days for Ana, this "articulate and calm" boy said nothing to any adult.
    In NINE different statements to Gardai he lied and lied and lied.

He absolutely denigrated the character of the murdered girl by calling her a weirdo and that she was 'sluttily dressed'

It was a premeditated and planned assault and B was instrumental in the very first step in that assault.

I'm ok with a guilty verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/conor-feehan-heavy-emotion-in-courtroom-as-guilty-verdicts-returned-38230456.html

The Kriegels looked up at the jury as they filled out, nodding in acknowledgment to them.

Some of the jury offered quiet silent smiles of warm comfort.

Then the Kriegels huddled with their friends, crying with dignity and relief.

They hugged the gardai and some members of the media as they left the court.

They were then led to an upstairs room by victim support services.

——//————————-

My absolute heartfelt sympathy to the dignified Kriegel family . And rest in peace Ana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

This trial was harrowing, it got worse by the day.
    I can't wrap my head around how a child desires to do something so horrible.

I'm glad they've been found guilty and that they get what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,861 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gerianam wrote: »
    Boy B was too clever to leave DNA...chilling...

He openly collected her from her own house? :confused:

I don't think clever can be attributed to either of them TBH. Especially Boy A who stashed his blood covered "murder kit" in his wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Its not easy for the parents of the accused either, 3 families have lost there children to this case,

I'm sure in the cold light of day there parents will realise justice has been done but im not surprised by an emotional outburst that father has also just lost his son ,

RIP to Ana and hopefully her family have some kind of comfort in justice,

He hasn't lost his son - get a grip!!

Two 13 year old boys kill a 14 year old girl and this peice of gutter trash is blaming capitalism:

Has she deleted it? What did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Been deleted. What did she say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I would love to see the stellar way some posters on here would obviously behave if they found themselves in the same situation as the boys' parents.

Look, I'm not defending them. But I'm not condoning them either. I don't know enough about them. But none of us has a clue how we'd behave if one of our children did something as horrific as this, and was facing a life sentence.

People do all kinds of things when they're in shock. They react with disbelief, or anger or go into complete denial. It's easy to look at this case when you're not personally involved and say 'I would do this..... I would do that'. But the circumstances are so unimaginable that no one knows how they would react or behave if they were thrown into them.

Jesus... Are you serious? Here we go again, no sympathy for the victim or the family. You're in good company here as this place is full of people who think criminals are just good people who've lost their way in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Has that been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I followed the trial and this really stuck out to me. The way that boy spoke about Ana in his interviews was horrible. He said she wore "slutty clothes" and seemed to want people to look at her a certain way. Made me sick. Poor girl was dead (and he most likely knew this the whole time) and he spoke about her like she was nothing.

If my child ever uttered such words about another I'd be horrified.

Disgusting.

Yes, and that must have set off red flags for the jurors too. Talking about a beautiful young girl in such a disgusting fashion. Total lack of empathy and respect for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Small Wonder

BPKS wrote: »
    Has that been deleted?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

One of the most disgusting and depressing scenes I've ever witnessed was two mothers standing in the garden on a Friday evening building alibis, as they were being called into a meeting on Monday in regards to their daughters bullying another girl in school, they didn't care about what their girls were doing, just that they were being inconvenienced and that the girls mother was a "rat". It's hard to grasp the mentality of these people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Hopefully the sentence is long and harsh.

Just reading about how she was treated leading up to her murder by fellow students in her school. I hope each and every one of them are ashamed as well as their parents. Disgusting knuckle dragging oinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭ZilkyG

BPKS wrote: »
    Has that been deleted?

Yup, it was deleted. I managed to get a screenshot of it before it was though. Jesus she really is a callous piece of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

El_Bee wrote: »
    One of the most disgusting and depressing scenes I've ever witnessed was two mothers standing in the garden on a Friday evening building alibis, as they were being called into a meeting on Monday in regards to their daughters bullying another girl in school, they didn't care about what their girls were doing, just that they were being inconvenienced and that the girls mother was a "rat". It's hard to grasp the mentality of these people.

Yeah well this is what happens in a society that now has zero accountability.

yes lets not lose sight of the ~real~ victims here eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Jesus... Are you serious? Here we go again, no sympathy for the victim or the family. You're in good company here as this place is full of people who think criminals are just good people who've lost their way in life!

Where did I say I have 'no sympathy for the victim or the family?

What a nasty thing to imply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Hal3000 wrote: »

ah cop on. where does it say BellaBella has no sympathy for the victim or family? Some people have room for sympathy and objective reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

God help you if your child ever commits a heinous crime. While how one is raised is definitely a factor in how they end up, to blame the parents for their sons committing an act of murder is totally unfair. Plenty of murderers and criminals were raised in good homes with loving parents.

John Lonergan will tell you a different story. He says criminals are usually from broken homes with drink problems and more recently drugs problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ZilkyG wrote: »
    Yup, it was deleted. I managed to get a screenshot of it before it was though. Jesus she really is a callous piece of ****

Jesus, there's shít takes and then there's that.
    What an absolute gowl.

RIP Ana, I'm so sorry for you and your parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Penn wrote: »
    Been deleted. What did she say?

It was a ramble about this is where misogyny and capitalism have gotten us. Someone might have captured it better but I just looked at it and felt sad that someone would comandeer a tragedy in this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tomw86 wrote: »
    He hasn't lost his son - get a grip!!
    I

It's ok to feel sorry for all 3 families

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement