Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

At the very best the player should be blamed anyway for making a dangerous tackle and getting sin binned?

Under absolutely no situation is the player blameless. Not sure what your problem with that is, totally bizarre reaction

My problem is you saying a 20 year old that made a small mistake and was wrongly punished for it "****ed us" that's a shocking attitude to have. The ref was 83% wrong on the decision and actually outright lied in his explanation of the card to justify being wrong. The player made a small mistake but to say he ****ed us is just a load of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

D14Rugby wrote: »
    My problem is you saying a 20 year old that made a small mistake and was wrongly punished for it "****ed us" that's a shocking attitude to have. The ref was 83% wrong on the decision and actually outright lied in his explanation of the card to justify being wrong. The player made a small mistake but to say he ****ed us is just a load of ****e

Ha 83% wrong! :D

Only reason I used the term was because of the post I was responding to. Think you need to calm down just a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Ha 83% wrong! :D

Only reason I used the term was because of the post I was responding to. Think you need to calm down just a little bit

Yeah sent off for 60, should have been 10 so 83%. Doesn't matter if that's the phrase you were replying to, to say a 20 year old that made a small mistake that was compounded by the ref just being bad at his job "****ed us" is just out of order in my opinion.
    If he had done some sort of deliberate foul play like the English guy in the first game then fair enough but to say that about a small honest mistake just isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Maybe if you spent more time trying to understand where posters were coming from than trying to have a row you wouldn't be as outraged. He simply used a quote from a previous post to make his point. It seems the only one who took it literally was you. Communication is a 2 way thing. You've got a responsibility to ensure you're reading things correctly as much as anyone writing posts has to make sure they're getting their point across correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah sent off for 60, should have been 10 so 83%. Doesn't matter if that's the phrase you were replying to, to say a 20 year old that made a small mistake that was compounded by the ref just being bad at his job "****ed us" is just out of order in my opinion.
    If he had done some sort of deliberate foul play like the English guy in the first game then fair enough but to say that about a small honest mistake just isn't on.

I have to be honest I didn’t put that much thought into whether or not me referencing someone else’s post would make you absolutely split your own head open with rage, I’ll be sure to keep it in mind in future because it’s gas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The player made a yellow card tackle and got a red for it because the ref saw something that didn't happen the player has some blame but to say its 100% his fault when the ref got the decision wrong is wrong

Are you sure that the ref got the decision wrong? I personally thought it was harsh but what proof do you have that it was wrong? Maybe the judiciary/review committee thought the red was punishment enough.

Baird tackled the Aussie round the head. There were no mitigating circumstances. The player didn't duck and Baird wasn't badly wrong footed, he just ****ed up. He knew it straight away as well. I don't understand why you are getting so upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Are you sure that the ref got the decision wrong? I personally thought it was harsh but what proof do you have that it was wrong? Maybe the judiciary/review committee thought the red was punishment enough.

Baird tackled the Aussie round the head. There were no mitigating circumstances. The player didn't duck and Baird wasn't badly wrong footed, he just ****ed up. He knew it straight away as well. I don't understand why you are getting so upset about it.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised to see him get away with no further sanction. I think Baird's reaction said it all. He knew instantly he had made a balls of it.

He needs to take some lessons from Leo Cullen. If you try to forcibly remove someone's head from their shoulders, you fake a look of shock, point to oneself whilst enquiring "Me?!" and take a knee next to the victim and tell him you'll get the sonofabitch who did this to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

So to compare the injury lists from Irelands squad to the French Squad

Ireland now have 10 injuries to their starting xv: Hodnett, Hawkshaw, Byrne, French, Penny, Moloney, Moore, Watters, Hughes, Phillips

France have the exact same team that played against Ireland in the six nations bar one player...

That just doesnt make any sense to me how Irelands squad can have 10 injuries for Frances 1

Ireland now have 10 injuries to their starting xv: Hodnett, Hawkshaw, Byrne, French, Penny, Moloney, Moore, Watters, Hughes, Phillips

France have the exact same team that played against Ireland in the six nations bar one player...

That just doesnt make any sense to me how Irelands squad can have 10 injuries for Frances 1

If the results were different, I'd imagine a few of those players would still be in Argentina. Similarly, I'd imagine if some weren't so highly rated, they wouldn't have stayed at home to manage injuries/have procedures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

That’s stupid to say 10 injuries to the starting xv, only one out of hawkshaw and Moore can start, Watters doesn’t start over penny, if Byrne is fit Hughes doesn’t start over flannery at 15 and only one out of French and Phillips starts. You could argue that Moloney doesn’t start if Allison penny and hodnett are all fit so albeit it’s 10 players from the squad that deplete our depth it’s not 10 starting players

Messiah's younger brother has got the nod on the bench

Every player gets the nod for the bench. We've 13 subs. It's a new rule for this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Buer wrote: »
    Every player gets the nod for the bench. We've 13 subs. It's a new rule for this tournament.

How many substitutions are allowed? is it still 8 despite the increased number of substitutes on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

How many substitutions are allowed? is it still 8 despite the increased number of substitutes on the bench?

Yeah still 8 subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Number 137

The Italy XV to face Ireland:

1. Lorenzo Michelini - 6'1 - 115kg
    2. Niccolo Taddia - 6'1 - 108kg
    3. Matteo Nocera - 6'4 - 126kg
    4. Nicolare Stoian - 6'5 - 115kg
    5. Thomas Parolo - 6'6 - 106kg
    6. Angelo Maurizi - 6'3 - 105kg
    7. Davide Ruggeri - 6'3 - 103kg
    8. Antoine Koffi - 6'1 - 107kg
    9. Alessandro Fusco - 6'0 - 85kg
    10. Paolo Garbisi - 6'0 - 88kg
    11. Cristian Lai - 5'9 - 82kg
    12. Damiano Mazza - 6'1 - 101kg
    13. Federico Mori - 6'2 - 106kg
    14. Jacopo Trulla - 5'11 - 83kg
    15. Ange Capuozzo - 5'10 - 70kg

Any news on which injured players have returned home and which are just injured for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Anybody got a link to today's match?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

15 butchered the switch there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Advertisement

12 not quite at the races yet

Looks like a bad knee injury for Booth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

the amount of backrow injuries is staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭typhoony

side entry clear-outs should be illegal as in yellow card minimum, worse then head high tackles

What a try

• Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nice straightening by Turner

Healy has some boot on him

Anyone got a non geo locked link

Anyone got a non geo locked link

Fb

• Advertisement

This squad has been decimated by injuries, worst I've ever seen ... yet these lads power on bravely , what a squad performance from this team - best Irish 20s squad I've seen

Advertisement