Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can get Yaal gear which is specific to the DZ. Legend has it that the rolls on DZ gear are higher but I'm unsure. I solo farmed a normalised DZ this weekend for a few hours and it was fun, wasn't molested (more through luck and hideiness) and all extracted gear drops at 500

The problem with the loot in the game is that while there's a lot of it 99% is thrash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there any point in keeping yellow or otherwise gear under the gear score you’re at?

For example I have a machine gun at 300 GS. Is there any point in keeping previous ones at lets say 250 GS or just sell them on. My stash is getting full.

I was thinking it might be like Destiny where you can convert the 300 one into the 250 one because it has better perks/stats etc.. but I haven’t looked into crafting or mods or anything yet so don’t know.

Thanks!

nope thrash all guns (just to edit this first point my main AR is 495 I have had 20+ of the same type drop higher than 495 but none of them have had higher damage rolls)
    hang on to gear though if it has very high rolls. eg. Damage to Elites on a mask over 40%, or weapon damage on a chest or back pack over 10%, specific weapon damage over 10% on the gloves (ah man I could write a book on this stuff but there's certain gear you shouldn't thrash) What you hold onto is largely dependant on your playstyle and what you're building towards.

There's not really any build diverstity and yet I have a main, unbreakable, pvp, unstoppable force and 577 builds

The recalibration can be horrid, you'll have a great roll but can't transfer it to the piece you want or you lose a % of the roll although the latter has been modified somewhat by the recent patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

If you join a clan around level 22, there's a clan vendor selling 25% armor chests. There's an open clan on PC called "we play dirty" the right level, join them buy your armor and leave.

25% will probably get you over the 300K armor level easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Is there any point in keeping yellow or otherwise gear under the gear score you’re at?

For example I have a machine gun at 300 GS. Is there any point in keeping previous ones at lets say 250 GS or just sell them on. My stash is getting full.

I was thinking it might be like Destiny where you can convert the 300 one into the 250 one because it has better perks/stats etc.. but I haven’t looked into crafting or mods or anything yet so don’t know.

Thanks!

Some of the t1 mods are actually better than the t5 ones, so worth having a look at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

gimli2112 wrote: »
    nope thrash all guns (just to edit this first point my main AR is 495 I have had 20+ of the same type drop higher than 495 but none of them have had higher damage rolls)
    hang on to gear though if it has very high rolls. eg. Damage to Elites on a mask over 40%, or weapon damage on a chest or back pack over 10%, specific weapon damage over 10% on the gloves (ah man I could write a book on this stuff but there's certain gear you shouldn't thrash) What you hold onto is largely dependant on your playstyle and what you're building towards.

I would generalise, by not excluding guns for the same reasons. You should keep gear that has exceptional buffs and talent types, even for ones you are not currently using. If it looks interesting, keep the gearpiece for later use. E.g. I have a spank'n'tank build that has good constant damage and healing, zero crit and using unstoppable force + compensated instead of berserk to allow my healing talents to work properly. At the same time I am keeping a bank of gear with alternate synergistic talents that would allow a super bursty build if I want to try one later. Any gear item with a GS can be used to recalibrate another of the same type, once the basic buff/talent type matches also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Just completed tidal basin gear Score 469.
    What to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just completed tidal basin gear Score 469.
    What to do now?

Get to 500 by doing the same things over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its taking me an age to get from 490 to 500. Stuck at 498 for ages. 500 gear is not really dropping.

Glebee wrote: »
    Its taking me an age to get from 490 to 500. Stuck at 498 for ages. 500 gear is not really dropping.

The rank up caches, dailies, level 4 control points, heroic bounties, contaminated DZ gear and (sigh) heroic missions and the raid Other than that you're in the lap of the gods.

Don't get too hung up on 500, you'll be just as powerful at 495-500 but it's really annoying . My main has been stuck on 499 since the patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm world tier 2 and haven't got an apparel or weapon skin in weeks...?

There's only a limited number of weapon skins you can get from the crates out in the world and once only. After that you have to open the caches from the apparel tab in the main menu. You can get keys from xp and real money (yuk) I got a few from the apparel event but again there is only a limited number of them.
    I expect the thing is set up to make you spend real money

I'm world tier 2 with a score of 320 or so. Good LMG build. For the first time, I entered DZ East and found my weapons did little or no damage and I was one shotted by Tusk forces?!!

DZ West and South seem locked - How do I unlock them? I'm a solo player - Is the DZ worth entering for better loot?

Thanks

You unlock the DZs as you progress through the story, if you're WT 2 you should be able to go to the entrances of each and follow the prompts.

Once all three are open two will be normalised so gear doesn't matter and one will not. This rotates each week, it in the one that's not that you'll find all the pin and misery. Only kidding come in what have you got to lose?

DZ can be fun if you're in the mood ie. drunk :)

You unlock the DZs as you progress through the story, if you're WT 2 you should be able to go to the entrances of each and follow the prompts.

Once all three are open two will be normalised so gear doesn't matter and one will not. This rotates each week, it in the one that's not that you'll find all the pin and misery. Only kidding come in what have you got to lose?

DZ can be fun if you're in the mood ie. drunk :)

Cheers! I'm not seeing any access to 2 DK Zones atm. I wonder if the setttlements are red, then thye are not available?

Quick one: Am I better off shooting up to WT4?

I'm up to gear 491 world tier 5 how do i matchmaker for a raid or whats the story with them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You cant match make, your best chance is LFG on discord.

You will need a mic.

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers! I'm not seeing any access to 2 DK Zones atm. I wonder if the setttlements are red, then thye are not available?

Quick one: Am I better off shooting up to WT4?

Yes and once there straight onto WT5,

Just done tidal basin on world tier 5 im guessing that is it now i have a gear score of 497.
    I would be lying if i said i wasnt addicted some bit like the first division game,
    I havent looked into gear sets what so ever at all or mods for gear etc or anything tbh ive just been blasting trying to get to end game last few weeks.
    I will do some googling over next couple of days to learn about the gear sets the raids etc.
    Would be good to do a mission with a few on here someday next week if possible:)

Gear Sets (the green ones aren't great, there's an argument for two piece true partriot but I don't get it)

The most important piece of gear is probably the chest. Depending on what you are at you probably want Unbreakable, Unstopabble Force or Bezerk) Fenrirs gives you an additional talent and Gila extra mods. You need at least one red lego that you can roll to weapon damage.

Backpack again with a red to roll weapon damage. Mine also has Hard Hitting and Vitality talents. Two talents is very much desireable

Kneepads again Fenrirs for extra talents (Hard Hitting and Patience) or Gila (Patience) for extra mods.

Mask for PVE with high DTE and Hard hitting.

Holster this needs to be a petrov if you are running an LMG and should roll 30K+ health into it.

Gloves need a high roll for AR or LMG damage or whatever weapon you main. Gila's good here or Murakami for the 8% heath.

If you can get at least two Gilas you should have at least 3 system mod slots which you can use for low level mods and get an extra 12% specific weapon damage, this is a bit of a grind but certainly worth it.

DTE should be 80% (mines currently 70% and is fine) If you're running unbreakable, bloodsucker or unstoppable force you should have 250K armour minimum, for best results.

There's other ways of going about it but this should help with survivability and hit pretty hard in pve. PvP you may be better off with a 577 build with spotter and on the ropes but Unbreakable and bloodsucker seem to be the meta atm.

• Advertisement

Gear Sets (the green ones aren't great, there's an argument for two piece true partriot but I don't get it)

The most important piece of gear is probably the chest. Depending on what you are at you probably want Unbreakable, Unstopabble Force or Bezerk) Fenrirs gives you an additional talent and Gila extra mods. You need at least one red lego that you can roll to weapon damage.

Backpack again with a red to roll weapon damage. Mine also has Hard Hitting and Vitality talents. Two talents is very much desireable

Kneepads again Fenrirs for extra talents (Hard Hitting and Patience) or Gila (Patience) for extra mods.

Holster this needs to be a petrov if you are running an LMG and should roll 30K+ health into it.

Gloves need a high roll for AR or LMG damage or whatever weapon you main. Gila's good here or Murakami for the 8% heath.

If you can get at least two Gilas you should have at least 3 system mod slots which you can use for low level mods and get an extra 12% specific weapon damage, this is a bit of a grind but certainly worth it.

DTE should be 80% (mines currently 70% and is fine) If you're running unbreakable, bloodsucker or unstoppable force you should have 250K armour minimum, for best results.

There's other ways of going about it but this should help with survivability and hit pretty hard in pve. PvP you may be better off with a 577 build with spotter and on the ropes but Unbreakable and bloodsucker seem to be the meta atm.

Thanks for informative reply

Whats the story with the Castle Settlement? Is it glitched out for some - or abandoned intentionally?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sticker wrote: »
    Whats the story with the Castle Settlement? Is it glitched out for some - or abandoned intentionally?

Keep playing, it'll be made clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Excellent write up Sir.

I don't 100% agree on the details, but that's a matter of build preference. Kudos Gimli on always stepping in here and responding with informative and well thought out replies.

For my own side I'd say they kinda shot themselves in the foot with gear sets in that they improved the gear system so much from the Div-1 that they became so much harder to get right (and provide a true improvement over a well thought out, and RNG blessed, normal build). The thing is in any game that uses them good gear sets are about Synergy, between the talents/buffs on the sets and your own talents and preferences. it's something they got absolutely wrong in the early sets on Div-1 and then perfected, to where certain 6pc classifieds where seen as junk by the community at large but in the hands of players who excelled at synergy with their own core (human) talents were insanely powerful. The addition of brand bonuses in Div-2 opened up Synergy from day-1, no biggy, but the way they worked dependancies in using min/max Def/Dmg/Skill buffs was pure ****ing genius. This allows them to balance in game talents against pre-requisite buffs and in doing so other Talents. This was there somewhat in the early game but has been refined a lot in recent patches. Certain awesome buffs preclude each other. Getting good Def+Health regen + damage takes a HUGE amount of balancing, at the same time insance roll-the-dice burst damage builds are possible (anything that relies on you taking damage and crits to me is roll-the-dice). So, what is my point after all that, it's not that gears sets are terrible (though they do need more work) it's that the existing system is so satisfying from a min/max technical pov and effectiveness that they have been occluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Love the game, but i feel like I have "completed" it at the moment. My gear is where I want it for bothe PVE and Raid ready....but I cannot raid as I will be f****d if I am going to spend an hour looking for a group. Bounties dont excite me as the gear drops are not exciting. Argument could be made that I could start the exotic grind. I just really want to do the raid, but with a lack of matchmaking it kind of locks me out

My Division 2 experience now consists of logging in to do the daily project. I have 87/93 mods but missing 2 of the 3 I want. (There's not a swear word invented I haven't used at this point). Then playing a daily, being underwhelmed by the loot and turning something else on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Completely board of Div 2 at this stage, even to the extent that I reinstalled Monster Hunter World....:eek:

I'm at level 497 and a decent enough build but I've hit a wall in terms of gear, seemns to be a lot of junk there now, 1 in 50 pieces decent...

I'm a solo player - I'm 46 so most of my mates are moved on from gaming!

Any way of playing the 8 player co-op in auto assign with other players?

I think I might be eaten alive there, but love to try and hope to gear up tro the enxt level...

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Love the game, but i feel like I have "completed" it at the moment. My gear is where I want it for bothe PVE and Raid ready....but I cannot raid as I will be f****d if I am going to spend an hour looking for a group. Bounties dont excite me as the gear drops are not exciting. Argument could be made that I could start the exotic grind. I just really want to do the raid, but with a lack of matchmaking it kind of locks me out

I'm in eactly the same place... Love the game but a little fatigued with the gear grind. I've only a few exotics but the work to get there seems to be only with full time players with an excellent crew of mate players.

I'm a solo player - feel the overall system is very poor for the solo player element, especially with the end game raids etc.

Advertisement