Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just logged on and there's a 3 hour maintenance started at 3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh
    Raid incoming I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just logged on and there's a 3 hour maintenance started at 3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh
    Raid incoming I guess

Started at 3 cest which was 1 pm Irish time so should be back up by 5 when the raid goes live

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I haven't been on in weeks, will login later and see if the Patch butchered my build and then try and repair it. I'd be up for the Raid with a day or 2's notice. Also anyone needing some power-levelling beforehand just ping me if you see me on, happy to help.

We'd be short of numbers anyway so it's moot for now. Let's see if I can find another group we can merge with to create a nice critical mass of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats the boards clan discord?

I thought it was IrishDiscord :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats the boards clan discord?

I thought it was IrishDiscord :D

It’s called Boards.ie The Division, it’s mainly PS4 players

• Advertisement

MarcoStyle just became world first on PC to beat the raid in five hours

you can expect a 22 minute video from him tomorrow explaining what a terrible experience it was for him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

His last video was him saying he's taking a break from the division :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

That raid is the real deal alright...:o:o

Didn't get past the first room, two lads bailed straight away, 6 of us did a couple more rounds then went down to 4 and gave up then myself. I do think you need everybody with every type of load out. Possibly a good skills load out to and that emp pulse to disable the first boss.

5 hours though..bloody hell

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Alrite lads I reached level 30.
    I cant seem to get into the capitol building stronghold to take it over?
    I have union area done and Roosevelt.
    Any ideas? I just pray its not a glitch in the game.

• Advertisement

this was a known issue but thought it had been fixed. I'd heard if you played some of the strongholds before properly levelled up (i.e in a friend's world) you could get locked out.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2014351-Can-t-unlock-Capitol-Building/page2

all you can do is check the forums and see if there's a workaround. Here's Ubi Support telling a guy to turn it off and on again

Best of luck

Raid's a joke on console apparently, well insofar as you can judge these things by the reddit outrage. TBH I'm not pushed on it at all, stopped raiding in Destiny and never missed it. Too many decisions here are turning me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Raid's a joke on console apparently, well insofar as you can judge these things by the reddit outrage. TBH I'm not pushed on it at all, stopped raiding in Destiny and never missed it. Too many decisions here are turning me off it.

Same here, I actually loved doing the raids in Destiny 1 but not on Destiny 2 but I had a look at some of the Division 2 live streams last night and seriously, unless you have a coherent squad that will communicate and stay for the session, there really isnt a point in doing it.

Id find it very hard to go LFG and end up with people who bail when things start to get a bit mental.

The bosses need good coordination (at least at this point) as I saw reasonable teams struggle with the first guy Boomer.

He didn't seem overly difficult but they were not taking care of his healing pack thing nor guiding him towards the turrets.

Im definitely up to try over the weekend on Xbox but Id say it will be a struggle to get a full boards team on that platform.

Best of luck to any of ye doing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    That raid is the real deal alright...:o:o

Didn't get past the first room, two lads bailed straight away, 6 of us did a couple more rounds then went down to 4 and gave up then myself. I do think you need everybody with every type of load out. Possibly a good skills load out to and that emp pulse to disable the first boss.

5 hours though..bloody hell

5 hours is nothing. The Last Wish raid in Destiny 2 took just under 19 hours to beat first time.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cde75c8523569654df64171&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Im nowhere near raid ready after only hitting lvl 30 this week. Hopefully they'll have addressed the console issues by the time im good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

5 hours is nothing. The Last Wish raid in Destiny 2 took just under 19 hours to beat first time.

I spent longer dropping skolas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dudeeile wrote: »
    I spent longer dropping skolas.

Very true. He was a right barsteward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I was with a good enough team, we got him down to half way. It looks like he's on a timer, because he destroys the turrets. The build up of mobs is what really makes things tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

if you're raiding gimme a shout Shooter on uplay, also there's a free skying game on you play if u get it in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The raid is looking next to impossible on console.

No one has completed it on PS4 and Xbox One in 24hrs. One group on PC completed it in 5 hours to be the first to beat the raid. They ran it again today and did it in 1hr 30 mins.

The worst of it is PC elitists are having a great time using the "Git gud bro" on social media at console users.

It looks like Massive never tested the raid on console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The raid is looking next to impossible on console.

No one has completed it on PS4 and Xbox One in 24hrs. One group on PC completed it in 5 hours to be the first to beat the raid. They ran it again today and did it in 1hr 30 mins.

The worst of it is PC elitists are having a great time using the "Git gud bro" on social media at console users.

Why is it proving so hard on Console? Is it they can't hit consistent headshots to take bosses down in their damage phases or is it something else?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why is it proving so hard on Console? Is it they can't hit consistent headshots to take bosses down in their damage phases or is it something else?

I cant say exactly. Just what I am seeing. Apparently for boss laser accuracy is needed and that is proving difficult on controller.

I think the frame rate and mouse and keyboard are a big advantage that console players haven't got.

Thats a bit of a stretch in fariness.

it may seem a stretch but then consider how they screwed console over pc for the chem heal
    everytime I see a Youtuber instantaneously drop a heal at their feet a little piece of me dies

Just been beaten in 23 minutes on PC.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/426585142

Its in german.

the LMG is a god if 2 people run with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Its in german.

the LMG is a god if 2 people run with it.

Jaysus, a couple of side missions have taken me longer than that!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Its in german.

Leaving Cert German don't fail me now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Rob2D wrote: »
    Leaving Cert German don't fail me now! :pac:

Lol, ein bratwurst bitte

Finally beaten on PS4 by 2 teams and 1 team on Xbox One.

36 hours clocked by one of the PS4 teams and 17 hours by the Xbox team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally beaten on PS4 by 2 teams and 1 team on Xbox One.

36 hours clocked by one of the PS4 teams and 17 hours by the Xbox team.

Wait, is that 36 hours from start of mission to finish or from first attempt and includes deaths and restarts?

Advertisement