Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

Powerhouse wrote: »
    No I wasn't. You should follow the thread rather than just randomly replying to an exchange between two others.

Oh shut up ya dose. Your response was to a third person who picked you up on a comment about attendance being better for a match between two neighbours vs 2 counties 4hrs apart. Stupid comment as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pretty much.

Though, even after today I would never write off Clare. They have the talent imo, if they can just going.

Any team can have an off day. But two defeats like that suggest something is seriously wrong.

Pretty much.

Though, even after today I would never write off Clare. They have the talent imo, if they can just going.

If they were going to get going today was the day and they tanked. I think their race is run this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

threeball wrote: »
    I'd go as far as to say the fourth placed team in Leinster would beat Clare and Waterford on current form. Would have a good chance of making top 3 in munster too.

Easy to say that especially when your particular scenario won't be tested. I remember last year Leinster people sneering about the "noise" of the Munster championship as if to imply that when they got to the All Ireland series the proper hurling as practised in Leinster would shine through. The Leinster top 3 played five matches against the Munster top 3 and won just one. Like I say, easy to say these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

No I wasn't. You should follow the thread rather than just randomly replying to an exchange between two others.

You should take your own advice and follow it because I certainly didn’t bring it up.

I was just providing context to your remark about almost double the crowd at the Munster championship game which when factoring population size of the home teams and travelling distances involved for away teams should be expected really.

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »
    You should take your own advice and follow it because I certainly didn’t bring it up.

Indeed you didn't. That's why I never mentioned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Indeed you didn't. That's why I never mentioned you.

Have no idea what you’re on about. You responded to my post asking why mention it at all if it if it isn’t relevant. Maybe you quoted the wrong poster. Anyway this conversation seems pointless at this stage, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

70yrs unbeaten in Nolan park in the championship.....great achievement by the Leinster champs today...

ClanofLams wrote: »

Have no idea what you’re on about.

I know you don't which is why it's frustrating that you couldn't stay out of this in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Galway tipp final This year I reckon with teams level in the last minute and joe canning scoring the winner.also spitty paws retiring 2 years too late having managed one of the most successful teams ever but going out on a whimper.
    That’s my prediction

Galway arent smart enough to make the final this year. The amount of poor decision making they do is shocking. That every man and his dog knew they would let Kilkenny back into the game after they went down to 14 just shows why they have such a poor all Ireland record. Good enough to get to finals but in general too dumb to win consistently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Pretty much.

Cork are a good bit better than Kilkenny

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Cork are a good bit better than Kilkenny

Cork won't handle KK if they meet. They'll wilt under the pressure. KK would eat them physically and Galway would do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Suggesting defending on Gillanes left side would have stopped the goal was a bit simplistic I thought.

That was juvenile defending by Clare for that goal. Good finish but he should never have gotten his hand on that ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Galway arent smart enough to make the final this year. The amount of poor decision making they do is shocking. That every man and his dog knew they would let Kilkenny back into the game after they went down to 14 just shows why they have such a poor all Ireland record. Good enough to get to finals but in general too dumb to win consistently

I know the Galway you are on about, there the lads that wouldn't have held out and would have lost today. This is and has been a different Galway and for the last 3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

I'm sure the third team in Munster is better than Carlow too. Surely comparing the third team in Leinster to the third team in Munster is more relevant to a comparison?

I agree and you are right but that's not my point. My point is the Eamonn Sweeney argument that qualifying third in Leinster is somehow unfair when according to him the fourth team in Munster is better than the third and maybe even the second best team in Leinster. He wrote this garbage after the Galway Wexford game😀 he won't come out in his article and call for an open format though. Tis too easy to eulogise the great Munster hurling championship and while I agree it provides great games it's codology like Sweeney writes that gives me ire.

Depends how the ball is coming in but if it's a high delivery it's a cardinal sin to be hurl side. You have next to know chance spoiling a catch. Once it's in his hand you're in the sh1t. On the ground you'll have the advantage.

If you're hand side you control his arm with your hurl and get your own paw up. He'll do it to you if you're on the wrong side.

Duignan went on about the goal a bit much. Majority of forwards would have put that one away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭big_drive

Cork won't handle KK if they meet. They'll wilt under the pressure. KK would eat them physically and Galway would do worse.

I think Cork would take Kilkenny handy enough

i think its more to do with structures within the county , clare hammered limerick last year and beat tipperary in thurles also , it shows that they are probably not that bad in general just a bad year

in football its different ,because there are 4 or 5 counties operating at a far higher level then everyone else

laois or westmeath would have put up a better showing then what we done today or last week , but that just shows that the clare preparation to the championship was all wrong or something is gone wrong within the camp

Not a whole lot different to Waterford except Clare just about managed to beat them

Kilkenny would struggle with the pace of Cork who with Tipp have the best forward division. Kilkenny were poor against Dublin and Galway should have put them away earlier. I fail to see how Kilkenny can be rated above Cork. Anyway both have to qualify yet so all hypothetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

cms88 wrote: »
    Clare scored 4 points from play today if it was football there would be uproar.

The fact scores are higher in hurling covers up the fact the standard can be poor, and it has been for the last two weeks in Munster, yet it's never highlighted why?

Is that Limericks fault for being good?

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    I think Cork would take Kilkenny handy enough

We might get to find out. Cork don't like a team that swarms them, the slick quick movement becomes much more difficult and they don't have the men to go toe to toe. I think KK would be a bad match up for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

This year in particular are teams over reliant on just 1 player?
    TJ with KK, Cork and Horgan, Clare - Peter Duggan, Galway are missing Joe Canning big time.
    Limerick and Tipp are getting plenty of different scorers in most games

1984baby wrote: »
    TJ with KK, Cork and Horgan, Clare - Peter Duggan, Galway are missing Joe Canning big time.

Every team had a marquee forward. A lot of Horgans’s scores come from frees too. Limerick have Gillane and Tipp Callinan.

Galway had eight different scorers today. Don't know how many more you want. Maybe the goalie should try to pop a few over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seadin

We might get to find out. Cork don't like a team that swarms them, the slick quick movement becomes much more difficult and they don't have the men to go toe to toe. I think KK would be a bad match up for Cork.

Cork must get past Clare first and then we can talk about other teams trying to take them down. You just never know what can happen in a game of hurling .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Same question as last year, why isn't there relegation out of the Munster Championship like there is out of the Leinster Championship? Waterford should be out of the top tier now, otherwise clearly the whole thing doesn't have credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,126 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Same question as last year, why isn't there relegation out of the Munster Championship like there is out of the Leinster Championship? Waterford should be out of the top tier now, otherwise clearly the whole thing doesn't have credibility.

Or at the very least, if Kerry win the McDonagh Cup, then they take their place in the Munster championship proper.

We all know it's protected by UNESCO though and thus its credibility cannot be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

You are right. Cork had just the 12 different scorers yesterday.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

TheCitizen wrote: »

Speaking as a Waterford man I think a year in the McDonagh wouldnt do us any harm. Pick up a few wins(hopefully) and get the confidence going again. there's definitely flaws in this new system that's coming to light now, scrapping the provincials and make it an All Ireland championship is probably where its heading eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

There's no 'might' about it. He is.

I admit I didn't know who that pundit was but he was no moron. None of them were.

Nice to see a pundit from the Glens for a change. The hurlers are very isolated up there. Anyone know who he is? He's from Cushendall, Sambo's club.

Advertisement