Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I find Big E obnoxious. I don't think he's funny, in fact I think he's a bit of a gob****e. The New Day stuff is stale and boring now. To be honest Big E reminds me of Eugene a bit.
    His character is not for me, and if the kids love him, well good for them and him.
    If he were to tone it down or break away from the New Day I would prefer that!
    He's talented no doubt, and personally I would like to see him switch it up a bit.

Edit.

Just one other thing, being charismatic comes naturally. And Big E to me has that. The New Day stuff is not charisma, it's narssasism. Jumping around craving attention is not being charismatic. If anything the New Day skits take away from Big E's natural charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

charisma??

If you are a grown up then , much like bayley, to find them charismatic is very very worrying

Why can't you quote like a grown up? That's something I've always wondered...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Caught up with episodes 2 & 3 of The Wrestlers on Viceland.

Episode 2 follows MVP & Episode 3 follows the women of Stardom in Japan.

Excellent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There were wwe tryouts at the performance Centre in the uk and there were four Irish women at it including the legendary Martina.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There were wwe tryouts at the performance Centre in the uk and there were four Irish women at it including the legendary Martina.
    Yep, the 3 mentioned and Raven Creed.

Delighted for Raven, she felt a noteworthy omission from the other names mentioned. WWE wasted no time dropping the Session Moth moniker :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Caught up with episodes 2 & 3 of The Wrestlers on Viceland.

The Dark side of the Ring docs are on the viceland TV channel over here now too. Wednesday's at 10pm. They are repeated a few times too. Watched the Brody one tonight.
    Think they advertised the wrestlers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Delighted for Martina. I think she'll do great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

WWE have supposedly changed the length of a standard NXT contract from 3 years to 5.

No one in their right mind is going to tie themselves up for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

lawlolawl wrote: »
    WWE have supposedly changed the length of a standard NXT contract from 3 years to 5.

i'm sure plenty will. AEW, ROH and Impact don't want everyone and not everyone can make a living on the indies, getting a regular wage for wrestling will suit lots of folk down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Don't be so sure. Plenty of people are still dying for an opportunity with WWE, and money talks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Whatever you say about the quality of product of wwe but just with the money they have there guaranteed to be able to pay for years to come even with falling ratings and AEW will be starting off with a small enough roster

i dont know what people are really making on the indies the top guys were obviously doing well but the rest i wouldn't be sure

sky88 wrote:
    Whatever you say about the quality of product of wwe but just with the money they have there guaranteed to be able to pay for years to come even with falling ratings and AEW will be starting off with a small enough roster

Their hiring approach is kinda similar to WCW. Hire guys so they don't go/stay elsewhere, do nothing with them & leads to a lot of talent just not giving a f**k. Great for the guys being paid but as a viewer it's hard to really care if some talent don't.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Their hiring approach is kinda similar to WCW. Hire guys so they don't go/stay elsewhere, do nothing with them & leads to a lot of talent just not giving a f**k. Great for the guys being paid but as a viewer it's hard to really care if some talent don't.

oh i dont like it there's too many talent in NXT already its only a small show really and theres just not enough time for them all to be on the show.

and thats before you bring in main roster, 205 live etc

even just all round wrestling theres just so much talent right now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will be interesting watching the 50 man battle royal to see how many are NXT and how many are on tv

i seen on stephanies instagram there having special olympics at wwe headquarters with becky and owens there the same day there in saudi sums up the company

https://twitter.com/BradWardFight/status/1136837703108927488

How long has this poor ****er got left on his contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, he doesn't look impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Shows is crying out for variety and new fresh characters , and they relegate people to doing literally nothing.

It must be so frustrating and monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's been doing that for a while. He could be fed up but it might be an angle with it being that blatant. Maybe some manager figure motivates him or something.

Thank god the throne survived that heinous assault by Cody

https://twitter.com/wwejapan/status/1136827881420496896?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's been doing that for a while. He could be fed up but it might be an angle with it being that blatant. Maybe some manager figure motivates him or something.

Yeah I don't think that's legit. If it is he needs to cop on fast and be a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think that's legit. If it is he needs to cop on fast and be a professional.

He was eliminated first in the 50 man battle royal so I might retract my storyline theory. Maybe it's just a good ol' fashioned burial.

J. Marston wrote: »
    He was eliminated first in the 50 man battle royal so I might retract my storyline theory. Maybe it's just a good ol' fashioned burial.

Hey! He wasn't able to get the WWE Universe™ to turn against a fan favourite who was leaving the company because he was so frustrated by how ****e the work environment/product had become!

He deserves his complete and utter burial right up the the very last second of his contract.

EC3 will become an object lesson in why people shouldn't sign with this horrible dumpster-fire company. He was better off in Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hey! He wasn't able to get the WWE Universe™ to turn against a fan favourite who was leaving the company because he was so frustrated by how ****e the work environment/product had become!

He deserves his complete and utter burial right up the the very last second of his contract.

EC3 will become an object lesson in why people shouldn't sign with this horrible dumpster-fire company. He was better off in Impact.

A horrible dumpster-fire company is one where a guy with no legs is deemed a credible contender for its World Championship.

That is tough on Zach Gowen he did his best in the main event scene with Hogan and McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Might have worked if Gowen had no legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If it’s unprofessional for a cashier in Dunnes on minimum wage to tut at me when I go to buy a chicken fillet roll because she’s frustrated with her job, it’s unprofessional if a lad on six figures is having a tantrum during his entrance on television. I’m giving EC3 the benefit of the doubt that he’s better than that. But if it is the case, then he deserves what he’s getting. That’s an absolute disgrace and an awful way to show the world you deserve ‘better’. He only needs to look at the main event of this year’s Mania to see there’s a right way and a wrong way to respond to being relegated to kickoff shows and the like.

They need to bring in Dixie to cheer him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

leggo wrote: »
    If it’s unprofessional for a cashier in Dunnes on minimum wage to tut at me when I go to buy a chicken fillet roll because she’s frustrated with her job, it’s unprofessional if a lad on six figures is having a tantrum during his entrance on television. I’m giving EC3 the benefit of the doubt that he’s better than that. But if it is the case, then he deserves what he’s getting. That’s an absolute disgrace and an awful way to show the world you deserve ‘better’. He only needs to look at the main event of this year’s Mania to see there’s a right way and a wrong way to respond to being relegated to kickoff shows and the like.

Jaysus, she tutted at you? What was the story there? Did she fcuk up your order and ya had to correct her?

• Advertisement

Can't say I blame EC3; plenty others clearly don't care so why pretend to :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement